[NerdAss] FartMaster69 - Xenobio Job Ban

Moderator: Game Admins

[NerdAss] FartMaster69 - Xenobio Job Ban

Postby FartMaster69 » Sat Jul 31, 2021 3:27 pm

Byond account and character name: FartMaster69 / Putrid Requiem

Banning admin: NerdAss

Ban type (What are you banned from?):Job Ban from Xenobio

Ban reason given: Switching to Talon to preform ghetto xenobio after being fired from the station, having several instances (three I think?) of amber slime outbreaks

Ban length: Permanent

Approximate date that the ban was placed (including time zone): Not 100% sure, but I think it was February Seventh, 2021.

Your side of the story: I'll be honest, I was pretty annoyed at the time as it felt like I was getting fired for encountering a bug. (This was back when amber slimes were broken as fuck) I didn't think it would've been much of an issue as I was unaware that IC firings had some OOC rules around them (May not have broken the letter of the rules, but certainly the spirit). The stunt was mostly done as a gimmick, but as was stated in ahelps, it did have potential to fuck up the Talon for other players for the rest of the round.

In my defense, I took two steps to avoid just taking over Talon entirely. The first, I joined specifically as the Talon Doctor, not captain. So that if someone wanted to actually play Talon they could order me to stop bullshitting around (And I did know enough medical to actually be useful). The Second was the fact I did this with less than an hour in the round and nobody else playing Talon all shift. That's not to say it was okay to do, just that was my thought process at the time.

As for the amber slime outbreaks, none of those had been done intentionally is the best 'defense' to give. Pretty much each time it happened after the first was me thinking 'oh this time I know what i did wrong'. The outbreak that shift was honestly the fastest I'd seen, it went out of control literally on the first feeding of a single amber. That shift I had been breeding ambers to grind and use as feeding potions to speed up my xenobio work, which in retrospect was a huge fucking mistake given the issue I knew existed.

Why you think you should be unbanned:

Well, I understand the seriousness of using secondary jobs to skirt around firings and such now.

I certainly know better than to risk ruining the round for others by working razor edge close to known bugs that will do just that.
FartMaster69

Re: [NerdAss] FartMaster69 - Xenobio Job Ban

Postby Demicus_Maximus » Wed Aug 04, 2021 12:58 pm

Sounds good. Approved.
Demicus_Maximus

Return to Approved