[Unknown] BottleOfFur - discord ban

Postby LtFuzz » Thu May 19, 2022 6:07 pm

Byond account and character name: BottleOfFur/Kassandra Tavren
Discord ID (if applicable): Momma Fuzzy#0001
Banning admin: No idea
Ban type (What are you banned from?): Discord
Ban reason given: None
Ban length: Permanent, I'd imagine
Approximate date that the ban was placed (including time zone): Unsure about the exact timing
Your side of the story: Was talking with a few folks in the lobby about RimWorld when I got banned out of the blue.
Why you think you should be unbanned: Not only was there a mod mail that I was currently waiting on a response to, but I was unable to find this 'policy' on bans from the server mirroring to the discord. There was no warning, mention or anything of the sort. Just a completely random ban from the discord server. I don't have any admins as friends or mutuals on discord, so I'm unable to ask directly what happened, but from my perspective the ban was just delivered with no prior warning or anything of the sort.
LtFuzz

Re: [Unknown] BottleOfFur - discord ban

Postby Slingblade » Thu May 19, 2022 6:28 pm

You were banned from the server. Staff policy is that you are also banned from the discord. In order to appeal a discord ban, you must appeal the SS13 server ban. The discord serves the SS13 server, not the other way around. If you wish to appeal the server ban and thus gain access to the discord, please fill out an appropriate appeal for the server ban.

Thanks.
Slingblade

Postby LtFuzz » Thu May 19, 2022 6:38 pm

I appreciate the response, though I have yet to see this policy documented anywhere either on the discord server or in the virgo rules itself. I'd at the very least expect the modmail ticket to be resolved beforehand as well.
LtFuzz

Postby Slingblade » Thu May 19, 2022 7:29 pm

The policy is what we enforce. We are not a legal justice system and are under no requirement to have every single aspect of server management codified. Considering that the discord is understood to be in support of the SS13 server, as the skype was in the past, a ban from the SS13 server results in a ban from the discord. As your proxy likely already explained to you, we do not wish to have vindictive reactions impact the discord when someone is banned from the server, and are thusly banned from the discord in conjunction with the SS13 ban. Additionally, you posted "Is the permanent ban going to stick because of this?", to which the answer to this is obvious. It will stick until you appeal, and it is decided that you are to be unbanned. Please appeal the SS13 server ban if you wish to have access to the discord again, should your ban be lifted.
Slingblade

Return to Denied