[Not Available] Liquidfirefly - Permanent Discord Ban

Moderator: Game Admins

[Not Available] Liquidfirefly - Permanent Discord Ban

Postby LiquidFirefly » Sat Sep 08, 2018 10:51 am

Byond account and character name: Liquidfirefly. The most notable are Syrina Lynn, Ariana Scol, and Occula Drenn.

Discord ID (if applicable):
Gazer#6403

Banning admin:
Not Available

Ban type (What are you banned from?):
Discord

Ban reason given:
N/A, since it was a discord ban, however the reason was extended and repeated instances of lashing out at staff and other players. Global Rule 6.

Ban length:
Permanent.

Approximate time ban was placed (including time zone):
May 16 or 17th 2018, somewhere between the hours of 11 PM and 2 AM EST

Your side of the story:
Over the year leading up to my ban, I'd become increasingly confident in my ability to see what I thought was best for the community, and I would often judge others on that basis. While I was once staff, and something like that would on a remote scale possibly have been my responsibility, the second that I realized I was persecuting others based on my own ideals is the second that should've stopped. It wasn't. I was subsequently dropped from the admin team for being overtly malicious. After that I simply stopped caring about who I lashed out at, and instead of players, started to direct my anger at most of the headmin team, in addition to the players I was previously unhappy with. All of this was on a basis that they were "making this community worse" In various different ways. This came to a point slowly, rather than with one singular incident. venomous remarks and comments about those I had a distaste for was simply a part of my normal conversation when it came to Virgo. I had no concept of holding such venom back, nor a concept of how that might hurt others. The night I was banned I had insulted a former player who came into the discord for but a moment, and then subsequently and at length argued with someone who called me toxic for doing so.

Why you think you should be unbanned:
I'm not going to say that any of my actions were justified. They weren't. There are a lot of proper channels for me to vent my frustration, and I used none of them, instead opting to vent myself in the open and lash out like a child at anyone I had even a mild distaste for. Asking for another chance might be much after how I've acted towards some of the staff and players here, and how long I'd acted this way, but I still think I should come clean at least once. My ban was justified. I didn't realize it at first, but I realize it now. I don't really expect forgiveness, or the second chance that I want, but I think a lot of people are due hearing me say that I was wrong to do what I did.
I gremlin
LiquidFirefly

Re: [Not Available] Liquidfirefly - Permanent Discord Ban

Postby somekindofpony » Sat Sep 08, 2018 10:55 am

I'm going to hold off of commenting since I'm friends with this dude.
somekindofpony

Postby LiquidFirefly » Wed Sep 12, 2018 1:37 pm

I can't edit my posts here, but I'd like to correct that I am banned from both the discord and the server, and the applied serverban has the following reason. Apologies about the incorrect appeal information, as well as being ignorant to this piece of information. I can remake the appeal if you like:
Toxic player. Already banned from everywhere else so why not here too? Applied by Jertheace on 2018-08-13

This portion of the ban ban is something that I would dispute, as none of my offenses actually took place on the server, but by breaking global rules I forfeited any right to be on the server itself to begin with, so in all reality it's merely a technicality.
I gremlin
LiquidFirefly

Postby LiquidFirefly » Wed Sep 12, 2018 1:41 pm

This had come to my attention just today when I attempted to come online in order to retrieve flavor text for an off station scene. I truly apologize for the previously missing information.
I gremlin
LiquidFirefly

Postby Mr_Signmeup » Wed Sep 12, 2018 5:10 pm

If you understand what you did was wrong and you're apologetic about it. I don't see any reason to keep you off the server. Just, please, be more self-aware of your actions next time, we don't need such comments to be directed towards members of the community. Support.
Reshskaskakss Seekiseekis: Chief of Security
Mr_Signmeup

Postby Aces » Fri Sep 14, 2018 11:41 am

Indeed when you break the global rules you lose access to more than just the platform upon which you broke the rules in the first place.

You seem to understand that but I'm just confirming that fact.

Also I am opening this to community discussion. Yes even if you are friends with the person you are allowed to post. I actually do want to hear the opinion of friends because people generally aren't friends with someone who is actually a shit head.
Aces

Postby Theoun » Sat Sep 15, 2018 3:51 pm

Guess I'll weigh in!

So I'll start by saying, yes, Gazer's a good friend of mine, we're good pals, we get along.
But I'll offset that by saying that Gazer definitely did act like an asshole and the ban wasn't wholly undeserved. He stated his negative opinions as unquestionable fact & would put them up uninvited, et cetera.

But, of course, I'm friends with Gazer for a reason. He's not just being an asshole for the sake of being an asshole, he's expressing himself in the wrong ways, and having been chatting to him around the topic, I'll throw my hat in & say he's learnt a valuable lesson from this whole affair & matured. No one is perfect, sometimes learning a lesson requires a bitter pill to swallow. From what I've seen, he's taken his medicine & admitted he was wrong - not just in this appeal thread either.

I say give him another chance, if that means anything.
Theoun

Postby somekindofpony » Mon Sep 17, 2018 12:53 am

Not going to lie, Gazer can be a monumental asshole. But he's also a really great dude. If he could get over his urge to needlessly shit talk people and bring concerns to us instead, I'd really like to see him back.
somekindofpony

Postby JoanRisu » Tue Sep 25, 2018 3:45 pm

I would like to know how you think your behavior came off as to other people inside the community and those who were joining the community aside from being an asshole. How do you think it affected people around yourself and around the community looking in and their interactions with the community?

Keep in mind, I'm asking for more than just the characterization of "asshole."
JoanRisu

Postby LiquidFirefly » Tue Sep 25, 2018 7:31 pm

JoanRisu wrote:I would like to know how you think your behavior came off as to other people inside the community and those who were joining the community aside from being an asshole. How do you think it affected people around yourself and around the community looking in and their interactions with the community?

I think that when new or experienced players saw me raving and ranting about how security was treated and handled incorrectly, or the syringe change, they saw someone who cared too much, was far too loud, and cared far too little about people he shared the server with. I'm not going to renounce my belief in a lot of things I've said about the server, but I renounce how I said it.

On one hand I like to think I was kind, and a decent roleplayer to those I let interact with me. But I think anytime else I came off as someone who was very opinionated, very callous, and very tired of a lot of things. I was someone who needed a break, or a step back but refused to take one.

Having someone like me state my opinions like fact might have convinced some new players either that what I was saying was true, or that this place was home to very loud people like me, and that they might want to leave. It's not something fun to be around. I'm fairly certain I've also convinced a fair amount of people that I'm a whiny, spiteful person who sorta just wants to hear himself talk. Under all that, I think I was a good friend to many people here, but I think to more I was someone opinionated, venomous, and loud. I didn't try to hide how much decisions and people angered me, and I didn't apologize for it. I just kinda kept raving until even the people who liked me got fed up with hearing me repeat the same closed minded, insensitive, and unwelcome opinion.

In general, I wasn't the worst person in the world. I was abrasive and unkind to specific people, absolutely. However I really did care about this place. Enough to make an ass of myself every other day raving about it. I still care, and I still have many of the same opinions I held before about the game. However I don't have the same view on how I express any of that. I think how I channelled my effort into hate back then was completely uncalled for.
I gremlin
LiquidFirefly

Next

Return to Denied