[arokha] fleetgothic - permaban

Moderator: Game Admins

[arokha] fleetgothic - permaban

Postby fleetgothic » Wed Apr 25, 2018 11:23 pm

Byond account and character name: fleetgothic, Mont'Kais
Banning admin: arokha
Ban type (What are you banned from?): perma
Ban reason: The wall of notes saying that you use 'it's just RP' to excuse being frustrating to other players without attempt to work with them in any sort of RP sense (in that you sort of consider staying true to your own character 'roleplaying' more than actual interaction with the others), plus the fact that when we bwoinked you that you literally approached a random person, asked if they were a griefer, and offered them access to toxins probably means you should not be playing here..
Ban length: Perma
Approximate time ban was placed (including time zone): 9:20 4/25/18 PST
Your side of the story: There isn't much to say really about the toxins part. That was just stupid shit, and I can't really say anything against that. No justification, none of that. But the rp stuff, I try to be realistic. I mean, my character freaks out at that shit. It's been known for quite a while that he's like that, and most people are fine with that. But again, apparently it's against the rules, so again, no excuse.
Why you think you should be unbanned: There isn't much I can really say honestly. The toxins stuff is enough of an excuse to keep me out of the server, which I understand. You know I come here to rp, but I do stupid shit a lot. And I have to say, it's kind of my fault for that, which I need to do. I can go on a rant about a lot of things, but what matters is what I did, and what I need to do in the future.
fleetgothic

Re: [arokha] fleetgothic - permaban

Postby arokha » Wed Apr 25, 2018 11:52 pm

You approached someone over being told off by an admin and offered to let them grief. ... ... I wasn't going to do anything and LR was handling talking to you just fine, but then you literally approach someone and offer to help them grief. Which is against like ALL the rules? Not to mention you tell your entire department 'no vore', which is not a thing we would allow.

Almost all your notes are "They keep using the excuse of 'I'm just playing my character' to be a jerk". So I mean. No thank you, from me, anyway.
arokha

Postby fleetgothic » Wed Apr 25, 2018 11:56 pm

I understand your concern with the no vore act, but I'd assume that people would hide the evidence well, or do it outside of the department. My character, once again, hates seeing that, so it was natural for him to do that. Again, I understand the toxins fiasco is enough to ban me. And I think I need a break from this for a good while. I got a bit too excited, and didn't use clear judgement. So... Sorry about this. I'm not trying to change your opinion. I'm just clearing things up.
fleetgothic

Postby Scree » Thu Apr 26, 2018 12:00 am

fleetgothic wrote:(Science) Let this be a warning to you science. When I'm here, none of the eating shit.

Honestly this part alone is reason enough to not want your cockblocking ass around. And that's not just personal opinion, it's the rules:
the RULES wrote:Things might be happening around you that you're not into. If you can't accept that you might be exposed to things you don't enjoy, or actively seek to prevent people from engaging in said things, you will be asked to leave.

Note "actively seek to prevent people from engaging in said things". Siccing security on someone because you found them doing laundry, and telling them that it was unwilling (doing laundry is only evidence of vore, not evidence of unwilling vore), counts. Basically it's going out of your way to shit on people for having scenes. Then you use your authority as a head to cockblock the department further. Which is a dick move. And before you pull the "it's IC" card...

the RULES, yet again wrote:Saying "it's what my character would do" isn't an automatic protection against this rule

I don't care how "IC" your character's behaviour is if it breaks the other rules of the server. It's the same excuse as "I'm playing a psychopath so I'm allowed to murder people randomly with an axe".
Scree

Postby Demicus_Maximus » Thu Apr 26, 2018 12:05 am

Roughly 24 hours previous, you were thiiiiis close to being permabanned for using slurs, No-RP sneak attack on someone in maint that appears as if it would have resulted in murder had I not paralyzed you for questioning, then trying to lawyer your way out of it because "It's roleplaying".

I suggest you take a nice long break, THEN try another appeal. I'm giving this a solid no from me.
Demicus_Maximus

Postby Scree » Thu Apr 26, 2018 12:08 am

Oh, and a further thing.
fleetgothic wrote:But the rp stuff, I try to be realistic. I mean, my character freaks out at that shit. It's been known for quite a while that he's like that, and most people are fine with that.

Actually this is incorrect. They're not. We've received complaints about what your character is like. You've been spoken to by other admins about what your character is like.
So no, most people are not "fine with that". They've been tolerating it at best.
Scree

Postby Demicus_Maximus » Thu Apr 26, 2018 12:28 am

fleetgothic wrote:But the rp stuff, I try to be realistic. I mean, my character freaks out at that shit. It's been known for quite a while that he's like that, and most people are fine with that. But again, apparently it's against the rules, so again, no excuse.

Yea, that NO-RP beatdown I mentioned earlier? They threw a soda can at the trash, hit you by accident, and shrugged it off. You went absolutely apeshit, called them a... uhhh...

[2018-04-25T03:01:12]SAY: Fleetgothic/(Mont'Kais) (105,62,3): WhEre DiD Thaht fah'ggut go?!

...so you called them a faggot, tracked them into maint, then without so much as a single word, guesture, ANYTHING, began beating them to death with a crowbar, till I paralyzed you. Since lo and behold, I was ghosting you at the time, as people had PM'd us about you using that kind of slur on station. Furthermore, when confronted, you immediately began trying to lawyer up. Claiming it was "roleplaying" and accusing the person you were trying to kill of having called the admins. Which is an incredibly stupid thing to accuse someone of in that situation since that is precisely the time when we want people to contact us.
Demicus_Maximus

Postby fleetgothic » Thu Apr 26, 2018 1:06 am

I didn't know how much people hated this character... People should've just told me directly, and I would've stopped playing him a LONG time ago. I mean, I've never been unreasonable OOC, so... Yeah. I guess I'll just stop this character when I'm unbanned in the unforseeable future.
fleetgothic

Postby somekindofpony » Thu Apr 26, 2018 5:52 pm

You have been pretty disruptive to other players with actively preventing them from doing any sort of vore related things, played an asshole character for the sake of being an asshole. You also tried giving a 'griefer' access to toxins?
somekindofpony

Postby Aces » Thu Apr 26, 2018 7:42 pm

Aces

Return to Denied