[DemicusMaximus] Thranos - QC Ban

Moderator: Game Admins

[DemicusMaximus] Thranos - QC Ban

Postby Thranos » Thu Dec 03, 2020 3:22 pm

Byond account and character name: Thranos | Lindsay Sommers + Others

Discord ID (if applicable): Thranos#1789

Banning admin: DemicusMaximus

Ban type (What are you banned from?): Global QC ban (Server/Discord)

Ban reason given: You, or another user of this computer or connection (thranos) is banned from playing here. The ban reason is: (MANUAL BAN) Quality Control banned by the decision of twelve staff members (6 abstained) to be not fit to play on the server or engage with the community. Common complaints are excessively agressive behavior, antagonistic behavior in chats, exceedingly rude behavior towards members of staff including the use of racial and/or other derogatory phrases.

Ban length: Perma

Approximate date that the ban was placed (including time zone): 2020-06-30 0428:26

Your side of the story: The only part of this I really contest is "racial and/or other derogatory phrases". Beyond that, however, I have to agree with the ban given to me as accurate and warranted at the time.

Why you think you should be unbanned: I unfortunately let myself slip into old, bad habits, generally (but not always) with people that I already don't have a good history with (I.E. Leigh, who I went after in Discord (despite multiple warnings from staff to cool it) in the incident that prompted the QC ban as a whole). I wasn't cognizant of how I had essentially "fallen off the wagon" and slipped back into frankly shitty, antagonistic, and self-destructive behaviours, and for that I apologize. I dragged drama into the discord, ignored staff, and made some pretty nasty remarks towards people. Rather than jump right on and try to appeal, I've taken a few months to try to reassess a lot of things, and most importantly just calm the hell down. I've asked a number of unbiased parties if I had been doing better, just to be sure I wasn't self-biasing my attempts to get into a better mindset.

I know full well that I don't have the best track record for this, and while I can point to how my worst periods are set off by extremely stressful times in my life, it doesn't excuse it, and I'm aware of this. All I can ask for is for this ban to be reconsidered- at the very least, the ban from the SS13 server itself, as the vast majority of things that I had been pointed to or thought of in regards to the QC actionable behaviour occurred in the Discord, not the SS13 server. I miss interacting with the community, despite how my (over)reactions to a handful of people in it may have suggested otherwise. I have waited to make this appeal until I thought I was at a state where I wouldn't cause it harm if allowed back in, because that is, in effect, what I was doing, and for that I apologize.
Thranos

Re: [DemicusMaximus] Thranos - QC Ban

Postby Kenzie » Sat Dec 05, 2020 10:27 pm

honestly this is a pretty good appeal, if you hadn't been permabanned a couple of times already I would probably support this

for now neutral tho, I am not entirely convinced, you were pretty bad pretty frequently, although admittedly you would probably be less problematic only on the server itself
Kenzie

Postby nerdass » Sun Dec 06, 2020 2:34 am

are you sure this place is healthy for you?
nerdass

Postby Mr_Signmeup » Mon Dec 07, 2020 7:42 pm

With the track record, it's hard to keep letting you back in time and time again for you to slip back into old habits. At this time, I don't think it is best for you to return to the community. No support.
Reshskaskakss Seekiseekis: Chief of Security
Mr_Signmeup

Postby Demicus_Maximus » Tue Dec 15, 2020 3:05 am

No.
Demicus_Maximus

Postby Demicus_Maximus » Fri Dec 25, 2020 3:01 am

I guess I should elaborate more than just a flat "No."

You've been banned or perma-banned more than anyone, to my knowledge. You've had so many chances. There are only so many time we can 'permaban' you till it becomes clear that you're just not going to work out for us. And this is my limit. I absolutely can not endorse your return.
Demicus_Maximus

Postby PontifexMinimus » Sat Jan 02, 2021 8:12 am

I forgot to close and deny this since Thranos himself didn't want to further go along with it.

Denied.
PontifexMinimus

Return to Denied