[JertheAce] DeepIndigo -Permanent Ban

Moderator: Game Admins

Re: [JertheAce] DeepIndigo -Permanent Ban

Postby DeepIndigo » Sun May 27, 2018 9:17 pm

Aces wrote:
Then let's hear it in Aronai's own words.

It's in the end of his response to my last appeal.

arohka wrote:I should mention that I forgave you a long time ago. Whether that means I think you would be a good fit here, or ever want to speak to you again, is unrelated.

That was in december.
However, I'm gonna be sending Scree, Aronai, and Demi FRs on discord (I've got all them in my conversation list), Joan if I can get her discord name from someone I know, so I can talk to them. Here's hoping they don't have me blocked and are up to talking. And I again wanna thank you for being as chill about this as you are, considering you really don't have to.
DeepIndigo

Postby arokha » Mon May 28, 2018 10:37 am

I said I forgave you AND didn't support your appeal. Not being mad at you and thinking you should be here are two different things.
arokha

Postby Aces » Mon May 28, 2018 2:26 pm

arokha wrote:I said I forgave you AND didn't support your appeal. Not being mad at you and thinking you should be here are two different things.

That's what I figured. I already don't support the appeal so this just cements my opinion.
Aces

Postby DeepIndigo » Mon May 28, 2018 5:49 pm

arokha wrote:I said I forgave you AND didn't support your appeal. Not being mad at you and thinking you should be here are two different things.

I know. The only reason I brought that up was Ave's specifically using the word "forgive". I don't suppose you'd be willing to talk things over though would you? Seeing as it's been nearly a year. Like, appeal or not.
DeepIndigo

Postby Blackjack » Mon May 28, 2018 6:08 pm

I know my word doesn't mean much but with me knowing a few of the staff on a decently personal level. I feel that even if the staff need to all agree to override it. This is up to them and purely them. Im just a player and im not that important. But my opinion regarding this. Yes it wasn't a good thing what happened. I was here for it. My opinion still remains completely neutral in this, Deep was a friend yes still is. But im not gonna go out and say I condone what they did. I dont condone what they did and I dont think it was right. There are better ways of going about things. Regardless I feel they may have grown up as it were, and swallowed their pride to even repost a ban appeal. It's been a long time. And I do feel maybe give them another chance. But keep eyes like a hawk on a mouse on them. Regardless of all of this. My support or nonsupport doesn't matter in this regard. This is up to the staff but I feel some of us should make a statement on what we feel or think. So this is mine.

Sincerely ~Kat
Blackjack is fluffy lewdkitty.

Blackjack

Postby Aces » Tue May 29, 2018 4:44 am

On the one hand, I didn't open this up to community input. On the other hand maybe I should.

So it's open to community input now.
Aces

Postby Mewchild » Fri Jun 01, 2018 3:02 pm

Nobody seems to have come forward in the couple days since this has been open, so I suppose I'll be the first to share his thoughts.

I've mentioned in previous appeals, and I'll state again here for posterity, I'm the former head admin of Eros, a now defunct SS13 server. I've been around several servers before here, and staffed on a multitude of them. I've followed this appeal since it first went up, and I've gone through and read the previous unban appeals as well.

I will be up front and say that I do not, and cannot support this appeal. I do not support you coming back, or being allowed back. The actions that led to your original banning were sketchy at best, especially given the server's zero tolerance policy on hiding underaged users... and then the cabal came to light. You went out of your way, as I see it, in an attempt to ruin the reputation of a senior staff member. The possibility was kicked around of doing more than ruining their reputation, but going after them outside of the game, outside of the internet, in an attempt to ruin their livelihood, to give them a criminal record. Yes, I cede that Aronai has forgiven you, but on the same token, they've stated they don't wish to see you back... and Aro isn't the only one who you needed to be seeking forgiveness of; The fact that you're once more having to appeal this ban is proof enough of that fact. A large number of the community was made privy to your actions given the popularity of the original thread, a large portion of the community came to see you in a light that may or may not be deserved, and a large number of staff were surely hurt trying to mitigate the damage you caused, or attempted to cause, with your actions.

