Tonyvld QC Ban

Moderator: Game Admins

Re: Tonyvld QC Ban

Postby Mr_Signmeup » Tue Jun 08, 2021 6:42 pm

I'm in the same boat as the other admins. Returning with the reputation you have would not be an enjoyable experience for you. Most members know about the infamous incident and most likely, they'll avoid you. Not out of maliciousness but; "Oooh, it's that guy... Eeeh, oooh. Better not take the risk."

I rather be ensured you'll have a good time if you return to the community but I have severe doubts about it. I prefer to spare you from the grisly experience of social ostracism

No support
Reshskaskakss Seekiseekis: Chief of Security
Mr_Signmeup

Postby tonyvld » Sun Jun 13, 2021 3:48 am

Thank you Mr_Signmeup, quite honestly it was how I read Nerd's response as well, it's not that he's against my return, but like you, would rather me return at such a time when people either forget about the incident or let it go, and believes it's going to be one of those things that will be on my reputation forever and cause a fair bit of people either discomfort or just straight up cringe and avoid me altogether and I understand that and I appreciate that you guys are just looking out for my better interest. I understand it's going to be a long up hill climb as well, I figured for the most part, people will kinda just stand off to the side and let me do my own thing and avoid me out of not wanting to risk a creepy interaction. But I still would like to try, I know it's going to be a good while before things ever get better, but I have changed and I know once people do see I'm not the same person that did all the shit I've done in the past, that things will finally get to a moving on point. I know it'll take a long time before such a time comes about, but as the old saying goes "Rome wasn't built in a day." so I'm aware my welcome back isn't going to be a warm one, but I'm ready to face it. You can destroy someone's faith in you in a millisecond and it can take a long time to rebuild that faith and trust. And as a changed person, I'm ready to start rebuilding that trust and faith. I know it looks bad, and I'm aware you guys are trying to let me know I'm pretty much going to have a rough go of it. But when someone has done alot of bad, and then take time to self reflect on their actions and how they've been, and change for the better, everyone will be skeptical at first, but over time most will come around to the fact the person did in fact change. Now I'm no fool, and I know it's not gonna be all butterflies and rainbows, I know that some are not going to believe I've changed no matter what they see or hear, and I'm also aware that some will even acknowledge the change to a better person, but will still choose to avoid me due to all the things I've done, things like that are to be expected when you've been a total dickwad like I was.
tonyvld

Postby Mr_Signmeup » Mon Jun 14, 2021 8:00 am

Mr_Signmeup wrote:I'm in the same boat as the other admins. Returning with the reputation you have would not be an enjoyable experience for you. Most members know about the infamous incident and most likely, they'll avoid you. Not out of maliciousness but; "Oooh, it's that guy... Eeeh, oooh. Better not take the risk."

I rather be ensured you'll have a good time if you return to the community but I have severe doubts about it. I prefer to spare you from the grisly experience of social ostracism

No support

Unfortunately, I've retired from staff. However, if this will still be taken into consideration. I'd change my vote to support. He's convinced me that, yes. He should be allowed to redeem himself. It has been a long time since the incident and should be given that chance to prove himself. He knows that it'll be hard task but if he's willing to put in the effort. Let him.
Reshskaskakss Seekiseekis: Chief of Security
Mr_Signmeup

Postby VerySoft » Sun Jun 27, 2021 3:07 pm

It's been a long time, and your words give me the impression that you know what you did wrong.
I believe you have the keys that you need to have the capacity to change, so I support giving you another shot.
VerySoft

Postby tonyvld » Sun Jul 18, 2021 4:38 pm

Thank you all for your kind words, and thank you all for taking the time to read my appeal and hear me out. It means alot, and I hope to see you all server side. Sorry for the late response, work has been keeping me a bit busier than usual, and like I was saying, my work schedule in and of itself is pretty weird. Anyways, I digress, just wanted to give a thank you to all of you and let you know I appreciate your input, kind words and for looking out for me in general.
tonyvld

Postby JoanRisu » Thu Jul 29, 2021 11:51 am

I'll lend my own Support with this, though I do so knowing that it's going to take some work and patience getting the reputation you've been carrying around off your back. My support is based on the question, "how can you work on that reputation without being given the opportunity to demonstrate the change necessary to repair said reputation?"
JoanRisu

Postby tonyvld » Mon Aug 02, 2021 5:26 am

Honestly Joan, the only way to work on a reputation, is to just start with yourself. Make changes, adjustments and try your best to make the better choice. For example, if someone is upsetting you, and normally you'd tell them in not so colorful words where to go. Just don't do it and walk away calmly. And if it's really bothering you, well just talk to your friends about it, no matter who you are sometimes you do need to vent a little just don't let it blind you to the better option of just stepping away, because bad situations only get worse if you let your temper get the better of you. Because it's also possible, you may have inadvertently upset this person and might not even be aware that you have. Your reputation begins with how you carry yourself in day to day life and how you react to certain situations. And if you continue carrying yourself in a certain way, then the reputation will soon follow, with or without you even noticing. Reputation is literally all up to you, what you do and how you do it. So, working on mine, I've been doing it for awhile, just following a certain, and pretty common mindset. Just take each situation, carefully. Look at my options in each one, try to determine the best course of action, if I can't, then I will reach out for help or guidance, there's nothing wrong with that. But also, some cases just call for basic common sense, such as in the situation where you meet someone for the first time, it doesn't mean you two are best of friends just because one RP went rather well or was fun. Just means you had fun. Now if that keeps happening, and you two are constantly around one another and having fun for quite some time, then it can be somewhat safe to assume a small friendship at this point. So, I've been doing what I can with my reputation, just by working on myself as a person. And, I'll admit, I wouldn't exactly know how to prove it to you or the staff team, without given the chance to show it. But, that's alright, I've changed for the better, and to me that is what matters the most. And I do apologize if I have misunderstood the question, and I'll admit, it did confuse me a bit at first, and how I understood it was 'You do have a bad reputation, but, how can you work on it without being given a chance to show the results?' and so, I just decided to tell how I changed in how I approached things, and where I started, which was with myself as a person.
tonyvld

Postby Scree » Mon Aug 02, 2021 5:29 am

Have you been playing anywhere else in the meantime that would vouch for you?
Scree

Postby tonyvld » Mon Aug 02, 2021 2:17 pm

Yes I do Scree, I have an admin from chomps that can vouch for me, their name is Cyrus. Their discord is Arcacelius#5886 they go by the name Cyrus.
tonyvld

Postby Scree » Mon Aug 02, 2021 3:44 pm

Checked with chompers, they say you've been keeping your nose clean for a decent while.
Scree

PreviousNext

Return to Approved