[nerdass] Nevis - "Quality Control / Rule 6"

Postby Nevis » Sun Feb 07, 2021 9:10 pm

Byond account and character name: Nevis

Discord ID (if applicable): Delly#6969

Banning admin: nerdass I believe

Ban type (What are you banned from?): Server/Discord

Ban reason given: "Quality Control / Rule 6"

Ban length: Permanent

Approximate date that the ban was placed (including time zone): Feb 24, 2019 at 4:00AM PST according to my last appeal.

Your side of the story:
I will attempt to keep this from devolving into a 5 page novel of an appeal. I do not personally feel that I was given a proper opportunity to explain what happened 2 years ago.

I believe I was originally banned for mere association with some toxic individuals from Second Life, and not for any accused actions made by me. I was affiliated briefly with a group on SL that was being actively hostile towards another member of SL, this member was not affiliated with or played with Virgo but was close friends with someone who did that I also knew on a somewhat personal level named Sari/Saveloy who may have also been a target of said individuals. I still speak with Sari and we are on friendly terms at the moment. I am unsure if Sari still is active within the Virgo community at all since he said he stopped playing SS13 altogether.

I bring this up as a background because at the time of my ban I believe Sari recognized me within the Virgo server and brought it up to one of the admins "K't" who proceeded to DM me on discord. Sari and I at the time were NOT on good terms due to my aforementioned affiliations. The logs I had with K't are still saved on my original ban appeal but I will repost them here (https://imgur.com/a/J7LcepU).

I was banned from the Virgo Discord and server accordingly by K't presumably and I made an appeal on the forums previously (viewtopic.php?f=38&t=1513&p=10076#p10076). My appeal was quickly shot down and the thread was locked. Scree I believe made a non-direct quote about something K't said, but attributed it to me I believe at least according to his wording (Namely this post: https://i.imgur.com/3XeMcpc.png), but it was so long ago I don't remember the exact context. In the same post I was accused of Doxxing and/or swatting as well as posting the server userlist elsewhere, things I had never, nor ever dream about doing. I have never seen a reason to dox and or swatt people as that's fucking stupid. Posting the server list would have been self destructive to myself as well because I was active in the community and would have been thoroughly embarrassed. Ace replied saying I broke rule 6 and that I was swatting as well.
To reiterate, I have never engaged in that kind of behavior. I do not know what kind of evidence could have been brought up against me since I was so far detached from that level of autism.

4 months later I was in contact with Sari who reaffirmed me that I was blamed for the actions of a different individual that was in the group I had previously been affiliated with. This individual was trying to smear Sari by posting their art commissions and donation logs to the server. (https://i.imgur.com/i1G8zQR.png, https://i.imgur.com/oPUHfS6.png).
So in summary, I was blamed for the actions of another because of association, or bad relationships at the time.

Why you think you should be unbanned:
I believe I was banned out of a mass panic for something that I got caught up in. At least that's how it seems to me. My past record with Virgo is spotless and that was my first alleged offense and it's not something entirely 100% related to the server unless it was for a security concern.
I would like to personally apologize if I caused any drama here. I try and avoid that as much as possible now.
I have cut off ties with the aforementioned toxic group close to almost 2 years ago now. I am hardly even active in that part of SL to begin with anymore. The individuals I was accused of acting against I am friends with.
I personally do not feel that I will, now or ever, pose a threat to the Virgo community at large.
I will accept whatever judgement the admins feel is necessary going forward, but I would like to be a member of the community again.
Nevis

Re: [nerdass] Nevis - "Quality Control / Rule 6"

Postby Scree » Mon Feb 08, 2021 3:20 am

K't's post that you said was him threatening you was, in fact, a rewording of the message you sent to your SL group.

We also have screens of your discord making fun of our members because y'all found them in our memberlist.
I don't even remember who this dude is you were going after, but in one of the messages someone asked "is there any proof of that", and your response was simply "he's not actually denied it".

Why the fuck would I want someone around who goes around spreading those sorts of accusations against people like that?
Do you have any idea the sort of damage those sorts of rumours can do? Precisely because fucking idiots hear "this guy's a pedo" with no evidence and then repeat it?

If nothing else this whole thing is proof enough that second life is fucking cancer. Then again, if this is the norm for the shit that goes on in this group then I can understand you being a carcinogenic dumbass, kinda like how I can understand 4chan refugees being baffled and confused when they set foot outside an imageboard and realise that the rest of the planet don't consider 4chan to be a good metric for rational human behaviour.

'cause this is why we ban doxers and swatters regardless of whether they actually doxed or swatted anyone in our community - whether or not you've done it to one of us is irrelevant, the fact that this is the kind of thing you do makes you a danger to our users. I don't want anyone to have to worry about having an IC disagreement over a fucking job slot or some shit and wake up the next day to find people saying they touch kids.
Scree

Postby Nevis » Mon Feb 08, 2021 3:34 am

Ok that makes a lot more sense regarding K't's post. I apologize for forgetting about that.

