[Aylen] Kazkin - Character Ban

Moderator: Game Admins

Re: [Aylen] Kazkin - Character Ban

Postby Heroman3003 » Wed Jan 23, 2019 2:26 pm

My interactions with Ahz were rather limited and majority of what I know of them was from looking at their interactions from either the side of general crew, not directly involved, or actual observer. That said, reason for that is, in part, because I've been deliberately avoiding them and when I did have any, despite them being rather mild, I felt like I was sitting on a landmine, with one wrong move meaning bad times. When I see Ahz on manifest/join existing round, way too often I find my first thought going to "I wonder if there will be huge shitstorm because of them today...", which I think sums up the view of the character in general.

From all I've seen, heard and observed, I can only assume Ahz got plenty warnings and plenty second chances, but it seems like we've run out of lives now and the consequences are finally caught up from all that accumulated from before.

And in general response. I see people who had overall positive interaction and I do not doubt they did. But the fact is that the good behavior is seen by few the player chose to show that side of Ahz to. The general public rest? They get either no opinion since they're lucky enough not to know her properly, or get shit on/observe her being an asshole. Asshole characters can be made. But they can only be good when work in exactly opposite way. Do not wave how bad and horrible you are into everyone's faces, do not force conflict and antagonization on people that just want to have more peaceful roleplay or environment not full of people screeching at each other in anger or frustration. If you don't wanna play 'goodie two shoes' (or however its called), that is fine, but showing shitty parts of your character to public and good parts to select few is quickest way to be actively disliked/hated/feared. I've seen other characters display similar aspects to Ahz at different points, in terms of RP. Difference? None of the times I've seen them being disruptive, being directed at people wanting to avoid conflict or brought to such public extent that now everyone is unwilling observer of shitstorms caused. They were displays of negative sides that wasn't forced on anyone not willing to see it or having to deal with it.

I think Ahz as a character had it long coming, and perhaps actually lasting consequences are the best actual wake up call there can be for the player.
Heroman3003

Postby Kazkin » Wed Jan 23, 2019 2:29 pm

The problems are limited to just Ahz. My second character, who I don't tell people about, is the exact opposite. Quiet, calm, helpful, kind, I don't play him as often but I did play him every night for nearly two weeks and never once had a single issue with anyone. Wanting a player ban is a bit much Tempest and seems more like a metagrudge against me as a player given you've interacted with my second character for nearly an hour one shift and didn't have an issue.
Kazkin

Postby Wickedtemp » Wed Jan 23, 2019 2:49 pm

I think I've said all I can think of.

Nerdass was pretty much dead accurate. I didn't think they were at first, but I'm thoroughly convinced now.

The character and the player have had more than enough 'second chances' and still haven't changed.

Your 'super secret second character' isn't even relevant, pretty sure I know who they are anyway for what it's worth.
Wickedtemp

Postby Konkons » Wed Jan 23, 2019 2:56 pm

Heyo! I really wish there is more positive things I could be vocal on but as at it stands, I have to give a fat negative on this app. Most people have stated everything I could say, so I wont text wall this. The argument that 'its IC' is ridiculous considering as the immature/edgy personality made me and it seems others want to avoid them on an OOC level. That being said, I think the player could be fine, as long as they understand that calling people degenerates(or other actions of the sort) for a fetish they dont participate in themselves is not cool on an OOC level, that confrontational characters need just as much OOC consent of other players as predators do with their prey, that just because they are ICly rude doesnt mean they arent giving someone an OOC headache.

I genuinely think that not only this character ban needs to stay, but it should be bumped to a full on server permaban.

Now this wouldnt be fair in any sense. I would agree the admin should have done it at the time, but at least it will allow the player to come on with a completely different character and show that they can play someone who wouldnt cause issues to spill into OOC level as they claim they can do with Ahz. That's my suggestion to you Kazkin, start with a whole new character with their own personality, prove you can be a character people actually want to play with (it can still be a confrontational or generally negative character, but as said earlier, know your audience. Wouldnt suggest making another Ahz though.) then come back again if you really wish to bring this character back.
Konkons

Postby Konkons » Wed Jan 23, 2019 3:00 pm

Ah darn new information came to light as I posted. My suggestion still stands just that you already have another character. But having the character is not proof enough, it requires time away from Ahz to see if the personality will come out in this one with no Ahz to use as an outlet.
Konkons

Postby Aces » Wed Jan 23, 2019 6:25 pm

I'm not convinced, and after some digging, I'm coming to learn that this player has a history of shitty behavior that extends clearly to OOC.

Now, as a matter of integrity, I refuse to ban for something that happened months ago, but I am also really wondering how all of this crap was going on those months ago, and somehow nobody made me aware of this sooner. Well, consider yourself back on our radar, Kazkin. Keep it up and we'll just get rid of you completely once you screw up badly enough. Or, maybe you'll take this as a warning sign to get your shit together. Or you'll go bother another community because we're terrible or something, only to get kicked out there as well. Don't know, don't care, so long as the rest of my players are happy.

I don't particularly give a shit about one person's enjoyment if their methods are causing problems for everyone else. Appeal rejected.
Aces

Previous

Return to Denied