[luminescentring] lbnesquik - silicon

Moderator: Game Admins

Re: [luminescentring] lbnesquik - silicon

Postby Scree » Sun Oct 08, 2017 9:22 am

There's no silicon policy here because we didn't think it should really be necessary to write up chapter and verse on every possible situation a silicon might encounter for people to try and lawyer their way around the technicalities of "don't play in a way that ruins the game for other players".

I'm going to quote another section from a while back that players gave to us.

[Common] Paris states, "Suit sensooooors."
Mada Tamura presses the lift button.
Paris falls down through the open space!
Paris falls from above and slams into the floor!
[Common] Mada Tamura says, "The medical borgo has falled through the lift."
[Common] Mada Tamura says, "Please stop the lift."
[Common] Paris states, "It was on purpose."
[Common] Mada Tamura says, "Oh."
[Common] Mada Tamura says, "You left the door open."
[Common] Mada Tamura says, "This is very dangerous"
[Common] Paris states, "I would had closed if i could levitate in the air."
[Common] Mada Tamura says, "This is a mortal trap, doggie."
[Common] Paris states, "I actually saw peoples fall from three floors and break nothing."
[Common] Mada Tamura asks, "Are you lawed?"
[Common] Paris states, "This is far from a mortal trap."
[Common] Mada Tamura says, "I've seen lifts crushing people into a pulp."
[Common] Paris states, "It is entierely different to fall onto a lift than to be crushed by one."
[Common] Mada Tamura asks, "Are you lawed?"
[Common] Paris states, "It's like saying metal poles are dangerous because someone was crushed by one during an earthquake."
[Common] Mada Tamura says, "Paris, I made you a question twice."
[Common] Lydia Tompson says, "Mada, assume the borg is lawed."
[Common] Paris states, "I am lawed but i am not obligated to answer questions."

... do you honestly not see a problem with this? A being with the driving goal of "serve and protect the crew" running around blatantly ignoring orders from said crew, creating ways they can be harmed, and coming out with bullshit snooty faux-intelligent "huh huh well ACTUALLY that's like a metal pole IT'S ABSURD TO SUGGEST A METAL POLE IS DANGEROUS DON'T YOU THINK, HMMMMMMMM"

I'm just going to put one thing out here.

There are two things I fucking hate in games. Two things that make me see red more than anything else.

The first is "it's what my character would do!" and variations thereof as excuses to be a cunt.
The second is rules lawyers, arguing the technicalities of what they did as an excuse to why they shouldn't be told off for being a cunt.

You may be able to laywer your way out of having technically breached the letter of the rules, or demand an increasingly complex set of rules with chapter and verse on every situation that exists (for what purpose? So you have a quantified list of ways you're allowed to be an asshole and get away with it?) but you can't lawyer your way out of being an asshole. The only way to get out of being an asshole is to not be an asshole.
Scree

Postby lbnesquik » Sun Oct 08, 2017 1:47 pm

Words

I am not going to deny anything in there. Yes it was shitty thing from a RP and human interaction perspective, both the argumentation in common and using the elevator to go around faster. I acted exactly like a low/no rp cyborg would had and i understand it has no place here. This is why i have stopped abusing the lack of fall damage for cyborgs. I am trying to be a better player and to understand how to properly act. All i can say is that it was my fault and i won't do it again. However, i still find that a silicon permaban remains heavy handed when i followed the orders i was given, i kept myself decently polite for the whole shift and didn't break my laws or the spirit behind them.
lbnesquik

Postby lbnesquik » Sun Oct 08, 2017 1:56 pm

I also didn't miss that this ban is mostly about overall behaviour during my presence on the server rather than just the one related to my last shift.
lbnesquik

Postby nerdass » Sun Oct 08, 2017 11:59 pm

You don't follow the orders you're given.
nerdass

Postby Aces » Mon Oct 09, 2017 12:55 am

Honestly I think I'd be willing to give another chance but I want to see what Luminescent thinks.
Aces

Postby somekindofpony » Mon Oct 09, 2017 12:56 am

I personally don't think he deserves another chance for atleast a month, figuring he's done a lot of poor syntheticing. I'd be open to looking them over again after that long.
somekindofpony

Postby Aces » Mon Oct 09, 2017 1:02 am

Well I guess that I'll mark this Application Denied, then. You may reapply one month after the original post time of this thread.
Aces

Previous

Return to Denied