I would like to assure you that while I did have a huge issue a couple years ago with Ryo, it was misguided and misinformed anger, and I NEVER have partaken in doxxing or otherwise irl attacks. This was arguably the only person I was this stinky to and it was a huge mistake on my part and I am willing to accept that and make amends where needed.

I have since apologized to him mid 2019 once I realized how fucking toxic the group I was with was being and we have since grown into close friends to this day, I can provide any sort of proof that you want on that regard.

Code: Select all
[2019/06/04 18:16]  Delly (deli.nayar): Hello Ryo
[2019/06/04 18:17]  Delly (deli.nayar): I'm bored of this animosity between us
[2019/06/04 18:17]  Delly (deli.nayar): Sorry for being mean.
[2019/06/04 18:19]  Dax's Ryo (ryokotensaki): okay
[2019/06/04 18:19]  Dax's Ryo (ryokotensaki): I'm not going to be super friendly still, but I'm also not going to be hostile if you aren't going to be hostile, so it'll basically just be us existing
[2019/06/04 18:20]  Delly (deli.nayar): Ok
[2019/06/04 18:22]  Delly (deli.nayar): I didn't expect anything more tbh. I just want to put an end to the bs.
[2019/06/04 18:23]  Dax's Ryo (ryokotensaki): Thats fine really, generally unless someone starts hostilities with me I just don't really pay attention to them anyway so if you aren't doing anything I'm perfectly happy with not having animosity between us
[2019/06/04 18:24]  Delly (deli.nayar): That's good. A lot of my hostility came from old shit that I don't really care about anymore, from people who I don't really carea bout anymore, namely Centric and Kacen
[2019/06/04 18:24]  Delly (deli.nayar): So, sorry for perpetuating It I suppose.
[2019/06/04 18:24]  Dax's Ryo (ryokotensaki): I could tell where it came from tbh, and yeah don't worry about it then
[2019/06/04 18:24]  Delly (deli.nayar): Sounds good.
[2019/06/04 18:31]  Delly (deli.nayar): Anyways, hmu if you ever wanna bounce ideas or whatever.
[2019/06/04 18:31]  Dax's Ryo (ryokotensaki): alright

I agree, SL's community can be pure dogshit. As I stated, I am very inactive from it these days, the most I will do is log in briefly to create something these days.

I would like to find some way to convince you that I am not at all involved in any kind of doxxing or other malicious behavior as I have never done that before.
Nevis

Postby PontifexMinimus » Mon Feb 08, 2021 3:41 am

Cheers, I will pass on this one.

I'm not interested in dredging up more drama whenever you feel like someone needs to be punished or made fun of. Like, get a hobby. Woodcarving is pretty nice.
PontifexMinimus

Postby Scree » Mon Feb 08, 2021 3:42 am

Oh and right after kitty banned you, he started getting spammed with discord password reset requests. So not only are your buddies shitheads, they're also shit hackers.
Scree

Postby Nevis » Mon Feb 08, 2021 3:47 am

I had nothing to do with that if that's the case. My "buddies" haven't been buddies for almost 2 years at this point. I cut all ties with them. I am extremely regretful that I was a part of that mess to begin with and I want to apologize again for whatever bullshit occurred while I was associated with them.
I have no interest in causing drama, but I understand the hesitance.
Nevis

Postby PontifexMinimus » Mon Feb 08, 2021 3:52 am

I will never quite understand why people want to muscle back into communities so bad when they know how much aggravation they caused.

I always see it happen but I don't understand why. We're a small niche community and people have a long memory. What possible good would come out of this all?

I know for a fact you posted our donator list to a group to make fun of a person called "Wyatt". For spending their own money on things on however they please.

A ban appeal isn't an apology. It's an appeal to come back. Why do you want to come back and what good would it do to you and the community?
PontifexMinimus

Postby Nevis » Mon Feb 08, 2021 3:58 am

I did not post the donator list. That was a person called "Caleb" or "libidine" who was close to a personal called "Wyatt". Sari themselves told me this in the logs I put in my OP. They were going after cross_exonar on the list who is Sari/Saveloy.

I want to come back because I enjoyed the community. I was active in the server without issues and I am a dork who likes vore to put it blatantly of course lol. I feel I got wrapped up for the actions of some people I was associated with which were directly against this server. I fully admit I was a fucking asshole on SL, yes. SL brought out the fucking worst in me and I quit doing it seriously and cut all ties with the toxic people that were affecting me. I want to be given another chance to show that I can be a positive member of the Virgo community.
Nevis

Postby nerdass » Mon Feb 08, 2021 4:13 am

lol
nerdass

Postby nerdass » Mon Feb 08, 2021 4:28 am

okay post for real this time

no. you and your buddies caused trauma to someone i care about, and regardless of what you say about it, it doesnt change the fact that you did what you did, and you chose to engage with that crowd, and even went as far as to egg them on.

it's my personal opinion that i don't give a damn if you changed or not, the bridges are burnt and you were the one who started the fire. You don't get to point the finger at me and say that I'm the one who made a bad judgement call.
nerdass

Next

Return to Denied