[JerTheAce] GingeraleDragon - permaban

Moderator: Game Admins

[JerTheAce] GingeraleDragon - permaban

Postby GingeraleDragon » Sun Oct 15, 2017 5:27 pm

Byond account and character name: GingeraleDragon Ginge Shar'da/Mira Yuuglo/Schae Tachi
Banning admin: Scree, upgraded to perma by Ace
Ban type (What are you banned from?): Entire server/Discord Server
Ban reason: Metagaming suspicion and labeled as "toxic player"
Ban length: Permabanned
Approximate time ban was placed (including time zone): 2017-10-08 19:14:01 (ETS)
Your side of the story: A recent incident with a character known as "Archer Maximus" was labeled as metagrudging, when in reality, the events of the round where Schae Tachi and Archer Maximus were not intended to be had even. A character known as Mak Tus chose to involve themselves with the teshari, and this was misconstrued as "recruiting" into the Schae pack. The actions of Mak Tus had nothing to do with Schae involvement, and most Schae members have little to do with Mak Tus. The situation was taken out of context and I'm biting the dust for it. Another incident was during the whole Chuck LeFuck ordeal where I left during investigation, which was my honest mistake.
Why you think you should be unbanned: Most of this has been addressed with admins via Discord DMs and proper information has been communicated.
GingeraleDragon

Re: [JerTheAce] GingeraleDragon - permaban

Postby Aces » Mon Oct 16, 2017 2:57 pm

Now you seemed to be on a good track at first, though there was briefly a hiccup regarding your age. Somebody mentioned to me you were in fact underaged at some point. Now I have verified your age and I know for a fact now (or you're really good at lying) that you are over 18.

However, that's not the part where things went wrong with this.

Now let me start by again referring to the initial point of the ban. You have an extremely poor means of dealing with people who are doing you wrong. You feel the need to go after them and exact some kind of revenge. The metahate group is something that became painted in a bad context over a large amount of time. Lastly, we had the thing where you bailed on us as an admin was directly talking to you about something you did wrong in-character. For context just in case anyone reads this, you pointed a gun at the visiting clown for absolutely no reason, and when tried to void the situation when the clown called for help. You also shot the clown. Yes I know that was a mistake of the game mechanics but like I said to you before; you shouldn't have been aiming a gun at random visitors to the library in the first place while expecting players not to react to it.

So what's the part of all this that prevents me from removing this ban?

Well, the other night somebody happened to off-handedly mention that you were underaged. They had logs to substantiate this claim. Now we know this was incorrect, but how were they supposed to know?

This is how you responded. Posted with permission from the other user.

If this is how you treat players who make honest mistakes like this, then this community is better off without you. Your "privacy" of logs is not relevant to me wherein rulebreaking is being reported. Players are going to speak up, and I in fact expect them to do so. Although you were not underaged, this user had only this information to go off of, and so they reported it. We did a very painless and quick appeal for the underaged part. You weren't even banned or had any additional time added to the ban merely for being underaged, because you were already banned as it is. The inconvenience of you having to produce an ID does not warrant the pestering you have given another user over it.

I have no desire to have a person like you in this community. I'm going to ask what the other headmins think but your chances look pretty shit right about now.
Aces

Postby Aces » Mon Oct 16, 2017 3:00 pm

P.S. Tell your friends to mind their own business. You know who I am talking about. I won't mention their name here, but they are the one who had been vouching for your appeal, but they're the ones who told you "hey this guy just said you were underaged" for them to go after you to begin with.

If they keep it up, all of your metabuddies will be banned alongside of you. Don't like it? Go play another server.
Aces

Postby Scree » Mon Oct 16, 2017 3:09 pm

I'm going to leave this here. Note the second paragraph.

This appears in the welcome channel on the discord. I don't think it's ambiguous. Meaning that if someone has knowledge of an underaged player and doesn't let us know, they could be banned for it.

