[luminescentring] lbnesquik - silicon

Moderator: Game Admins

[luminescentring] lbnesquik - silicon

Postby lbnesquik » Thu Oct 05, 2017 5:12 pm

Byond account and character name: lbnesquik - Paris.
Banning admin: luminescentring
Ban type (What are you banned from?): Silicons.
Ban reason: Quote: Consistantly stepping on the toes of their laws, we've had to talk to them too many times. This was their last warning
Ban length: Four days or 5200 minutes.
Approximate time ban was placed (including time zone):23:00 UTC+2
Your side of the story:Well here we go. Here is the setting, me, paris, janihound. I spent some time cleaning what i found but nothing much was being stained due to the low pop of the station. At some point, an engineer messaged me to come to cargo to help them with light tubes. They were setting up a shop in maintenance near cargo when i came. It was a pretty empty shop wihout good structures around. Feeling like this was the most entertaining thing for the next half an hour at least, i decided to help them with their goal, fetching some lockers and other unusual items like figuring to set them up.
As i was in maintenance, radio started getting active with the engineer/shopkeeper were getting arrested. Not wanting to interrupt and being pretty far from the sixth floor, i ignored until they started to stutter on radio. In the brig, i got to see they were in possesion on a dart gun and also resisted arrest. This convinced me that the arrest was legitimate, if 'not fun' for the round, gimmicks like shop seller being nice crew made events.
After some time, i went back to the 'crime' scene to see what was left. In there, some of the shopkeeper gear remained, i decided to assist them with moving their shop somewhere less exposed when the hos suddenly came in. Followed was some arguing about 'crime scene tampering' and me eating some gear. I spat out everything as per order. This lead to the hos calling on radio for robotics help to fix a 'defective' cyborg.
My understanding is that, given that i didn't take the time to dispose of all of the items i ate while maintenance diving, including the drugs for disposals, they figured that i was 'hiding' contrabrand from them. I didn't bother to correct the hos due to their altitude being hostile from the start of our interactions and complied with their order to follow them to robotics. There, i stated my standard laws and confirmed i wasn't acting out of my laws given that i was never ordered not to eat unrelated items in a now old crime scene while complying to all orders given by the head of security.
After this passage in robotics, i went out to get back to work after a discussion with a scientifist on the previous events. Some time later, the CE monica started to update my laws and access my internal camera. This was slightly annoying given they clouded my screen by updating my laws multiple times, to which is asked in radio about, trying to hint that my chat screen was being clouded by all of this text. As an answer, the head of security informed me that they were acting upon Centcom orders and warned me of getting 'destroyed if your problems persist.'. I stated on radio how i felt about the head of security altitude and monica way of handling my laws reset.
To this, the hos said:As per central command's orders, I would like anyone to have seen Paris to immediately report its location to me.
I still don't understand the meaning of this request except that it made it look like the hos believed me rogue. After some walking around, expecting to be able to deal with the commander issues with me that i postponed due to Grubs being aboard of the station, the admin Luminescent Ring send me this PM before banning me from silicons permanently and from the server for four days: [GameAdmin PM] Luminescent Ring: You've been warned time after time for acting out as a cyborg.

Why you think you should be unbanned: For one thing, i didn't bring a single one of my laws. I didn't hurt any of the crew, i didn't seek confrontation with the head of security themselves. I didn't disobey any of the orders i've been given by everyone including the head of security. Space law doesn't apply to cyborgs. Only server and silicon laws are relevant to their behaviors. I find that the head of security was overly agressive for almost no reason during the whole shift. For example, they basically kicked me out of the security departemnt on our first interaction when i wandered in to clean. I don't see any reason for them to request that. The other main issue being that the whole head of security annoyance with me interacting with their 'crime scene' isn't my fault. There wasn't any order to not enter, no orders to not eat anything in the shopseller locker, nothing. I was perfectly in my rights to come here and eat things. It wouldn't even be relevant to a "don't be a dick" rule given i wanted to give this to the shopowner to help them set up a new shop somewhere in maintenance. While i did carry contrabrand inside of me, i just didn't take the time to drop it at security. As far as i can remember, i didn't carry anything that is weapon like either. Only narcotics for disposal.
I believe that none of laws were broken nor any of the server rules. If i did break any of thoses, i'd like some more detailled information about it. On the first and only PM by the admin, i responded that this situation was just a misunderstanding that got out of hand between me and the head of security but they didn't answer back before banning me. I would think that doing a little investigation work wouldn't hurt in getting a good understanding happened. Maybe they actually asked everyone else but me and looked precisely at what happened precisely.
In fact, i find that this particular admin to have been quite unfriendly in all of my interactions with them. From the wording of their PM's to things like refusing to tell me my notes and apparently telling trial admin not to inform me of them. This sort of things realy make for a bad ambience, i didn't learn anything from all of the times i talked to them. If i were to get unbanned right now, or if the job ban was a more temporary one, i would go back onto the server and act pretty much in the same despite receiving a ban.
More detailled answers on why exactly i was banned, what does my notes history consist of and info on the possibility to get unbanned would be strongly appreciated.
lbnesquik

