[Pontifexminimus] SomeDingus - Permaban

Moderator: Game Admins

[Pontifexminimus] SomeDingus - Permaban

Postby SomeDingus » Thu Mar 23, 2023 12:01 am

Byond account and character name: SomeDingus, character name I genuinely do not remember.
Discord ID (if applicable): Goob#8955
Banning admin: pontifexminimus
Ban type: Permanent server ban.
Ban reason given: "Killed Katherine Dumont while they were SSD, which is like rule number one what to not do. Killing AFK players is unacceptable and considering you already have notes about talking to admins you should've read the rules in the meantime. Take this as opportunity to do just that and appeal at your leisure to come back!"
Ban length: Permanent.
Approximate date that the ban was placed: 2019-05-28 20:20:47 EDT
Your side of the story: This was one of my first ever SS13 experiences, I was new to the game, and if I recall correctly I was curious about how damage and such really worked, and I decided to use an AFK player as a punching bag. At least that's what I remember, since it was almost 4 years ago now.
Why you think you should be unbanned: Since then I've actually gotten into the broader SS13 game, and have played pretty much every variation there is to think of. It's quite clear to me now after 3 years of game knowledge that the act of killing SSD players is heavily frowned upon and quite honestly, there isn't even any reason to do it. I guess the reason I didn't appeal sooner was that I still had so many servers to play, and things to learn. The reason I come back now is to try and see what the server is like now, and possibly play a few rounds. I'm sure whichever random person I offed in their sleep 3 years ago doesn't really care about it anymore. Thanks, and have fun.
SomeDingus

Re: [Pontifexminimus] SomeDingus - Permaban

Postby Demicus_Maximus » Sun Apr 02, 2023 7:34 pm

If you can abide by the rules from now on, I see no reason to keep you banned at this time. Appeal approved.
Demicus_Maximus

Return to Approved