Trust is a fragile thing, hard to acquire, and near impossibly to repair once it is broken. I cannot speak for others, I cannot speak for staff, but I personally think that you broke the trust of an incredible number of people. Second chances may well have been given, as you asked, had the situation played out differently.... but second chances are oft a luxury, a rope to help you climb out of the hole you dug yourself into, of your own volition.
Mewchild

Postby nerdass » Fri Jun 01, 2018 7:53 pm

I don't believe there's a place for you here even if you do come back.

you'd get back in, but you'd be ignored by the playerbase because your name is tarnished here.

even if this appeal succeeded, you'd still be a black sheep because i don't think people are willing to trust you again.

we're friends but i can't support this simply because i know it's not good for you.
nerdass

Postby DeepIndigo » Sat Jun 02, 2018 12:26 am

Mewchild wrote:Nobody seems to have come forward in the couple days since this has been open, so I suppose I'll be the first to share his thoughts.

I've mentioned in previous appeals, and I'll state again here for posterity, I'm the former head admin of Eros, a now defunct SS13 server. I've been around several servers before here, and staffed on a multitude of them. I've followed this appeal since it first went up, and I've gone through and read the previous unban appeals as well.

Honestly if I could take back the previous ones I would. I was still working through the brunt of my crap when I made the december one, and the one at the time of the ban was a panicked knee-jerk reaction in response to having awoken to find friends blocking me left and right, a discord server missing, and my attempts to reach Ace only being met with "appeal if you dare".

Mewchild wrote:I will be up front and say that I do not, and cannot support this appeal. I do not support you coming back, or being allowed back.

Yeah, in your position, I'd probably say the same. Hell, I have done the same on less severely-caused perma bans in my own time as an admin, years ago.

Mewchild wrote:The actions that led to your original banning were sketchy at best, especially given the server's zero tolerance policy on hiding underaged users...

As far as this, I really wish I could recall who it was, but all I really remember is them being only a few months out at most from their 18th, and 18 by the time I was banned, if that matters at all.

Mewchild wrote:and then the cabal came to light. You went out of your way, as I see it, in an attempt to ruin the reputation of a senior staff member. The possibility was kicked around of doing more than ruining their reputation, but going after them outside of the game, outside of the internet, in an attempt to ruin their livelihood, to give them a criminal record.

Yeah. I'm not proud of this. Like the appeals, I really wish I could take it back. Nothing discussed here has been even remotely close to proper conduct, but I and I'm sure some I know would argue they are not normal for me. Moreover, I try to learn from my fuck-ups as much as I can, so in the majority of cases, as far as I can tell, they don't repeat.

Mewchild wrote:Yes, I cede that Aronai has forgiven you, but on the same token, they've stated they don't wish to see you back... and Aro isn't the only one who you needed to be seeking forgiveness of;

I know, I've been trying to reach people, but it's not easy when most of them don't use the forums, and have blocked me on discord. I'd like to think I've gotten a lot of traction on bridge mending with the few I can get a hold of, if not outright mended them. Always room for improvement though, especially in this situation.

Mewchild wrote:The fact that you're once more having to appeal this ban is proof enough of that fact. A large number of the community was made privy to your actions given the popularity of the original thread, a large portion of the community came to see you in a light that may or may not be deserved, and a large number of staff were surely hurt trying to mitigate the damage you caused, or attempted to cause, with your actions.

I'm appealing again because at this time, unlike in the previous two, I feel like I've got some semblance of my shit together. And yeah, I've still a few friends in the community, who periodically share stories and happenings with me, some of them on the staff. I feel like, though, the damage I've done probably won't completely heal unless I can come and make an earnest effort to mend things, in person (so to speak). I think as long as that whole fiasco is the last memory a bunch of people have of me, it won't ever truly go away.

Mewchild wrote:Trust is a fragile thing, hard to acquire, and near impossibly to repair once it is broken. I cannot speak for others, I cannot speak for staff, but I personally think that you broke the trust of an incredible number of people.

No argument here. I absolutely did do that, and thinking back on it honestly makes me feel sick, even now a year later.

Mewchild wrote:but second chances are oft a luxury, a rope to help you climb out of the hole you dug yourself into, of your own volition.

Which is exactly what I want to try to do: repair what I fucked up.
DeepIndigo

Postby banas » Sat Jun 02, 2018 10:14 pm

I didn't start playing until after the ban was already in place, so don't have any firsthand interactions to go on or direct emotional stake in it. All I have is what's written in the previous ban threads. My opinion is really just a question to the admins:

Is there any possible offense anyone could commit that would warrant a penalty beyond a one-year ban and a by-the-book written apology?

Because if that's the appropriate penalty for the out-of-game actions and threats of real-world harm described in the previous appeals, I'm not sure what kind of behavior would warrant anything greater.
banas

PreviousNext

Return to Denied