[Aylen] Kazkin - Character Ban

Moderator: Game Admins

Re: [Aylen] Kazkin - Character Ban

Postby Kazkin » Tue Jan 22, 2019 4:41 pm

Ahz did mention that to Westfire, I remember because they were in the phoron shelter during a breach. She was repairing his body as alluded to it, but it wasn't vicious or antagonistic, at the time I just wanted to talk with him about it. That situation slid by without incident, they got along in the shelter after Ahz finished repairing him. She may have been bitter but it didn't last long.

As for Ahz's deal with Tempest it was that Ahz just didn't much like her and after the shooting incident took her frustration out on Tempest because of things Tempest said to her. Same for last night, both were mistakes. I said before I have nothing against you Tempest and that Ahz just didn't like Tempest after that whole incident. I want to fix that in the future if I'm given a chance.
Kazkin

Postby Westfire » Tue Jan 22, 2019 4:56 pm

I've been thinking for a bit over whether or not I want to say anything in this...so here I am now.

I'll admit, I haven't had a lot of interactions with Zhz. Maybe like 4 or 5 total.

Unfortunately, all of those interactions have been sour at best, with the biggest being, as Tempest has mentioned, the Pathfinder incident.

Until that point, I'd been off put by Ahz's insubordinate, slightly bloodhungry behavior, especially on the one or two expeditions I went that happened to have her...a thing I always found a bit odd since she was a roboticist but I just wrote it off. I figured that eventually she'd mellow out, especially with the whole being married thing.

She did not.

As Tempest has said, I was the IA agent the shift the Pathfinder incident went down, and frankly I was, and still am, amazed that Ahz got away with what she did. I'm fairly fucking certain a good deal of other people, myself included, would've been bwoinked and demoted hard if not outright character banned for the shit she did, not only DURING the expedition, but her behavior after it, especially with her backtalking the CD, Scree at the time, Tempest as the CMO, and the RD. I must have sent at least three different faxes regarding the situation, and I was just. Amazed at the end of it all. Amazed that Ahz had been allowed to go so far, amazed that she hadn't changed one bit in the admittedly small but spaced out time I'd known her...

But then after THAT, I figured maybe, just maybe, she'd mellow out. She'd ICly get psychiatric help, she'd calm down, she'd see that yes she did indeed make some errors. Someone would sit her down and talk to her, and that would be the end of that.

Nope.

The few times I was RD with her around, or needed her overall *at least twice I think), both times she made jabs and sly comments regarding the incident, telling me that she hadn't changed one bit and was holding a grudge against Westfire. I never really responded to those jabs because I didn't want to make things worse, but it just made me more surprised and disappointed.

And now this incident. I wasn't around during this, I had to work. But from what I know...it's pretty much nothing new from Ahz. This is the same behavior she's shown every time I've seen her: Insubordinate, unrepentant, and outright dangerous to other crew members, and not even in the expected away around here.

Edit:
Ahz did mention that to Westfire, I remember because they were in the phoron shelter during a breach. She was repairing his body as alluded to it, but it wasn't vicious or antagonistic, at the time I just wanted to talk with him about it. That situation slid by without incident, they got along in the shelter after Ahz finished repairing him. She may have been bitter but it didn't last long.

Yes, that's what I'm referring to. The problem is, I didn't know that she was't being antagonistic and just wanted to talk. Her behavior before with the other times I've seen her suggested otherwise. It slid by because I was afraid to speak on the subject because I had no idea what would happen if I did. I've played it as West just shrugging it off and trying to get along with her anyways, but that fear is still there.
Westfire

Postby Kazkin » Tue Jan 22, 2019 5:04 pm

If that is how I came across then it wasn't intentional West. Ahzrukhal did have psychiatric help in character, I sought two evals from two seperate players after that incident. I seriously was mellowing her out and if my allusions to the incident to strike up the conversation was interpreted poorly then I should have been more forwardly kind instead of just alluding. Westfire is one of the people I was aiming to fix things with after the shooting incident, I was mellowing out and did for awhile and just got toxic this round. The marriage was one of the major factors why I was changing things up with Ahz. She was going to get teachings from another character to further refine her kindness better and hide her temper. I just fucked up last night when I was trying to prevent another instance like thats happened in the past.
Kazkin

Postby R1f73r » Tue Jan 22, 2019 5:42 pm

I’ll be up front in that I was asked to reply here by Kazkin. But I fully intend to give my honest reply. Ahz has always been rather brash and rude and mean. Very much so. But I have seen the parts where she can be kind, or at the very least have seen where she has had options to be mean and rude but has chosen not to. I’m not saying this excuses what she did to seraph, that is certainly not okay, but it does, at least in my opinion, show that she can indeed try to be nice. It’s not much I know, but she has shown compassion to others that I’ve seen, I just wish she’d show more to others. I will say that I personally think that they deserve one last chance. One more, where they are looked at with the highest scrutiny. That way if they mess up again they have no excuses, but if not then they improved and can be a positive member of the community again.
R1f73r

Postby Wickedtemp » Tue Jan 22, 2019 6:00 pm

I'm not going to demand the ban is kept or say it should be lifted, but if it does get lifted, please don't try to the Redemption Arc and try super hard to make friends with Tempest. It isn't going to happen. Shi's never treated Ahz unfairly, has offered to try to help them time and time again, even when shi knew they committed malpractice shi still went through with asking for their side of things, despite numerous incidents of hostility in the past. I'm pretty much done with that, the character isn't worth the time or energy on my part to "work it out".

