zalvine thedavesdave same as last time

Moderator: Game Admins

zalvine thedavesdave same as last time

Postby TheDavestDave » Thu Feb 22, 2018 12:23 am

b]Byond account and character name[/b]:
Banning admin:
Ban type (What are you banned from?): EG; Job banned from HoP, banned from the whole server, banned off the chatroom
Ban reason:
Ban length:
Approximate time ban was placed (including time zone):
Your side of the story:
Why you think you should be unbanned:
TheDavestDave

Re: zalvine thedavesdave same as last time

Postby TheDavestDave » Thu Feb 22, 2018 12:24 am

how do I edit?
TheDavestDave

Postby TheDavestDave » Thu Feb 22, 2018 1:14 am

I'm just going to drop the template things after chatting wtih zalvine

I got fired because I picked a fight with the HoS because they ordered me to give the last phaser. I tired to raise conserns over someone turning up late they would go in to a death world punching things and due to a failing on my part to get my point through or their not listening didn't, and got in a fight that needed to be brokered by the RD

then after following the medic we got seprated form the other two and I got fired when not staying together and job banned. (About and hour before makeing this post)

While I don't personaly think it's worth job banning me seeing as we two people went down, and someone else got lost. My comunaication faults do make it clear you might want to think about job banning me for head jobs. I did have most the crew tell me I did well when we returned back and coulnd't understand why I was fired

I repeatedly said if you get seprated you die on the shuttle there and paying attention was important for some added irony. I understand don't bark at every dog, but most the missons I've seen go wrong were easily preventable if someone had at least a taser.

If I had to repeat the whole thing, I would of ahelped to get a way to word what I wanted to say through correctly, or got an IAA. I honestly think we should update SOP so that everyone has atleast a taser. To the point if someone went unarmed and I knew about it, I would refuse to lead that team. (I was kind of proxie leader at that point)

also if I don't get unjobbanned, I would like the reason changed in my notes it was due to comuncation issues, and not doing the job badly. And regardless of outcome, it might be best to job ban me from heads and IAA roles.
TheDavestDave

Postby Mewchild » Thu Feb 22, 2018 2:20 am

As the HoS who you got into the argument with, as well as the one who dropped the fax and spoke with the RD, I'll chime in.

You, in round, were extremely argumentative and rude in regards to orders given by the chain of command, in particular to your own head of staff. I very strongly recall the phrase, from Tachika: "It's like you haven't even been here for this conversation"

The issue with the phaser? You outright stated that the pilot was on higher priority to be equipped with a recharging weapon, so they could leave the ship. The issue wasn't with the phaser not being given, it was that there was one free to give, and you were choosing to give it to the man inside the ship. Phi, my HoS, treats Virgo-2b as a focus when he's with the expedition team. He's well aware of the engineering/ion hivebots, and the dangers they pose. The frontier phaser and the Advanced Energy Gun are the only two energy weapons that can be recharged without returning to the ship, and as such, I made my terms clear. Either the officer was to be equipped with a Phaser, and AEG, or the officer wouldn't be coming. After a near thirty minute argument in the hangar, I waved it off, and pulled security support from the team. The RD joined shortly after, got a brief from me, and we had our meeting in the Head of Staff meeting room. There, as stated above, you were argumentative, belligerent, and held a clear disdain for the fact that another individual was in your chain of command. It took a threat of arrest for you to finally agree to accept the order given to you, an explorer, by the Research Director.

I was well aware of the issues and points you made. You said the officer was heavily armed (which was false), you said they could order AEGs from cargo (also false), and that the officer was to be the lowest in priority for the team being equipped. As part of the research team (Explorer is still research), I would have, at the very least, expected you to ask on science comms about getting an AEG. Instead, you chose to follow me down the hallway, shouting to me about how wrong I was, after I stated the issue was closed and that I was done with the conversation.

After that, things progressed nicely- until about 15 minutes after the expedition left, where we got reports on comms about how the mission had gone tits up. Tachika and I spoke to several members of the expedition team, and here's the report we compiled after speaking to the team members. This was the fax sent to central command. First is the incident report from security.
Leading up to departure of expedition, Explorer Roy Tilton assumed command of the team without consultation of command staff. The issue has been dealt with, but consisted of a refusal to properly outfit security accompaniment, and a stated desire to have the pilot outfitted with weaponry in order to leave the ship and function as fire support.

By reports, the team on Virgo-2b was unorganized by all accounts. Officer Starsong was the only one, by reports again, to accompany the expedition lead as per orders. After engaging with two groups of hostile forces, Rockwell sustained heavy ballistic fire, and went down. Starsong managed to remove them from the firing zone, sustaining heavy laser fire in the process. Starsong and Rockwell were on the point of the expedition, with Tilton and Ilyinshna wandering off and disappearing in the initial encounter. Tilton was encountered once more later, with the deceased medic en tow.