Re: [luminescentring] lbnesquik - silicon

Postby somekindofpony » Thu Oct 05, 2017 7:52 pm

Right, let's get started with this.

For one thing, i didn't bring a single one of my laws. I didn't hurt any of the crew, i didn't seek confrontation with the head of security themselves. I didn't disobey any of the orders i've been given by everyone including the head of security. Space law doesn't apply to cyborgs. Only server and silicon laws are relevant to their behaviors.

False, you must serve the crew. That means follow their orders. You've been ignoring what they say, even in your story.

I find that the head of security was overly agressive for almost no reason during the whole shift. For example, they basically kicked me out of the security departemnt on our first interaction when i wandered in to clean. I don't see any reason for them to request that. The other main issue being that the whole head of security annoyance with me interacting with their 'crime scene' isn't my fault. There wasn't any order to not enter, no orders to not eat anything in the shopseller locker, nothing. I was perfectly in my rights to come here and eat things.

The head of security has every right to tell you to leave their department if they don't want a random cyborg in there. Especially if you're going to go and 'eat things'. And that lack of order not to enter? They told you to leave, that's their order.

I believe that none of laws were broken nor any of the server rules.

Also false, as I said above, you serve the crew. You have a habit of not doing that. There's a ton of instances on your notes which I'll now be posting since they've become relevant.

If i were to get unbanned right now, or if the job ban was a more temporary one, i would go back onto the server and act pretty much in the same despite receiving a ban.

This would result in you becoming banned once more, possibly permanently. Now, here are the logs, with admins who aren't me name's censored.

Started a vote at the end of a round to 'experiment and see if they had permission.' Told them never to do it again. by Luminescent Ring (GameAdmin) on Tue, September 12th of 2017 Remove

Touching engine settings as JANIBORG when there were 4 engineers on site. Stomping a scene as Janiborg because "Must follow my laws to protect the crew" Thinks because he is a borg with all access he is allowed to do as he wishes. I talked to them hopefully they learned something by ______ on Wed, September 20th of 2017

Interfered with security and medical staff as they tried to deal with a troublemaker, even disabling the security bot that was making an arrest. by ________ on Sun, September 24th of 2017

Told him not to tell people to "Shut the fuck up!" as a borg. Violation of laws. by _____ on Wed, September 27th of 2017

Played another edgy borg which was an over the top hostile asshole to crew, gave a final warning. by Luminescent Ring (GameAdmin) on Fri, September 29th of 2017 Remove

Also had to remind them... again... that being a borg doesn't mean you should get in the way of borgs and bots ACTUALLY ASSIGNED TO SECURITY. Further issues should result in harsher penalties. by ______ on Sun, October 1st of 2017

So, as you can see, there's been a lot of incidents that lead up to this. The only reason you believe me to be hostile to you is because the only times I've talked to you are when you've messed up. You'd become frustrated as well if someone kept on having complaints against them and having to constantly talk to them about it.
somekindofpony

Postby Scree » Thu Oct 05, 2017 7:58 pm

lbnesquik wrote:If i were to get unbanned right now, or if the job ban was a more temporary one, i would go back onto the server and act pretty much in the same despite receiving a ban.

Then you've learned nothing. I'm sorely tempted to deny this ban right now if that's your honest answer.
Scree

Postby nerdass » Fri Oct 06, 2017 3:58 pm

Scree wrote:
lbnesquik wrote:If i were to get unbanned right now, or if the job ban was a more temporary one, i would go back onto the server and act pretty much in the same despite receiving a ban.

Then you've learned nothing. I'm sorely tempted to deny this ban right now if that's your honest answer.

I agree with scree on that.
nerdass

Postby lbnesquik » Sat Oct 07, 2017 6:44 am

nerdass wrote:
Scree wrote:

I agree with scree on that.

