Moderator: Game Admins

[luminescentring] 911EarlyArther - Insults/slur

Postby 911EarlyArther » Fri May 18, 2018 4:58 pm

Byond account and character name: 911EarlyArther - Zels Kei
Banning admin: luminescentring
Ban type (What are you banned from?): Server ban
Ban reason: Calling somebody a "megafaggot" over comms
Ban length: Perma
Approximate time ban was placed (including time zone): 2018-05-18 00:39:11 (Unsure of timezone as I just took it from the note that appears when you try to join.)
Your side of the story: Somebody was shouting for somebody to do something about robotics on comms, and I was fairly certain it was just pointless screaming, so I just said something along the lines of (I forget what I said exactly), ";Shut up and stop screaming over comms you megafaggot." Not too long after, I think I was PMd by an admin about it, asking why I said that, and I think I said something like, "They were screaming over comms." A short while later, I was banned.
Why you think you should be unbanned: At the time I didn't think it could offend anybody, but now I realize I was wrong. I usually just use the term "megafaggot" as a joke insult, because I find it hard to take something like that with the word "mega" in front of it seriously. I realize that just because I see something one way, doesn't mean everybody else does, either. I checked back on the rules to see which one I broke, and I saw the one about "no slurs." I didn't mean to hurt anybody's feelings, and I'm sorry for saying what I did.
911EarlyArther

Re: [luminescentring] 911EarlyArther - Insults/slur

Postby somekindofpony » Fri May 18, 2018 6:01 pm

I find it tough to believe you've broken these rules more than once before and haven't learned from them. As it stands now, I'm not willing to change my decision.
somekindofpony

Postby 911EarlyArther » Fri May 18, 2018 6:21 pm

I've only had one other offense, which I've apologized to both the server in general for, as well as somebody who seemed to be more personally effected by it. I do feel resentment for my actions, and if there was anybody that I did offend by doing this, I'd like to personally talk to them about it, and apologize for it. I realize it doesn't look too good having been banned seven days prior, and you probably think that I am going to allow this to happen again and just say these things again, but I wholeheartedly mean it when I say that I don't intend to break the rules again.
911EarlyArther

Postby somekindofpony » Sat May 19, 2018 8:37 pm

You had three offences before this.
somekindofpony

Postby 911EarlyArther » Sat May 19, 2018 10:54 pm

What was the third?
911EarlyArther

Postby Demicus_Maximus » Sat May 26, 2018 12:13 am

In less than a month you've managed to rack up an impressive amount of notes for dickish behavior.

Pushing people out of their wheechairs and then dashing off in said wheelchair... Butchering dogs... Suiciding/attmepting suicide 'because you were depressed' without even notifying the staff...

And then, right as your previous ban is over, you're banned again for your behavior?

Even if you are sorry, which I am doubting, I still don't see a reason to lift your ban at this time. I suggest trying a different RP server for a while, and trying for another appeal further down the road.

Appeal denied.
Demicus_Maximus

Return to Denied