[Mr_Signmeup/All] - Seekey/Ceekey - Toxicity/Ban Evasion

Moderator: Game Admins

[Mr_Signmeup/All] - Seekey/Ceekey - Toxicity/Ban Evasion

Postby Mr_Signmeup » Sun Feb 11, 2018 3:16 pm

Byond account and character name: S/C/eekey | Director Overseer Wheelbarrostein (The individual not the person on paper)

Banning admin: MrSignMeUp (Or All of Them tbh)

Ban type: Deported and Exiled

Ban reason: Posting medical diagrams of dicks outside of NSFW, Calling out other players in the discord for examples of poor roleplay, making jokes about furries, openly insulting the furry community, a disinterest in ERP, and shitposting on the forums. Ban Evasion, or realistically breaking and entering since stealth was the last thing on my mind. Being as toxic as a pufferfish prepared by michael J fox.

Ban length: -1 (That's code for infinity)

Approximate time ban was placed (including time zone): 2017-10-02 (4 months ago)

Your side of the story:
I'll go through each of my offenses in bulletpoints addressing them and any other complaints I can think of.

*Posting medical diagrams of dicks outside of NSFW
Testicles are not a vacuole, they are a productive gland that resembles more of a lung than a sack, yet it is not treated this way. In order to prove this in a slapfight- argument, I posted a medical diagram in the general area the discussion was being had. I personally think this was reaching as just a reason to tally against me and doesn't have merit.

*Calling out other players in the discord for examples of poor roleplay
Yes, I called out Ketrai. Him and I (I believe) were friends. He seemed to be promoted unduly and I pointed out as an example a lack of progression being represented in stories. It might've been a bit much for just a fun server. I wasn't trying to make any sort of attack.

*Making jokes about the furry community/insulting the furry community
Yeah, I get that a lot of furries are into vore and maybe verbal roughhousing and shitposting isn't your guys' style. This was my biggest problem and my repetitive offense that lead to my ultimate demise. I'm really not quite sure on this one, I made a joke about the word 'mate' being for animals and not superior sentient beings. I don't really attack things directly or show any ill will toward furries so long as they don't take themselves so seriously that we can't laugh together about it. It stands out as an immature trait and I can't stand it.

*Disinterest in ERP
I heard off the grapevine that Ace in particular disliked my disdain for ERP. I'm an erotica writer, doing my busy-work as a hobby isn't exactly appealing to me. I prefer the humorous interactions and think I did them well, I stand by that my OOC attitude is the catalyst for my obliteration.

*shitposting on the forums
Guilty as fuck, some might think that I was just not taking it seriously but, when you're against the wall and the firing squad won't even look at you, what more can you do but crack a joke right? It's how I handle my problems, when there's nothing left for me I tip my hat and do a jig just to take the sting of defeat down a notch.

*Ban evasion
My second account, ceekey, was banned for ban evasion, but come on. Evasion implies a modicum of stealth. I was testing an IP cycle on this router I got and decided to very obviously pop on for giggles which I didn't quite get.

Why you think you should be unbanned: According to the articles of confederation, which is separate from Vorestation online maritime law, I was TRAVELING not playing, so as a sovereign citizen with the rights of my foreskins I will not be detained. I know my rights and all about Global Rule 6.

Yucks aside, I don't hate you guys and I don't want you to hate me. There was a stressful period with several bans, we didn't quite agree on everything, I don't really play SS13 anymore because Vorestation is the only server with a consistent story that holds any appeal to me, even if I think it's mismanaged and the admins treat the whole situation like a warzone. If you want bygones to be bygones, then I'll stop starting fights if you'll admit I'm not the antichrist out to destroy your community.

Thanks for your time, and good hunting stalkers.

(Posted on behalf of Seekey cause I'm a niiice guy, ayy)
Reshskaskakss Seekiseekis: Chief of Security
Mr_Signmeup

Re: [Mr_Signmeup/All] - Seekey/Ceekey - Toxicity/Ban Evasion

Postby Aces » Mon Feb 12, 2018 10:04 am

Really not interested in having this player back.
Aces

Postby JoanRisu » Mon Feb 12, 2018 10:09 am

Oh boy, here we go. Seeing how you (meaning the applicant) don't seem to care enough to actually write a decent application and drop all pretense of mockery, I see no reason to give you due courtesy.

Ban length: -1 (That's code for infinity)

Also code for "I want to be a smartass about the entire process."

*Posting medical diagrams of dicks outside of NSFW
Testicles are not a vacuole, they are a productive gland that resembles more of a lung than a sack, yet it is not treated this way. In order to prove this in a slapfight- argument, I posted a medical diagram in the general area the discussion was being had. I personally think this was reaching as just a reason to tally against me and doesn't have merit.

You posted a penis in a channel that was not marked NSFW instead of just quoting a medical document, posting in the actual NSFW channel and directing whomever you were arguing with to said channel, or asking the irl nurse that literally is on the admin team for their opinion.

*Ban evasion
My second account, ceekey, was banned for ban evasion, but come on. Evasion implies a modicum of stealth. I was testing an IP cycle on this router I got and decided to very obviously pop on for giggles which I didn't quite get.

