[unknown] elizaspider - toxicity

Moderator: Game Admins

[unknown] elizaspider - toxicity

Postby elizaspider » Mon Oct 22, 2018 1:54 pm

Byond account and character name: Elizaspider
Discord ID (if applicable): Ardebitis#9583
Banning admin: Unknown
Ban type (What are you banned from?): Discord
Ban reason given: Unknown, presumably toxicity.
Ban length: Until appeal.
Approximate time ban was placed (including time zone): Sometime between 3AM and 3PM EST.
Your side of the story: I have no excuse. When I get into arguments, it escalates way out of hand. I need to learn to just outright avoid arguments, especially political ones, in the future.
Why you think you should be unbanned: I'll be honest here, you can probably do fine without me. I need you more than you need me. As for why, that discord is one of the few active social groups I have left. I don't know what I'd do without it. I can't promise it'll never happen again, but it will be a long time before it happens again, for sure. The fact that it's been so long since my last discord ban supports this. I feel like I'm slowly getting better, and eventually this behavior will stop. I just hope this will be the last time I'll act out like this.
elizaspider

Re: [unknown] elizaspider - toxicity

Postby nerdass » Tue Oct 23, 2018 12:40 pm

you asked someone why they're trans, so I'd like to ask you a question.

Why are you like this?
nerdass

Postby elizaspider » Tue Oct 23, 2018 6:26 pm

First off, let's put things into perspective a little bit here. From that point in the argument onward, it only got more civil. I understood a lot more about how the transitioning process is helpful to trans people, and I feel that education helped me.
Second, I'm probably like this because of anger issues, mixed with the chronic depression we discussed in that same conversation. I've also decided during my ban, that I will make it a point to just locally mute OOC for myself, and just outright avoid discussions like that. No good ever comes of it.
elizaspider

Postby elizaspider » Tue Oct 23, 2018 6:30 pm

Sorry, I meant "mute off topic" not "mute OOC".
elizaspider

Postby Aces » Wed Oct 24, 2018 8:03 am

Eliza, you created this server. For all that we have done since then, the fact remains that without you, none of this would have been possible.

So I really don't want to punish you. However, if I show you any leniency, what kind of message does that send to the rest of the community? I understand you have some issues. Many of them are issues that I have as well. You know what I am talking about. Nevertheless your behavior is unacceptable. The issues that you have should not be used as excuses.

What I saw was not an attempt to learn or be educated. What I saw was you dismissively and demeaningly ridiculing someone for being trans. If you sincerely wanted to be educated, this is not how you should have conducted yourself. I have given you numerous warnings in the past about your behavior up to and including kicks and temporary bans. I have tried my best to be unbiased but now I fear I may have shown you too much leniency after all.

I am not convinced that your behavior would change if we let you back into the Discord server. I would hope that this behavior does not translate into the game server.
Aces

Postby elizaspider » Wed Oct 24, 2018 12:04 pm

From what I could tell, this behavior has never come from me in-game. It seems to be just a discord thing.
Regardless, it sounds like your mind's pretty made up, and we both know I don't have what it takes to change that. Just do what you must, I suppose.
My only request is don't make it a permanent ban. I can handle any amount of time, as long as it isn't permanent.
elizaspider

Postby Aces » Sun Oct 28, 2018 3:09 pm

I make no such promise. I have kicked and banned you before, apparently to no effect. Your ban from the Discord will remain permanent since you seem more willing to wait out the punishment than to change the problematic behavior.

Appeal rejected.
Aces

Return to Denied