[Nerdass] Kazkin - 24 Ban

Moderator: Game Admins

[Nerdass] Kazkin - 24 Ban

Postby Kazkin » Sun May 13, 2018 10:07 pm

Byond account and character name: Kazkin, Ahzrukhal Ahkeen
Banning admin: Nerdass
Ban type (What are you banned from?): 24 temp ban
Ban reason: Opened fire on another explorer after the other explorer disarmed them because they were being an annoying little shit with the violin. Then lied about how the other person fired the first shot when questioned about it..
Ban length: 24 hours
Approximate time ban was placed (including time zone): 10:45 pm
Your side of the story:

The other explorer, Charlie, had repeatedly attempt to disarm or knock my character down for using a violin while out exploring. I ran around at first until he actually hit me down. I responded by pushing him and telling him not to touch me. He attempted to knock me down again and I pulled back, warning him if he tried again I'd shoot him "in the bollocks". He tried a third time and I fired a single shot past him. The other explorers came in and calmed the situation down before we deciced to go back to the shuttle. My character threw Charlie away from her and Charlie responded by unloading a shotgun blast into Ahzrukhal's chest. Before I could react another character, Johnathan, used the solar cannon on his mech and shot Charlie. Several times. I pulled my energy pistol and fired at Charlie as well, who died. Ascian had to treat Ahz for several injuries that would have resulted in death. The admin who banned me asked to talk and I conceded, however he was incredibly hostile and rude. I explained that Charlie had fired first with a shotgun when the combat began, since there was rp and time in between the first warning shot I had fired. Charlie used the shotgun because Azhrukhal threw her away from her, not in direct response to the warning shot as Ascian had calmed things down. The admin then called me a "lying shit" and said "see you in 24 hours" before banning me. I'm not sure if he also banned John as the Durand's solar cannon was the actual thing that killed Charlie.

Why you think you should be unbanned: Chances are by the time people will respond this ban will expire, which is fine, its just the way the admin in question had *acted* was extremely unprofessional and showed a clear level of bias. The amount of anger and quick dismissal of my explanation made me wonder if Charlie was the admin in questions character or a close friend. Firing a warning shot for someone smacking me around with pushes and grabs can be too much, that I can agree with. Lasers themselves are not lethal in one shot and we all had armor, I did not think it was too lethal or overboard action considering I missed and they had been chasing me and received a warning before any gun was pulled. I'll admit that was a mistake and would be willing to apologize to the player who played Charlie. Yet I highly doubt Charlie was banned or even questioned for attempting to use a far more lethal weapon on me for a throw, nor was John even questioned when his mech was the damage that killed Charlie.

It was extremely poor work as an admin and not befitting the server.
Kazkin

Re: [Nerdass] Kazkin - 24 Ban

Postby Kazkin » Sun May 13, 2018 10:25 pm

Forgot my timezone: CDT (Central Daylight Time) UTC/GMT -5 hours
Kazkin

Postby Scree » Mon May 14, 2018 3:09 am

What server's rules are you playing by because pulling a shotgun on someone because they pushed you after you spent your time just annoying the hell out of them with a violin and tried to stop you is absolutely a lethal/overboard action. Whether you missed is irrelevant.

Grabing and throwing them at random is absolutely a re-initiation of hostilities too.

John wasn't banned because he intervened after the situation had already turned to gunfire, therefore it was reasonable that he might shoot at the people that are apparently shooting other teammates.

As a further note, drop the moral high ground crap. Pulling the "BUT I ASSUME THEY WEREN'T BANNED TOO" has absolutely no bearing on whether your ban was justified. Nobody likes lawyers.
Scree

Postby nerdass » Mon May 14, 2018 5:31 am

you shot first after creating the situation. you can't use your own actions as an excuse for valids.

a dayban is as slap on the wrist an outcome as you could have possibly got from this situation.

don't square up over the violin.
nerdass

Postby Aces » Mon May 14, 2018 5:48 am

Appeal rejected.
Aces

Return to Denied