Don't use us as your testing grounds. You have an assortment of online networking tools that would help you test your router.
And you violated your ban on our server in the process. You can be cheeky about technicalities all you want, we did not want you on the server and you willfully ignored that.

*shitposting on the forums
Guilty as fuck, some might think that I was just not taking it seriously but, when you're against the wall and the firing squad won't even look at you, what more can you do but crack a joke right? It's how I handle my problems, when there's nothing left for me I tip my hat and do a jig just to take the sting of defeat down a notch.

Shitposts as a coping mechanism for a downfall is hardly an excuse for doing it at all. We're busy people, we rather be doing something else that doesn't involve cleaning up someone's pathetic last shebang especially when it is painfully obvious we were not amused to begin with. The lack of forethought and self-preservation in the community is not only astounding but continues to lead me to believe you do not care.

Which leads me to this:
Why you think you should be unbanned: According to the articles of confederation, which is separate from Vorestation online maritime law, I was TRAVELING not playing, so as a sovereign citizen with the rights of my foreskins I will not be detained. I know my rights and all about Global Rule 6.

Yucks aside, I don't hate you guys and I don't want you to hate me. There was a stressful period with several bans, we didn't quite agree on everything, I don't really play SS13 anymore because Vorestation is the only server with a consistent story that holds any appeal to me, even if I think it's mismanaged and the admins treat the whole situation like a warzone. If you want bygones to be bygones, then I'll stop starting fights if you'll admit I'm not the antichrist out to destroy your community.

• You can't even take one moment to shed the comedy routine, why would any staff member for one moment take this appeal seriously enough to advocate passing it?
  • Your self-depreciation is for naught when you can't even demonstrate the ability to fix that negative self-recognition in your own application.
  • Whether or not you hate us is hardly the issue with this appeal.
  • You're not the antichrist, you just lack the ability to know how to stop your detrimental bad habits and lack the ability to recognize when it is and isn't appropriate to be the class clown.

tl;dr I do not support this appeal.
JoanRisu

Postby nerdass » Mon Feb 12, 2018 2:21 pm

it's almost like he learned absolutely nothing

no support from me either
nerdass

Postby AldenBluetenberg » Mon Feb 12, 2018 2:24 pm

-Redacted-
Last edited by Aces on Mon Feb 12, 2018 5:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: If you are not directly involved, your opinion is not wanted. See the sticky thread.
AldenBluetenberg

Postby Haery70 » Mon Feb 19, 2018 5:32 pm

Well, this seems to be for public input, so I'll say a few things before I'm on my way.

You're a good RP'er, I can give you that much. But, as one of the elected class clowns of my senior year in High School, I have this to say: Know when it's appropriate to crack a joke, especially if it's going to be a ban appeal because most admins don't approve of the whole stand-up routine in ban appeals. Your appeal shows that you do not care if it gets accepted or not and seems more like you've wanted to do a repeat of the admin application that you made after you got banned, again just to meme it out with others. Note that you appeared to be a lot more serious in your first ban appeal and it got accepted. But, you turned around and got yourself banned for the same thing within several weeks. If you truly believe that you wanna get back on, I'd take Joan's advice and try not to be an edge-lord 24/7 if the appeal gets surprisingly accepted or wait a month to make another appeal with a more serious appeal, because, honestly, I think this is more of Resh trying to pull an admin's leg by being snarky than it is a ban appeal.

I'll admit, this BA did give me a bit of a chuckle, but I'm afraid that I'm not giving out any support on the grounds that it doesn't show that you have any interest in returning.

I thank Resh for bringing the appeal on their behalf for they appeared to have no other way of making one and I apologize if this appeal did turn out to not be for public input.
Haery70

Postby Haery70 » Mon Feb 19, 2018 11:11 pm

Haery70 wrote:Well, this seems to be for public input, so I'll say a few things before I'm on my way.

You're a good RP'er, I can give you that much. But, as one of the elected class clowns of my senior year in High School, I have this to say: Know when it's appropriate to crack a joke, especially if it's going to be a ban appeal because most admins don't approve of the whole stand-up routine in ban appeals. Your appeal shows that you do not care if it gets accepted or not and seems more like you've wanted to do a repeat of the admin application that you made after you got banned, again just to meme it out with others. Note that you appeared to be a lot more serious in your first ban appeal and it got accepted. But, you turned around and got yourself banned for the same thing within several weeks. If you truly believe that you wanna get back on, I'd take Joan's advice and try not to be an edge-lord 24/7 if the appeal gets surprisingly accepted or wait a month to make another appeal with a more serious appeal, because, honestly, I think this is more of Resh trying to pull an admin's leg by being snarky than it is a ban appeal.

I'll admit, this BA did give me a bit of a chuckle, but I'm afraid that I'm not giving out any support on the grounds that it doesn't show that you have any interest in returning.

I thank Resh for bringing the appeal on their behalf for they appeared to have no other way of making one and I apologize if this appeal did turn out to not be for public input.

Edit: I forgot to mention that while I wasn't there for most of the stuff that he's done, I was there when he was posting medical diagrams of the male genetalia on the Security channel in Discord. Even I believed that it wasn't appropriate for him to do and assumed that the act alone was what was going to be the final straw for him.
Haery70

Postby Aces » Tue Feb 20, 2018 5:21 am

Appeal denied.
Aces

Return to Denied