Reports that Tilton provided upon returning to the station are strongly at odds with those provided by the rest of the team members, stating that the team ran off alone and separated, that Tilton the officer ran ahead of the group solo, and make no note of the activities involving the medic. Pilot reports indicate the falsehood of these claims

The report compiled by the RD (who has trouble with writing in common, as per him being a vox):
Request for demotion of (ROY TILTON) following expedition: 2562 - 02 - 21

Assigned squad leader: Truce Rockwell

Squad was seperated soon after landing on Virgo 2.

Roy Tilton and accompanying medic fled the group during first contact encounter with hostiles.

Prior to trip, Tilton was belligerent and trying to take command of the group even after reprimand. Very disrespectful.

Soon after seperation, the only squad medic was disabled while Tilton took superficial collateral scorches.

Tilton's report indicates that they did not keep up with the group and wandered away rather than stay and request a retrace of the path.
Several accompanying photos indicate that Tilton stayed behind to take pictures rather than stay with the group.

Final notes: Tilton is unfocused, disrespectful, and unable to work with a group for any serious outing. A small hunting trip on the beach perhaps, but even that seems to be a risk.

I would not like to send forth another squad with him as a member, given the large amount of disruptions and argument before the shuttle even left the station.

These are the reports sent to Central, as stated above, and why I feel central was so willing to demote Tilton- especially given he was JUST allowed back on the expeditionary teams, after a number of similar problems.
Mewchild

Postby TheDavestDave » Thu Feb 22, 2018 5:07 am

I said that they should be better armed then we were, as did the rest of the team. And that as they arleady had a weapon (both tasers, and their starting pistol) they didn't NEED a gun. I then told you that you have access to the amoury and if we had more weapons I could spare a phaser. I aslo remeber AEGs being in expermental weapon crates. As I said IC

The job is to doucment thing, not kill everything there. I don't think you understand how quickly people ran off etheir. I went form the officer being in my photo to asking where people went over radio and them not answering. Giveing the choice between going back to the shuttle, or staying with the only peroson I knew where they were. I went with the latter. Taylor got shot almost as soon as we made the landing and we spend most of our time after that chaseing after her (or trying too). The dective was in the second picture until they also ran off faster than could.
TheDavestDave

Postby TheDavestDave » Thu Feb 22, 2018 5:08 am

I don't have a way to explain, I knew where everyone was one second to asking where the other two had ran off to the next
TheDavestDave

Postby banas » Thu Feb 22, 2018 6:14 pm

I don't have any personal stake in this, but I was observing the last part (30 minutes maybe) of the away mission in question. I don't have context for anything before or after (as I was offline before and playing afterwards) but this is the part that I did see:

When I began observing the away mission, Roy was in the small far-east room and the SAR was near the door in the room just to the west. I did not see anyone else of the away team nearby.

The SAR got into a firefight with an engineering hivebot and took several ion hits. They tried to retreat, but it was too late because they had already taken three or four hits and were significantly slowed down.

Roy peeked in and said something like "The medic is down."

Around this point someone on the radio ordered the expedition team to retreat.

In a series of hit-and-run attacks, Roy got a shot in here and there at the engineering hivebot, falling back to the east room to recharge between. He destroyed the hivebot but a second one wandered in, and then in several more hit-and-run attacks he destroyed that one too.

The room now clear, he dragged the dead medic to the far-east room.

About this time, a research drone entered the room and found the two of them there. Roy, the drone, and the deceased SAR then walked back to the shuttle.

When they got to the shuttle, there were two or three people waiting there plus somebody was in stasis in the sleeper. At this point I stopped observing.

I did not notice any communication in either direction between the split-off group and the rest of the team aside from the call that the medic was down and the order to retreat, but it's possible there was more and I just missed it in all the observer spam scrolling by.
banas

Postby TheDavestDave » Thu Feb 22, 2018 9:02 pm

that's pretty accurate. I remeber me or the medic did ask where the other group wondered off to, or asking for them to come back with no resposponce before we went running after them
TheDavestDave

Postby Zalvine » Tue Mar 27, 2018 10:52 am

I'm going to keep this short and sweet. I've no plans on lifting this at this time. 'Kin stamp of Rejection.
Zalvine

Postby Aces » Wed Apr 04, 2018 7:01 pm

Zalvine doesn't really have the ability to reject bans themselves but I do, and I'm not going to accept this, so it's rejected. It's been sitting too long.
Aces

Return to Denied