This is entirely aside from any kind of "snitches get stitches" bullshit because we don't play that game around here.
Scree

Postby GingeraleDragon » Tue Oct 17, 2017 1:42 pm

See, here's the thing. Withholding information about underaged players can get you banned, I get that. This individual knew I wasn't underaged. They only stepped in when it was convenient for them to make a jab at me, since for little over a year now, this person has constantly been antagonizing me outside of SS13, this is only another attack. I've done what I could humanly possibly do to distance myself from this individual, and when I thought it was safe to attempt to give them a chance at coming on neutral grounds, they stab me in the back like this, because their entire relationship with me has been nothing but "to teach me lessons". They had the ability to look me up on various other platforms to know my age, in fact I'm pretty sure I've directly stated it to them before.

If you're going to take a frustrated bout as a reason to keep me banned, whatever. Just please, do know you're taking the word of a vindictive and hypocritical person, who has stated they aren't doing this because they care about the community or the server and simply because of unrelated interactions, as your nail in the coffin.

Take it from him, not me.

I'm starting to believe that people are just digging up stuff and pulling things out of nowhere to keep me banned and I'm beginning to feel personally attacked on whole new levels. It's getting ridiculous.
GingeraleDragon

Postby GingeraleDragon » Tue Oct 17, 2017 2:05 pm

Aces wrote:If this is how you treat players who make honest mistakes like this, then this community is better off without you. Your "privacy" of logs is not relevant to me wherein rulebreaking is being reported. Players are going to speak up, and I in fact expect them to do so. Although you were not underaged, this user had only this information to go off of, and so they reported it. We did a very painless and quick appeal for the underaged part. You weren't even banned or had any additional time added to the ban merely for being underaged, because you were already banned as it is. The inconvenience of you having to produce an ID does not warrant the pestering you have given another user over it.

I have no desire to have a person like you in this community. I'm going to ask what the other headmins think but your chances look pretty shit right about now.

Let me pull the Non-SS13 related card as well and just say that had literally anyone else pulled this information, the messages wouldn't have happened at all, or at the very least been worded differently. I understand honest mistakes happen, but knowing who this person is and how they've been treating me in the past is a world of change. If it's not deliberately trying to get me banned "to teach me a lesson" then I don't know what it is.
GingeraleDragon

Postby purplebird » Tue Oct 17, 2017 3:44 pm

Look I was trying to be nice and keeping out of this shit since the other day, but if you're going to sit here, deface me, and lie to people, i'm going to do what you're doing and actually try to keep you banned by bringing up numerous points.

1) You sit there and call me a hypocrite, when your current place in this appeal is personally attacking me and focusing on me being part of it, when i'm not. What got you banned is your attitude, and you're only proving your attitude further by going after me. You're doing more to keep yourself banned than I am, especially seeing how I don't care if you're banned or not from virgo, I simply want you out of my life and you're not respecting that.

2) Yes, I am vindictive, its something i've come to terms with throughout the years of my life and something I try my best to avoid acting upon, but to be vindictive means to have desire of revenge, and revenge means you were far from innocent on that front, in fact my whole opinion on you is rather terrible based on the fact that you hurt me when I was in a vulnerable state, you never apologized for such on top of that, you made excuses instead. I EVEN PUT THAT BEHIND ME to try and rebuild a healthy relationship with you as a friend for the sake of our mutual friends, yet any time I tried to reach out to you, you would simply reply with short, dismissive, and otherwise rude statements. You cannot even try to say that I was "harassing" or "antagonizing" you when you're the one who instigates things in the first place.

3) " I've done what I could humanly possibly do to distance myself from this individual " Is absolute bullshit. You could've simply blocked me if you didn't want to interract with me, you did it in the past, and you did it again shortly after this incident. Nobody is forcing you to reply to me or even read what I say, and your lack of self control is only further evidence of your own immaturity.

