[verysoft] bottleoffur - validhunting somebody, LRP behavior

Moderator: Game Admins

[verysoft] bottleoffur - validhunting somebody, LRP behavior

Postby LtFuzz » Fri Jan 07, 2022 8:40 pm

Byond account and character name: bottleoffur - Kassandra Tavren
Discord ID (if applicable): Momma Fuzzy#0001
Banning admin: VerySoft
Ban type (What are you banned from?): Server and Discord
Ban reason given: Valid hunted one person on one shift for next to no reason, and got all horny over security discipline and subsequent beating when they were making a mess, in violation of the rules to do with area by area consent and sane and believable characters. When confronted about this said 'Not really, I'm just kind of tired pretending that this server has decent moderation, so I decided to have a bit of fun.' so, clearly aren't here to play seriously.
Ban length: Permanent
Approximate date that the ban was placed (including time zone): 2021-10-30 19:31:51, GMT-8
Your side of the story: It's been several months since the occurrence, I've had time to calm down and think about what I've done. Although, with this time, came a fuzzier recollection of the entirety of events that had unfolded, I remember enough of it to still feel guilty for my actions. What sparked these events was mostly the fact that a few rounds prior, me and the rest of the exploration team were on Virgo 2? And when succumbing to a spider mauling, I was being rescued by a teammate and taken out of the cavern. We made a wrong turn and ended up in a dead end portion of the cave system where several slugcats were. They in turn drew bows and spears and attacked us with no discernible forewarning other than speech in their own language. I was killed and my teammate was heavily injured, though both of us were brought back to medical eventually. This seemingly random act of aggression had frustrated me both OOCly and ICly and made me feel like the staff weren't actively caring for and enforcing the HRP standards of the server, not to mention that said slugcats soon boarded the ship via the gateway and were doing meta things such as dabbing, flossing and the like, interacting with the crew in ways that felt LRP. I decided to be unreasonable and fast-forward a couple rounds, I stopped caring about the rules due to this. I had even created an admin ticket about the prior issue to no avail, further reinforcing the mindset that the admins weren't interested in keeping up the standards that were supposedly so important here. Following my lack of acknowledgement for the rules, I proceeded to do several LRP things that shift, some of which I can't remember, I.E, validhunting somebody. I distinctly remember smashing a window, getting in a brawl with security over this, and doing perverse and stupid things whilst being dragged and beaten.
Why you think you should be unbanned: I had and still have a lot of friends on the server, some of which I actively keep in contact with. This and the whole 'new year, new me' thing drove me to make this appeal. I sorely miss hanging out with the folks that enjoyed my company and the many things that the server itself had to offer. I understand that these are weak reasons to warrant an unban and I understand completely if this is denied, I merely wish to show that I've felt genuine regret over my actions and that I've changed in the time of my ban and that I'm capable of living up to the HRP environment here.
LtFuzz

Re: [verysoft] bottleoffur - validhunting somebody, LRP beha

Postby Scree » Sat Jan 08, 2022 3:01 am

so for reference, since you don't like the moderation here, is this the sort of thing you consider decent moderation?

Considering this was posted a little over a week ago I guess we can forget about a vouch for behaving on other servers and I'm skeptical that you'll be a good fit among the people that actually like being here.
Scree

Postby LtFuzz » Sat Jan 08, 2022 3:19 am

Scree wrote:so for reference, since you don't like the moderation here, is this the sort of thing you consider decent moderation?

Considering this was posted a little over a week ago I guess we can forget about a vouch for behaving on other servers and I'm skeptical that you'll be a good fit among the people that actually like being here.

Splurt has its drama. I have little to no problem with the moderation here anymore, seeing as standards were reinforced after I had been banned. If you don't want to unban me because of something I said on another server that actively allows and encourages that kind of vocabulary, feel free to. I have no intention of repeating those words here, nor will I ever.
LtFuzz

Postby VerySoft » Sat Jan 08, 2022 1:45 pm

I appreciate the appeal and can understand your regret, however, your appeal does not speak well enough to a commitment to change and fit in, and, the above reddit post from 9 days ago, tells a story of someone we would not tolerate in our community. That is very fresh.

I am not willing to give you a second chance at this time. Denied.
VerySoft

Return to Denied