[JertheAce] DeepIndigo -Permanent Ban

Moderator: Game Admins

Re: [JertheAce] DeepIndigo -Permanent Ban

Postby DeepIndigo » Mon Jun 04, 2018 9:08 pm

Mewchild wrote:Some good things have been posted since I left my last message, and DI's reply to me hit a lot of the concerns I'd laid out. I'm changing my standing to neutral, for the moment. I want to see how else this plays out. From your replies, you seem genuinely, truly regretful of the actions you took, and true remorse is a hard thing to fake.

It brings me no small amount of reassurance to see you say this. I'm glad to see you had a change of heart, however partial. I know it's not a vote of support, or one of the votes Ace wants, but it's something.
DeepIndigo

Postby DeepIndigo » Mon Jun 04, 2018 9:15 pm

As for Yeehaw, Zalvine, Demicus, and Mr.Signmeup, in no particular order, I can't thank you enough for your support.
Nerdass, I know I already told you on discord but I do appreciate you looking out for me in that respect (and you too Zal for the same).
Vorrarkul, I want to thank you for not immediately writing me off the moment you saw the appeal.

I know if I came back it'd be controversial, and certainly not easy to get back into the good graces of the long-timers, if at all, but I don't think it's 100% impossible. I have hope. I'm also still crossing my fingers the headmins will at least give me the time of day, if only for a minute. I know we've had our disagreements and the like, but that's all in the past. Even if they don't support my coming back I'd still like to try and mend those bridges, even if just a little.
DeepIndigo

Postby Knightfall » Tue Jun 05, 2018 8:16 am

I don't know you, and I can't even think of who you played on the server. I do remember the last two appeals and about everything that happened, and can't ever imagine a combination of words you could use to come back no matter how much time has passed. When someone is unbanned from a truly permanent ban, it's because the community trusts that they have changed and fixed whatever the problem was before, but the problem was that you were a manipulative person who used other people, who casually threw away friends for such a petty reason.

You can't ever restore trust after something like that, this is the internet and everyone has plenty of time to make their words as deliberate, meaningful, and deceitful as possible. Everyone might deserve a second chance, but yours came and went with the second appeal when after six months you were still trying to lie and manipulate your way out of it instead of owning up to everything. All I will ever see is manipulation now. Maybe I'm the only one thinking like this, but I doubt it.
Knightfall

Postby nerdass » Tue Jun 05, 2018 8:36 am

fuck it

Support.

You can't unfuck what's been fucked, but you'd at least get closure from having a chance. And if you fuck everything up again, that's on you.
nerdass

Postby Wickedtemp » Tue Jun 05, 2018 11:39 am

I've been sitting here, reading over everything for a while and I decided on a stance, at least.

You disappointed me with that shitstorm. There's no other way to put it. Regardless of the circumstances, if you actively planned it, if you were persuaded to do it, if you were paid, threatened, or otherwise leveraged into it, if it was all a 'sting' from the start, that doesn't change the fact that you were going through with it.

There isn't anything I could add to this that you haven't heard already.

Support.

People have shown that its possible to come back from nearly anything. It always comes down to how ingrained the behavior is and what type of person they are.

I'm asking that you not disappoint me again.
Wickedtemp

Postby Seiga » Tue Jun 05, 2018 2:51 pm

My opinion hasn't changed since last time. The permanent ban that applies to actions like this should be permanent or else the rules and their framework have little to no integrity. Lines were crossed. And really, the fact that you have so many people supporting you in spite of that isn't really a comfort. I'm actually concerned at how effectively you endear yourself to people while also being capable of deciding that was a good idea. Makes me feel like you're far too dangerous to have around.
Seiga

Postby DrYeehaw » Tue Jun 05, 2018 4:52 pm

Knightfall wrote:I don't know you, and I can't even think of who you played on the server. I do remember the last two appeals and about everything that happened, and can't ever imagine a combination of words you could use to come back no matter how much time has passed. When someone is unbanned from a truly permanent ban, it's because the community trusts that they have changed and fixed whatever the problem was before, but the problem was that you were a manipulative person who used other people, who casually threw away friends for such a petty reason.

You can't ever restore trust after something like that, this is the internet and everyone has plenty of time to make their words as deliberate, meaningful, and deceitful as possible. Everyone might deserve a second chance, but yours came and went with the second appeal when after six months you were still trying to lie and manipulate your way out of it instead of owning up to everything. All I will ever see is manipulation now. Maybe I'm the only one thinking like this, but I doubt it.