4) " This individual knew I wasn't underaged. " Actually no, I didn't, mainly because I don't pay attention to shit like that constantly, and I honestly thought you had just turned 17. On top of that, I know for a damn fact that you've been playing on virgo (and citadel) since before your 18th birthday, seeing how (after some digging because I didn't fucking know) Your birthday is February 2nd, and you've been playing ss13 since I met you somewhere between 6/21/2016 and 9/23/2016 (dates I pulled up from the earliest messages posted in servers we are in, the second date specifically being from an ss13 discord.) So you may be of age now, but you've shown on numerous occasions that you don't adhere to rules in the first place seeing how you openly violated them to play on virgo before you were of age. Turning 18 doesn't erase time and actions from beforehand.

5) You lack the social maturity required for interaction with others, especially in a mature environment. Something again you've proven multiple times. You may be legally mature, but you sure as hell aren't mentally mature, and you more than likely won't be for a few more years based on statistical averages. Part of why I hate you in the first place was the fact that you sat there and basically said my mental problems didn't exist, and that I could get rid of them instantly. How in the world you're going to try and explain that is a feat I wish to see, because an opinion like that requires a mindset that's not entirely healthy in the first place.

6) You state that I do not care for the community or the server, and that is simply untrue, in the short time i've been on virgo i've enjoyed things quite a bit and got to meet a lot of great people, people that I don't feel like a toxic sociopathic individual like you should be exposed to. For the third time, your permaban was due to your own actions and attitude, not mine. Hell, in fact before I found out your ban was permanent, I was trying to reason with Ace to see if I could try and get you into better standings, but once I found out it was permanent and that there was nothing I could do about such, I simply vented my own personal frustrations with you. You may call it "talking behind your back" But lets not forget that you made an entire discord server to exclude me and a few other individuals that you didn't like, just so you could keep them away from their own friends by dragging mutuals into there and shittalking about them behind their back as well. (Who was it calling who a hypocrite again?)

7) I'm simply going to post a series screenshots of some interactions with you from earlier this year, and that of an individual standing up to you for me the day after you royally fucked with me, just to help others see your true colors, something I would've done earlier had I ACTUALLY been trying to keep you banned.

This is the person you are, and not the person I feel like virgo should be exposed to.
This is me actually putting effort forth because you dragged me into this.
Try to lie your way out, coerce, and blame me now that I've given you a reason.
purplebird

Postby purplebird » Tue Oct 17, 2017 3:48 pm

Let me say further that its completely and utterly disgusting that I had to take time out of my day, come here, and defend myself (including making an account in the first place), just because you immaturely can't accept the fact that you got banned from an ERP server on a 2d space videogame. Grow up. There are other servers. Take yourself and your metagaming pals with you
purplebird

Postby Aces » Tue Oct 17, 2017 3:53 pm

I like how purplebird said almost exactly what I was thinking about pretty much everything relating to this appeal.

Like, I couldn't have put it better.
Aces

Postby Scree » Tue Oct 17, 2017 4:10 pm

anyone who pulls that willpower bullshit about mental issues wrote:it's alright pal you can just walk off that broken leg you're clearly not trying hard enough

I don't particularly give a shit what's going on between the two of you or what your history was before you came here other than saying that this community is not your personal army and to leave that shit at the door.

I have no idea what these draycu screenshots are and I personally don't give a fuck other than you're attempting to throw someone under the bus for reporting something that can be (and was) immediately verified and disregarded. Think about it, if I wanted to form some master conspiracy to get someone banned that I didn't like, do you really think my master plan would be something that could be defeated as easily as flashing an ID? Like, someone would have to be a complete and utter bonehead to pull a plan like that with malicious intent, since it's obvious to anyone with two brain cells to rub together that it wouldn't work. Think about it, you just heaped a massive fucking dramadump on our community over something that didn't inconvenience you in the slightest because you felt somehow "wronged" by them.

Now who's the vindictive one?
Scree

Next

Return to Denied