[Nerdass] Heroman3003 - metagrudge

Moderator: Game Admins

[Nerdass] Heroman3003 - metagrudge

Postby Heroman3003 » Sat Oct 27, 2018 4:47 am

Byond account and character name: Heroman3003, Lauren Zackson
Discord ID (if applicable): Heroman#3003
Banning admin: Nerdass
Ban type (What are you banned from?): Jobban from entirety of engineering
Ban reason given: Metagrudged against Cafaling, saw them doing something in engineering, and respawned in order to adminhelp about said thing inconveniencing them.
Ban length: n/a
Approximate time ban was placed (including time zone): ~1:30 PM PST
Your side of the story: That specific round I saw that prep was done, so was going to just come in, grab the materials, a suit, and head out to solars area for a prolonged period to do a test-run on the construction of specific idea. What I didn’t expect was to run into the tape and be told I need a radsuit (all of which are located IN the engineering). At first I thought about waiting it out, so went maint crawling but by the time I finished surface level checks, I just checked manifest again and realized that I just didn’t feel up to waiting a while just to do complicated construction (wasn’t feeling up for a round much in the first place, just thought less-populated round when I am not yet falling asleep would be good for what I wanted to try), leaving all finds for science, and teleporting out, staying half-afk, before being banned.
Why you think you should be unbanned: While I do admit that I have big dislike of that player, so far I’ve been sticking to “Just keep farthest distance possible” and it worked. The idea was to just head out ASAP after joining the round, but the roadblock in terms of radiation stopped me, so I just ahelped it and it didn’t matter if it was them or someone else, all I wanted to do was to try my hand at constructing the thing. While I was observing round earlier, it was after engine has already been started, and I was unable to check radiation levels (and didn’t consider doing it really). Looking at logs, there was a single mention of place being irradiated, but overall I didn’t pay much attention to radio.
Heroman3003

Re: [Nerdass] Heroman3003 - metagrudge

Postby nerdass » Sat Oct 27, 2018 7:58 am

So why didn't you just ask them if they could get you a radsuit?
nerdass

Postby nerdass » Sat Oct 27, 2018 8:20 am

Also. Why did you jump straight to an adminhelp /one minute in/.

Because honestly, it looks like you respawned just to have an excuse to adminhelp something, because you adminhelp about this player a lot, and it's very, very suspicious.
nerdass

Postby Heroman3003 » Sat Oct 27, 2018 2:06 pm

For the asking for radsuit part:
I would perhaps ask for it, or maybe just the stuff I needed even to be brought out. But along with being told I’d need it, I was also told to do atmos instead of going into engineering to set it, which was not among the things I was up to doing that round, having wanted to mostly do construction engineering. And when the fact that I lack tools was mentioned bit later, I was basically told “you do not need tools to go set atmos”, which isn’t even among things engineer must do. I was still willing to help with stuff that is actual problems, emergencies and/or within station engineer’s actual responsibilities, but tried to avoid doing more than there is need to.

For jumping to ahelp and little communication:
That is mostly a fault on my part, as I try to reduce my direct interactions with them to absolute minimum, having experienced how often it tends to escalate to conflict. How quick it happened was mostly related to the fact that I just went down to engineering immediately after joining from the teleporter, and ran into tape about the same time I was told about needing a radsuit. If the workshop and engineering EVA weren’t among irradiated areas, I’d probably ignore it, just get stuff and leave, but they were.
Heroman3003

Postby Iroquois Pliskin » Sat Oct 27, 2018 9:40 pm

I believe it's acceptable for me to reply to this post, considering I'm involved.

First: I announced in no uncertain terms that there was radiation while you were observing AND after you boarded, that there was radiation. If you were watching setup, you would have heard the geiger counter, or at the very least seen the number of shots I put into the engine, which, as memory serves was 3 times the usual amount. So you should have known there was radiation, watching logs or not. Not to mention, this, located conveniently in the ghost tab.

Second: If you've made a point of avoiding me, what exactly motivated you to join for a project while I was CE, then not tell me about that project when I requested you take care of Atmos to give the radiation time to drop off, and instead sit quietly in maintenance?

Third: When I asked you to do Atmos, it's because I knew you were capable of doing it, I was trying to give you something to do rather than immediately cause confrontation, and I knew that you would be able to do it without any extra gear. Atmos can be done with the tools you spawn in with, and I'm sure you know this.

Fourth: All this coming together, why not just join as a borg and do the project as that? I believe you have one. Why not ask me for the equipment, as Nerdass rightfully points out? Why was this 'project' you mention not brought up at all, in its place the passive aggressive replies like: this?

Putting aside my own distaste for you, this still seems incredibly sketchy. ESPECIALLY if the 'AHelp a minute into boarding' is true.
Todo: Not fuck up.
Iroquois Pliskin

Postby Heroman3003 » Sun Oct 28, 2018 5:18 am

Iroquois Pliskin wrote:First: I announced in no uncertain terms that there was radiation while you were observing AND after you boarded, that there was radiation. If you were watching setup, you would have heard the geiger counter, or at the very least seen the number of shots I put into the engine, which, as memory serves was 3 times the usual amount. So you should have known there was radiation, watching logs or not.

