cynical ban appeal

Moderator: Game Admins

cynical ban appeal

Postby cynicaltester » Mon Mar 26, 2018 10:07 pm

Byond account and character name: Cynicaltester
Banning admin:Luminescentring
Ban type (What are you banned from?): Server
Ban reason:I was told i am incredibly toxic player who is not here for vore or rp
Ban length:Does not give me a date so i am assuming
Approximate time ban was placed (including time zone):2018-03-26 21:09:56
Your side of the story:I am rather confused on all of this my character is an ass i admit it. i am called a toxic player who is not here for rp or vore. I was not here for vore at first i even thought it was rather weird at first. I came here because i am a rather open person. I tried it was different something i might try again. But i am then told i am not here for rp which is insulting i have a lot of friends on here for being such a "toxic person" i have had no ill will for this server and i have found this place to be a lot of fun.
Why you think you should be unbanned:Well i rather enjoy it here i would like to play more the player base is a bit iffy but that is ss13 and i am willing to work with that. Vore is something i am still experimenting with and i like being introduced into new things which this place has plenty of. I am willing to tone back my characters if needed. I rather love rping and such. I would even be willing to talk to admins closely to completely figure out what needs to be changed. I do have players who actually enjoy my characters as well as rping with them.
cynicaltester

Re: cynical ban appeal

Postby cynicaltester » Mon Mar 26, 2018 10:09 pm

Since i read over it to many times and made a mistake and i can't seem to find a way to edit it i will just post it as a reply
Ban length:Does not give me a date so i am assuming permabanned
cynicaltester

Postby Wickedtemp » Mon Mar 26, 2018 11:23 pm

Hey, I play as Chakat Tempest, the CMO that round.

The bit that sparked all of this was Dorian's behavior towards their Departmental Head. They asked them to stop remarking about the state of a body over comms - Tempest asked this because that really isn't something you'd want to talk about over the Common channel, and since the patient in question had been resleeved and, as far as Tempest knew, was still online and present, I'm sure ICly, hearing about how absolutely destroyed your corpse is wouldn't usually bode well for ones psyche. The patient in question returned immediately after this exchange as an off-duty medic.

Dorian's response to this was "no, you can't tell me what to do.", and upon realizing that shi could indeed do so, changed to "wow they made you a cmo, no wonder everything went to shit". At this point, Tempest was going to simply talk with them in the office and make it a teaching moment, if shi could. But Dorian refused, so shi didn't have much of an option left other than to demote them.

Cue Security's questionable searching of Medical and Medical Crew, Dorian picked fights with Security, though to be honest, Security wasn't exactly wanting to de-escalate things either, so that's on both parties.

Then, cue Dorian saying "It doesn't matter, I'll just be back next shift" - Which... Also isn't really good. It shows a lack of understanding as to why your character was demoted. I was going to log out for a while after the search as well, so I can't really blame you for doing so, but if you don't understand why Dorian's behavior was questionable that round, they're likely to be demoted out of Medical repeatedly by whoever's in charge if they're always antagonistic and disrespectful.
Wickedtemp

Postby somekindofpony » Tue Mar 27, 2018 2:43 am

Hi, banning admin here. I'd like to raise a few points.

Being an asshole in character because it's what your character is isn't any reason for us to let you do it. Being fired and saying "I'll just be here next shift" isn't something we allow, either. I'd also like to bring up this little gem here.

"Called another character a whore and told them to kill themselves. It was IC, but the player complained (and I do think it's a bit extreme). I talked to them about it and their response was 'they should see a medical professional' and claimed they dindonuffin. by _ on Wed, March 21st of 2018 "

You aren't our target demographic and you're making this unfun for the other players. As it stands, you can stay out of the community until you learn to play nicely with others and respect them. Even if "it's all IC", there are real people behind those pretend characters.
somekindofpony

Postby Scree » Tue Mar 27, 2018 7:33 am

I pulled your logs for the day and you didn't finish a single line with a punctuation mark. I don't think I saw anything that was more than a single line. Even what few emotes were there were one-word shit like "sighs".

This may sound elitist, but if you're not bringing anything that anyone wants, and you're bringing plenty that people explicitly don't want to deal with, we'd rather you not be here so the people who are our target audience can carry out their RP undisturbed. Calling the playerbase "a bit iffy" isn't helping your case either.
Scree

Postby Zalvine » Tue Mar 27, 2018 10:54 am

Going to keep this short in sweet, based on what I see here and notes. Going to go with 'Kin stamp of Opposition.
Zalvine

Postby cynicaltester » Tue Mar 27, 2018 12:02 pm

Since this is clearly a fruitless endeavor. You guy's are taking this off one round and notes which tend to be an ineffective and biased way of looking at things. I did have quite a few people who enjoyed doing things with my characters not like that matters. You guy's would rather have bland boring people who are all the same. Also if a person is being effected by being told to kill them self's in a game they need to talk to someone. If anything you should of sent them a suicide hotline and that be it. In the situation they had killed there friend it made total sense if that is extreme please think of a good friend of yours dying and tell me you wouldn't think of saying something like that. Also I was in and out that round and rather busy. I do try to rp but most people do not want to interact with them because they don't just fuck or eat anything that moves or have issues icly which are reasonable. I've seen more violent and offense people manage to stay in there workplace in the real life. This isn't about that though I clearly see you all care more about hug boxing your player base then have anything really different. You guy's don't want to work with your player base because you are lazy shits I have tried to be nothing but polite and you guy's swing towards the most biased approach I have ever seen an administrators take. i am not the greatest at English i am doing this not because i care about that chance to come back in i just hope this brings light to issues your server has if you people even have attention span to read this far. Now thank you for your time sorry for wasting it but Christ do you guy's need to actually work on working with your player base. I assume this is going to do nothing goodbye vore station sjws are actually ruining a game built by 4chan congrats.
cynicaltester

Postby PontifexMinimus » Tue Mar 27, 2018 12:18 pm

Oh, I forgot we are the only server for SS13 and also public and totally not niche.
PontifexMinimus

Postby Scree » Tue Mar 27, 2018 1:07 pm

One of the biggest issues this server has is people showing up and trying to treat it like it's a goddamn chan, as if we want that idiocy here. Don't let the door hit you on the backside on the way out.

We are working with our player base. You ain't it.
Scree

Postby nerdass » Tue Mar 27, 2018 1:14 pm

accurate title is accurate

no support
nerdass

Next

Return to Denied