[JertheAce] DeepIndigo -Permanent Ban

Moderator: Game Admins

[JertheAce] DeepIndigo -Permanent Ban

Postby DeepIndigo » Mon May 21, 2018 12:59 am

Byond account and character name: DeepIndigo /(multiple characters)

Banning admin:
JertheAce

Ban type (What are you banned from?): Server/Discord

Ban reason:
According to server log: Harboring info about underage players. Image
According to forums and discussions there-in: Organizing a cabal with the intent of discouraging Aronai from being an active presence in the community by seeing his characters permavored (based on flimsy info.)
Ban length: Permanent

Approximate time ban was placed (including time zone): 14.June.2017 (Sever connect window says around 2206hrs, but for my timezone (Pacific USA/Canada GMT -08:00) it was around midday unless I'm mistaken)

Your side of the story: Look, I f***ed up big. Most of the staff and plenty of other people know the story by now. This would be the third or fourth time rehashing it on the forums alone. And yes, I did copy-paste the top part from my last appeal because that part is largely clerical as far as I can tell. I accept full responsibility for everything.

Why you think you should be unbanned: I understand where I went wrong, and I've done a lot of soul-searching. Better control of my temper, less bottling things up, among other areas, are things I've worked on in the time I've had away. The things I did went far beyond the lines of what was okay and I apologize for that to any that were hurt from my actions. I ask for the forgiveness of those who haven't already been gracious enough to afford me it, many of whom I have no means of directly reaching anymore. This place was like a home to me and it was a mistake to do something so brash and damaging. I'm an idiot. If by great fortune and mercy I am to return, nothing but my absolute best behavior from here out. Heck, I don't think some kind of probational return (like job restrictions/etc lifted pending application or time) would be uncalled for if I'm unbanned, if administration sees fit. I hurt people in this community and endangered it as a whole, however I want to prove my merit and show I really do care about this place. I ask that you give me a second chance, even restricted, I'll do my best to at least start making things right.
DeepIndigo

Re: [JertheAce] DeepIndigo -Permanent Ban

Postby VerySoft » Mon May 21, 2018 11:45 am

VerySoft

Postby Demicus_Maximus » Sat May 26, 2018 1:00 am

Part of me wants to automatically deny you. To toss this appeal into the waste bin without a second glance. What you attempted to do was completely irrational, spiteful, and just plain wrong. The better part of a year has passed, and with it two denied appeals. We've made it clear you're not welcome, and yet you return. The fact you're trying again leads me to believe you're either insatiably fucked up, or you've grown and are earnest in your desire to try and mend the bridges you've oh so spectacularly burned down.

And call me a fool, but I feel it's the latter. I'll +Support this appeal.

Note I said support, not approve. I'm not going to make this decision for everyone.
Demicus_Maximus

Postby DeepIndigo » Sat May 26, 2018 2:01 am

Demicus_Maximus wrote:-snip-
The fact you're trying again leads me to believe you're either insatiably fucked up, or you've grown and are earnest in your desire to try and mend the bridges you've oh so spectacularly burned down.

And call me a fool, but I feel it's the latter. I'll +Support this appeal.

Note I said support, not approve. I'm not going to make this decision for everyone.

Your support means a lot Demmers, thank you. You have my word I won't make you regret it.
DeepIndigo

Postby Mr_Signmeup » Sat May 26, 2018 5:33 am

A lot of time has passed, so I feel like I can support this appeal. A lot of things have changed and hopefully you have as well.
Reshskaskakss Seekiseekis: Chief of Security
Mr_Signmeup

Postby Aces » Sat May 26, 2018 6:33 am

No.

I don't forgive betrayal like that, and will not entertain the idea of an appeal. If you want one, you'll have to convince the other headmins to override me.
Aces

Postby Molenar » Sat May 26, 2018 8:05 pm

Gotta say, I'm with Ace on this one, with the stunt you pulled, i can't see any reason to restore trust enough to let you back in to the community.
Molenar

Postby Aces » Sat May 26, 2018 9:48 pm

Oh let's not forget threatening to doxx admins and steal their credit cards and social security numbers.

But, I'm not the one you directly harmed. If you want forgiveness, it's Aronai you'll have to speak to. If they are willing to forgive you, I might reconsider my own stance. I won't hold my breath, though.
Aces

Postby DeepIndigo » Sun May 27, 2018 12:58 am

Mr_Signmeup wrote:A lot of time has passed, so I feel like I can support this appeal. A lot of things have changed and hopefully you have as well.

As I said to Demicus, the support means very much to me, and I'm going to do my best to make sure it doesn't end up being a regret, if I'm allowed back.

Aces wrote:No.

I don't forgive betrayal like that, and will not entertain the idea of an appeal. If you want one, you'll have to convince the other headmins to override me.

I understand how you feel, and honestly in your position I wouldn't approve me coming back either. I struck out at one of your friends, and in the process screwed up a whole lot of other stuff, and that's just the parts that've been mentioned to me. I'm sure there's more fallout I've not heard about. All of which is well over the line, to say the least. That said I'm quite grateful you didn't also close my forum account and/or immediately veto this. For that you have my thanks and appreciation.

Molenar wrote:Gotta say, I'm with Ace on this one, with the stunt you pulled, i can't see any reason to restore trust enough to let you back in to the community.

Perfectly fair. But that's kind of part of why I'm here: I'm asking for a chance to earn that trust.

I've been forgiven by a few folks, more than I expected, and some I never expected to do so. I'm not gonna badger you about support, you said you won't give it, and there's probably not a whole lot I can do, if anything, to change that.

Aces wrote:Oh let's not forget threatening to doxx admins and steal their credit cards and social security numbers.

But, I'm not the one you directly harmed. If you want forgiveness, it's Aronai you'll have to speak to. If they are willing to forgive you, I might reconsider my own stance. I won't hold my breath, though.

Well, I seem to recall Aro saying he did, but simply didn't wish to speak to me as it was at the time. That said I still can't possibly apologize enough to him, and everyone else. I sincerely hope they're down to at least talk to me for at least a few minutes. I know Demi is a headmin, I think I heard about Dhael resigning? So that leaves Scree, Joan, and Aro right?
DeepIndigo

Postby Aces » Sun May 27, 2018 5:31 am

DeepIndigo wrote:
Aces wrote:Oh let's not forget threatening to doxx admins and steal their credit cards and social security numbers.

Well, I seem to recall Aro saying he did, but simply didn't wish to speak to me as it was at the time. That said I still can't possibly apologize enough to him, and everyone else. I sincerely hope they're down to at least talk to me for at least a few minutes. I know Demi is a headmin, I think I heard about Dhael resigning? So that leaves Scree, Joan, and Aro right?

Then let's hear it in Aronai's own words. And yes, Scree, Joan, Demi, and Aronai. Dhael was never a headmin.
Aces

Next

Return to Denied