I feel that I should explain since I've been talking with DI for quite some time. When I say they lost most of their friends here, that's not hyperbole. Every now and again they'd express remorse over losing said friends and show regret for their actions. I really don't believe they're faking it because, well frankly, if they are then the rest of their friends will likely abandon them.

Occam's Razor is often true after all, and it takes far less assumptions to assume that DI is regretful of her actions than it does to assume this is some massive plan, tricking what friends she has left into standing up for her with a nice person attitude. It'd be an insane gamble, and for what? To blow every last bit of what weak credibility she has left away? DI knows full well that if they pulled this shit one more time they're gone. And I think they're fully aware that people like me would give up on them if they tried the same shtick once more.

They want a shot at redemption, not so much an elaborate manipulation plan.

Also no offense to DI but I kinda doubt they have the willpower and abilities to masterfully trick so many people into sticking up for them, only to take a second crack at something stupid that it makes every person hit their head and go "Doh! It is I who have become error now!". We've given a lot of people second chances here. And it's been just a couple of days short to an entire year now. I think one last shot on an extremely provisional basis would be fair. They're not asking to be voided of their crimes, they're asking for forgiveness so they can right their wrongs.
Well let me just quote the late-great Colonel Sanders, who said..."I'm too drunk to taste this chicken."
DrYeehaw

Postby Knightfall » Tue Jun 05, 2018 9:04 pm

DrYeehaw wrote:I feel that I should explain since I've been talking with DI for quite some time. When I say they lost most of their friends here, that's not hyperbole. Every now and again they'd express remorse over losing said friends and show regret for their actions. I really don't believe they're faking it because, well frankly, if they are then the rest of their friends will likely abandon them.

Occam's Razor is often true after all, and it takes far less assumptions to assume that DI is regretful of her actions than it does to assume this is some massive plan, tricking what friends she has left into standing up for her with a nice person attitude. It'd be an insane gamble, and for what? To blow every last bit of what weak credibility she has left away? DI knows full well that if they pulled this shit one more time they're gone. And I think they're fully aware that people like me would give up on them if they tried the same shtick once more.

They want a shot at redemption, not so much an elaborate manipulation plan.

Also no offense to DI but I kinda doubt they have the willpower and abilities to masterfully trick so many people into sticking up for them, only to take a second crack at something stupid that it makes every person hit their head and go "Doh! It is I who have become error now!". We've given a lot of people second chances here. And it's been just a couple of days short to an entire year now. I think one last shot on an extremely provisional basis would be fair. They're not asking to be voided of their crimes, they're asking for forgiveness so they can right their wrongs.

I do agree with most of that, but where we differ is that I think they regret the consequences more than the action itself. Coming back here isn't about another plan or anything, it's to simply regain what they lost a year ago, namely friends and the server they played on. I don't think they would ever pull a stunt like that again, but only because they know they can't get away with it and not because it is wrong. That is why I will never support this. But, I also don't know them like their friends do either, so who knows if my gut feeling is right or not. In the end, it's up to the people most affected by them and not me.
Knightfall

Postby LiquidFirefly » Tue Jun 05, 2018 11:18 pm

Ehh, In sitting around and looking at this, I'm just going to pop in and say that I don't support this. Not because I don't think you're sincere, I do. I think that you yourself want redemption, or want to come clean, or just want to become a part of this community again. You hold no ill will, and you hold no malice. It's been a long time and you've dragged yourself from the dark place that you've been. The issue is more of, if you're not permanently banned for threatening headmins, turning friends on each other, and dragging other people with you, then what can anyone really be permanently banned for? You've gone a long way to make sure that your ban was unbelievably justified, and regardless of what anyone says here, headmins are unlikely to let that go. I don't think you're a shitty person, and if I were to hypothetically make a server right now, with the same general demographic, I'd be happy to include you. However, even I'd never ever unban you from here. Changed man or not, you still did what you did.
I gremlin
LiquidFirefly

Postby Molenar » Tue Jun 05, 2018 11:39 pm

After the degree of manipulation and lying that you put forward in the reason for the ban, and the previous appeals, directly targeting and threatening against server staff both in and out of game, making threats against real world selves, not to mention the straight up ILLEGAL aspect that could have bit the whole server in the ass over the underage harboring. That people support you coming back, i find concerning, honestly. The only way i can see this is trying to manipulate enough people to pity forgive you that you can try to wedge your way back into the community. I cannot see any reason we should let you back in, ever, after what you did. While I cannot absolutely deny your appeal, I am absolutely Against it.
Molenar

PreviousNext

Return to Denied