Sure, maybe they have a shining core, but if they're covered in shit and try to gouge my eyes out every time I try to help clean it, it's just not worth it, I stop caring. Tempest isn't going to grudge against them, but they can't have any relation outside of whats required for their jobs. Assuming that it even gets lifted.
Wickedtemp

Postby Nanaki » Tue Jan 22, 2019 6:03 pm

I have been hearing about the incidents lately, unfortunately, my input on this situation is kind of limited as I did not participate in any of the controversial rounds involved, but usually as when I play Pathfinder/SAR, Ahkeen usually abides by the station rules and while she can be an abrasive character, she usually stops short of stepping over the line. The recent incidents in this thread have made me wonder if there was some kind of OOC trouble Ahkeen's player is going through, that might be affecting their OOC judgement which is problematic on a character with an abrasive personality prone to IC problems. The ban appeal seems to confirm this, which, suggests that maybe some time off the station would perhaps be a good thing. In that light, rather than the binary options of either rescinding the ban fully, or keeping the ban permanent, a third route can be taken to reduce the sentence, but keep it at a length of time determined by the admins. The idea being to give the player some time to sort OOC stuff out, while at the same time making it very clear that the aforementioned behavior was completely unacceptable.
Nanaki

Postby Kazkin » Tue Jan 22, 2019 6:07 pm

Nanaki wrote:I have been hearing about the incidents lately, unfortunately, my input on this situation is kind of limited as I did not participate in any of the controversial rounds involved, but usually as when I play Pathfinder/SAR, Ahkeen usually abides by the station rules and while she can be an abrasive character, she usually stops short of stepping over the line. The recent incidents in this thread have made me wonder if there was some kind of OOC trouble Ahkeen's player is going through, that might be affecting their OOC judgement which is problematic on a character with an abrasive personality prone to IC problems. The ban appeal seems to confirm this, which, suggests that maybe some time off the station would perhaps be a good thing. In that light, rather than the binary options of either rescinding the ban fully, or keeping the ban permanent, a third route can be taken to reduce the sentence, but keep it at a length of time determined by the admins. The idea being to give the player some time to sort OOC stuff out, while at the same time making it very clear that the aforementioned behavior was completely unacceptable.

A temporary character ban would be more than acceptable given I understand my actions were worthy of being banned in the first place. I'm not going to post a sob story, I've had some trouble in the recent month ooc and I'll leave it at that. A week ban, hell a two week ban, would be more than acceptable.
Kazkin

Postby Mewchild » Tue Jan 22, 2019 6:13 pm

I'm the player of Phi, Ahzrukal's husband, and the person they interact most with on the server. I see Ahz more than anyone else, I interact with them more than anyone else. That said, I cannot support bringing back Ahz as a character.

The incidents leading up to this ban have been building up for months and months now, nearly half a year. From going on blood-soaked rampages in expeditions, for the expressly stated purpose of fueling bloodlust, attacking other explorers over minor incidents... And as was mentioned in this thread, Shooting Phi when he tried to keep them away from the body of a pirate they'd murdered, then butchered. Ahzrukhal has been blazing a trail through the server for months now, and up until this point, there's been little care for what's left to burn in her wake. Insubordination, caustic speech, calling voraphiles degenerates open and unrepentant (including such instances as using the say *vomit command when witnessing another crew eat a monkey), Ahz has been a negative mark on this server for a long period of time. As I said in DMs to Kazkin: "I think that this incident (with Seraph), Kaz, was just the match that set the pyre alight. That fuel had all been stoked leading up to this"

To be equally fair, however, When Ahz was good, she was... fucking phenomenal. She was an absolute joy to work with when things were calm, she was kind at times, she was funny (when not insulting), and she cared about those around her. However, when Ahz wasn't good, when Ahz as a character wasn't having a good time, nobody who interacted with them was allowed to have a good time. Command, Phi, her friends, her co-workers. All were caught in the collateral damage of "I'm in a bad mood, so fuck you and your mother, you fat ugly cunt"
Mewchild

Postby Keekenox » Tue Jan 22, 2019 6:16 pm

Hi I played SMU-453 (Station) on Virgo and I can say that I had a fair amount of interactions with Ahz and they were mostly pleasant. I'd also like to add that in my opinion I find that characters that are mean IC aren't always a bad thing. Some of my most compelling RP has been with characters that had a poor disposition with mine. That being said Ahz was always quite nice around my characters and I spent a decent amount of time doing toxins and sciency nerd shit like that with her.
Keekenox

Postby Wickedtemp » Tue Jan 22, 2019 6:24 pm

Changing my answer a bit to a hard negative after Phi's post. If they think it should stay, I'm in agreement.
Wickedtemp

PreviousNext

Return to Denied