[Dhaeleena] A Long Fall Down - Raiding

Moderator: Game Admins

[Dhaeleena] A Long Fall Down - Raiding

Postby A Long Fall Down » Sun Aug 18, 2019 5:56 pm

Byond account and character name: My BYOND key is A Long Fall Down. Character name is N/A.
Discord ID (if applicable): N/A, but I'm A Long Fall Down#2635
Banning admin: Dhaeleena
Ban type (What are you banned from?): Permaban (server)
Ban reason given: Raiding - Technically ban evasion? - Image
Ban length: Permanant
Approximate time ban was placed (including time zone): 2017 - 06 - 1
Your side of the story: This is thoroughly embarrassing! Okay, so, er, in 2017 I was a bit of an avid Lifeweb player. I was in a discord about it and one sunny (Well, maybe not. I don't remember) day while I was a little bit intoxicated an IP to a server was posted there and everyone was told to join. It turned into the raid I was banned for - At the time it was dumb (disruptive and rude) fun. I didn't even really know what server I was playing. Now I have no excuse for the raid other than I was an idiot. As for the accidental evasion, well... Fast forward to May of 2019 and I start playing here. I make some pals and that sort of thing, and the raid above is completely out of my mind - I didn't even know I raided this server specifically! I go to join the server today and I'm beaned, and more than a few things click in my head. Suffice to say, whoops...
Why you think you should be unbanned: I'm sincerely sorry for what happened. Again, it was really dumb on my part. I enjoy playing here and like I said, I do have friends on this server. I didn't realize that I was evading my ban, either. I promise it won't happen again - after all I've been playing here for a few months now, and I like to think I've been doing alright. Thanks for your consideration, again, super sorry about this!

Concerning the screenshot:I've omitted the CKEY I connected with on this appeal because I'm very shy when it comes to this sort of thing, and I have friends who are not aware I play on this server - and I would like to keep it that way. I know, silly of me, but still.
A Long Fall Down

Re: [Dhaeleena] A Long Fall Down - Raiding

Postby A Long Fall Down » Sun Aug 18, 2019 5:57 pm

https://imgur.com/a/6vzAqat screenshot because it's not showing up!
A Long Fall Down

Postby Aces » Tue Aug 20, 2019 5:12 am

If your friends are on the server, let's hear them vouch for you. This appeal is open to community input.
Aces

Postby Wickedtemp » Tue Aug 20, 2019 5:16 am

It'd be easier to weigh-in if there were any details about who you were playing now before you were banned.
Wickedtemp

Postby A Long Fall Down » Tue Aug 20, 2019 10:24 am

Well I currently play Yves Clement, sec FTECH
A Long Fall Down

Postby A Long Fall Down » Tue Aug 20, 2019 10:31 am

Aces wrote:If your friends are on the server, let's hear them vouch for you. This appeal is open to community input.

Also it should be noted that the ban is acting very strangely. At this moment I can join the server (I'm not going to) if I so desired - in spite of the fact that the day I made this appeal, it wouldn't let me join. This was all using the same CKEY, A Long Fall Down, so I dunno what's going on!
A Long Fall Down

Postby Curtisimo5 » Tue Aug 20, 2019 11:27 am

Hey hey people, Curt here. I'm an active player on the server (Aliana Crow, Bella Bos, etc. Curt5 on Byond, Curt on discord) here to vouch for ALFD.

He's a good bean and has been playing the server for a few months with no issues. As he can connect despite the ban, having this lifted feels like an assumed formality.
Curtisimo5

Postby Wickedtemp » Tue Aug 20, 2019 1:12 pm

Okay the name actually rings a bell, I know I've seen them in Security. Course this is with extremely limited interaction, but I can't think of any issues I've seen, so... Yeah, honestly you're probably fine, can't think of any valid reason to not accept the appeal.
Wickedtemp

Postby Dhaeleena » Wed Aug 21, 2019 9:46 am

Oh man i never thought i'd see any of these bans ever appealed. I know for sure there was more than one raid group at different dates, So i cannot remember which specific raid group this was. Also cannot remember if you were banned on the raid itself or afterwards when i pulled logs from the lfwb discord.
In any case i am retired and you sound like a cool dude, I'll vouch for ya but the decision ultimately falls on our current staff, cheers dude.
Dhaeleena

Postby Slingblade » Wed Aug 21, 2019 3:51 pm

Man what a goof! ALFD has been here for a number of months now honestly, and for whatever reason this ban finally caught up to him. Odd. Anyway, the lad is right good. Honestly, Yves is a great character, integrates well into the server culture, and really is an excellent addition to the server as a whole. Whoever he was back in the day during this grief certainly isnt the AFLD that many of us know today. I strongly recommend that he be unbanned and that this little hiccup be forgotten...since it already had been.
Slingblade

Next

Return to Approved