I initially was sitting in lobby, and only joined observers deeper into round, after the engine was already started. The one time I did hear geiger from observing around, was when I jumped on you and you were standing in the engine room next to open window to the SM itself, that has clearly been already shot from intense clicking of counter. And of all places on station, its one where I would always expect geiger to go nuts. I just assumed you were getting your radiation glow after starting it, not that you went way overboard with it.

Call me a blind idiot, but has that button seriously been there for a while? I remember looking for something like that once a good while back, but never found anything to check rads from ghost so just assumed it wasn't a feature and never bothered to take another look-over again.

Iroquois Pliskin wrote:Second: If you've made a point of avoiding me, what exactly motivated you to join for a project while I was CE, then not tell me about that project when I requested you take care of Atmos to give the radiation time to drop off, and instead sit quietly in maintenance?

I was bored, had nothing else to do, suddenly was reminded of the idea I had, realized round in terms of population was perfect for it and was expecting to just grab stuff and leave. Normally I wouldn’t do that, but not really feeling like anything non-station, manifest looking like no pref-aligning crew and having remembered old idea made me choose to join the round on-duty.

Iroquois Pliskin wrote:Fourth: All this coming together, why not just join as a borg and do the project as that? I believe you have one.

Yes I do have few borg characters. But it was not an ‘final’ construction, instead it was a test run on how long it will take me to build it, along with figuring out layout details beyond rough idea. I’d also have to build final version as non-borg either way, so might as well practice. And of course, IC reason for why Lauren specifically would be one to do it (aka character I was playing when I got the idea from one station's happening).
Heroman3003

Postby nerdass » Mon Oct 29, 2018 7:34 am

you both have permission to duke it out in this thread if it'll help solve the tension between y'all, but i'm not exactly gonna' lift this until I'm sure y'all will stop fightin' all the time.
nerdass

Postby Iroquois Pliskin » Mon Oct 29, 2018 6:23 pm

I've weighed in and don't really have anything else to say on the direct topic, I'm afraid... Spent the better part of today thinking on it. However...

Heroman has made his dislike of me abundantly clear in multiple interactions, both on-station, and off, public, and private. Cheri isn't the most likable character, and perhaps, despite my efforts, I am not the most likable person, but whatever his issues are, they're incomprehensible to me. He's called Cheri everything from murderous and a criminal to saying directly that I have no IC/OOC separation. I don't expect much different at this point.
Iroquois Pliskin

Postby Heroman3003 » Tue Oct 30, 2018 4:41 am

I never understood why Cafaling decided to retaliate so harshly both OOCly and ICly on something that was meant to be entirely normal IC thing and even there as completely not personal (which they were only person to take as that much of personal attack), but for a long time the only feeling I had towards them was avoidance of something that I can’t understand. One IC conversation did help me better see their point of view and with how near every interaction had absolutely matching IC and OOC opinions, thoughts, etc. on their side when it came to interactions with me, I just chose the avoidance, not wanting any furthering. And for a long part of the ‘conflict’, there was no direct dislike towards them, if anything there was less since what little interaction there was was gone with me avoiding it. It was mostly inability to understand all vindictiveness. The actual dislike is actually pretty new, and related to them starting to try speaking out, ICly and OOCly, against me to others when I’m not around.

There’s not much to say past that. I never wanted direct conflicts of any sort and even approached with suggestion of distance building to descalate it back before it went all bad, but was just told that I deserve it happening.
Heroman3003

Postby Iroquois Pliskin » Wed Oct 31, 2018 12:33 pm

I find this incredibly difficult to believe, not only due to direct private interactions with you, but also public ones. Furthermore, those other people whom you believe haven't taken your actions personally? They're just polite enough to not want to cause a fuss. They chose other routes of avoiding the conflict, all the while lamenting how you act towards them.

As I said in private, the way people feel about you is your own doing. When you shit on other people's training methods, harass folks for not doing Engineering the right way, fuck over your fellow Engies IC, characters will be reluctant to work with you in game. When you nitpick mapper and coder ideas, complain about non-issues (Looking at your issue with the new Tesla design), and advocate for more punishing engines OOC, people will be less interested in meaningful discussion with you. I said it months ago, I'll say it again. I don't want to hate most people, and I like to believe I'm only speaking terms with most of the server, but you've made it incredibly difficult to like you.

And concerning speaking out about you? IC, Cheri barely comments on Lauren's existence and OOC, I only bring you up:
    - When prompted.
    - When it's relevant.
    - When I need to vent about you.
(You've done a lot of shit that, in hindsight I probably could've AHelped over, but I would just take it and vent to a friend. Maybe that was a mistake on my part.)
Iroquois Pliskin

Next

Return to Denied