The meaning of this was "If no one tell me clearly what i did wrong and how i should had acted, the ban won't help me become a better player."

For one thing, i didn't bring a single one of my laws. I didn't hurt any of the crew, i didn't seek confrontation with the head of security themselves. I didn't disobey any of the orders i've been given by everyone including the head of security. Space law doesn't apply to cyborgs. Only server and silicon laws are relevant to their behaviours.

False, you must serve the crew. That means follow their orders. You've been ignoring what they say, even in your story.

I probably didn't express myself well. The head of security was upset at me being present in a former crime scene, the shop area where an engineer apparently traded a dartgun to a teshari.When i was ordered to spit everything i was carrying, i did so. The order to leave the brig was executed, the order to spit out everything i ate was executed. None of the head of security orders weren't executed, their main reason to call me rogue was, if i understood their perspective correctly, that i ate some of the items found in the crime scene which was at least 10 minutes old at this moment, any sensitive items in there should had been secured at this point. Turn out there was a couple of anabolic steroids and drugs syringes. I ate thoses to give them to security when the head of security came in and figured i was disposing of evidence. They ordered to spit out everything i had inside after what they deemed me malfunctioning and brought me to robotics for 'fixing'. Later in the shift, the CE updated my laws which spammed me gameplay wise. I complained of this as best as i could in IC after which i received a single admin pm before getting banned. When there is no orders relevant to drugs and no organics nearby, is it not okay for a janihound to eat thoses with the intent of giving them to security?

The head of security has every right to tell you to leave their department if they don't want a random cyborg in there. Especially if you're going to go and 'eat things'. And that lack of order not to enter? They told you to leave, that's their order.

Yup. He has the rights to, this is why i left. I didn't go and eat the armoury or anything like that, if you were thinking this. The lack of orders not to enter was relevant to the shop, not the brig. I didn't go into the brig for cleaning after they told me to leave.

I believe that none of laws were broken nor any of the server rules.

Also false, as I said above, you serve the crew. You have a habit of not doing that.

While i did commit cyborg specific infractions, i have tried to act in accordance more to the rules, i've dropped the other cyborg gimmick and tried to avoid scene stomping by sticking to public areas. Same thing for doing the job of others departments. I've told more than one person i couldn't give them body scans as service cyborgs since i have a received a relevant PM.

I have to mention that while the notes don't lie, i fail to see how
Told him not to tell people to "Shut the fuck up!" as a borg
is a law violation. It is a rule violation but not a silicon law violation, unless if there is an equivalent for the silicon policy of others servers
I also find that there is not a lot of guidance for how to properly act as a silicon on the server except that they should follow their laws. https://tgstation13.org/wiki/Silicon_Policy#Silicon_.28and_Drone.21.29_Policy

Then you've learned nothing.

While i learned some things on how HRP silicons should behave, there is still a large grey area on for specific cases. This grey area is what i would like to know how to react to properly.
lbnesquik

Postby lbnesquik » Sat Oct 07, 2017 7:03 am

I think most of this shift issues could probably have been dealt with by having me and the hos talking for five minutes, they had requested for someone to bring me to the brig, probably for the next page regarding the whole problem but the hammer dropped before it could happen.
lbnesquik

Postby lbnesquik » Sat Oct 07, 2017 11:38 am

I do hope you aren't getting an impression that i do not want to change the way i act in this appeal. It's just that i feel like most of the issue here is a serie of misunderstandings and not a clear cut malicious rule break that led to my presence on this forum
lbnesquik

Postby somekindofpony » Sat Oct 07, 2017 2:05 pm

Unfortunately, as it stands, I'm not adjusting my opinion on the ban any time soon.
somekindofpony

Postby Scree » Sat Oct 07, 2017 2:06 pm

why the fuck are you quoting tgstation silicon policy

in case you haven't noticed, this is not tgstation
Scree

Postby lbnesquik » Sat Oct 07, 2017 4:59 pm

why the fuck are you quoting tgstation silicon policy

in case you haven't noticed, this is not tgstation

I didn't quote silicon policy as a reference on how to act here or even quote it at all. I meant there is nothing like the silicon policy, that is, a detailed page on how silicons should behave. That's it.

Unfortunately, as it stands, I'm not adjusting my opinion on the ban any time soon.

Were you inclined to changing before this appeal? If yes, i'd like to know what is your problem with it. If it's my altitude or argumentation on this forum or something else.
lbnesquik

Next

Return to Denied