ban appeal - Resubmission

Moderator: Game Admins

ban appeal - Resubmission

Postby Nightshadow » Thu Nov 18, 2021 6:30 pm

Byond account and character name: FireBreak
Discord ID (if applicable): Nightshadow#1325
Banning admin: Kenzie
Ban type (What are you banned from?): EG; Job banned from HoP, banned from the whole server, banned off Discord, etc.: SS13 server
Ban reason given: "deep inquiry into an obvious scene taking place in maintenance as captain, badgering involved parties and ignoring all hints to back off, this is after a long history of dubious behavior on the server so"
Ban length: perma
Approximate date that the ban was placed (including time zone): 09-04-2021 (12:14)
Your side of the story: honestly, I don't exactly remember much about the story, as it has been some time and I have been busying my mind with other things, though, my previous post, from what I believe, is accurate still: Your side of the story: my side of the story is a bit different than what is described. although I do see now, how what I was doing could be easily seen as badgering and ignoring hints to back off, at the time, I had no idea. the full context of the story involves a body that was 'unconscious' with an 'unknown' name. there was someone nearby them, and thus I inquired about it over comms. they said it was "nothing to worry about...". the thing that made me believe there was something more happening, or some kind of thing to join in on, was the "..." at the end. I continued to ask a few other short questions. I asked "do you plan on eating them?" to they replied "no". I then said, in italics "do you plan on fucking them?" and they replied "No!". after that, I had been quiet for a bit of time, before saying one last thing "do you have some kind of nest or something?" reason being the character was a vassillian. they said no, and afterwards I simply returned to the bridge and sat, relaxing. shortly after I was messaged and after a brief discussion of at first being asked to not be a site manager, that I was just going to get outright banned

Why you think you should be unbanned: similar to my previous post requesting for an unban, the reason:

Why you think you should be unbanned: personally, I don't think I should be unbanned right away. irl, I have mental issues and disorders that make it challenging for me to recognize emotions and the thought process of others, and how they might perceive what I am doing, and how I may perceive what I am doing. things such as oppositional defiance disorder (ODD), aspergers, ADHD and other minor things. these conditions have made it challenging for me to realize faults in how I interact with people, and has lead to me personally not having many interactions with people irl either. at the time of the incident, I wasn't aware that the other party was in a scene or doing something of the sort. Often I have hard times 'taking a hint' or something. Although I have been trying to improve this, my mental disorders have been a challenge to overcome.

the reason being the same. I have issues and I realize, especially now after having had the incident go over for the past while, I realize I made the mistake in the end. I have waited patiently, and have been thinking of ways I could improve myself and how I can improve the way I handle situations like this, and how I can handle talking with other people. I have been in another vore related server, and have been trying to improve myself there, even so far as to nearly becoming a staff member, and most likely becoming one at the end of the month.

honestly, for me, the server is just something fun for me. it was always something fun. sit back, relax, and hang out, or do something fun while exploring. I hope that I am able to return, and, although this second appeal may seem lazy, at least, I would think someone may find it that way, I am more than willing to talk more regarding the subject either on discord or elsewhere. I look forward to hearing back from you guys
Nightshadow

Re: ban appeal - Resubmission

Postby Kenzie » Sun Nov 28, 2021 7:59 pm

I dunno, maybe send me some reputable people who frequently interact with you and think you have gotten a bit of a grip and I'll consider it, tbh not really feeling it tho.
Kenzie

Postby Nightshadow » Sun Dec 05, 2021 2:23 pm

Kenzie wrote:I dunno, maybe send me some reputable people who frequently interact with you and think you have gotten a bit of a grip and I'll consider it, tbh not really feeling it tho.

I have multiple people in another discord server who are able to back me up. they are staff members, be it moderators or admins to a server of ~2000 people. on this server I have also acquired moderator status, and have been doing my best to show the best behavior I can to make the best impression I can

over the time I had been banned, I have been trying to improve myself. I have been doing my best to realize what I can do is often wrong, and what I can instead do to make that change

overall, I do realize with hindsight that the actions I have done in the past are not acceptable. I am trying to improve myself, and I believe I have done that at least a little. I am prepared to accept caveats, such as job/character bans, and am very much willing to do anything else to improve my image

I do very much enjoy the server, and I have gained a lot of joy and excitement from it. If I didn't, I would have left the discord out of spite. However I stayed, wanting to return and hoping to change the fact that I have been seen as someone who is toxic

I hope I am able to return to the server soon, and am excited to change others views on me, and show how I can be someone else, who isn't just someone who should be kept banned

thank you
Nightshadow

Postby Kenzie » Mon Dec 06, 2021 10:22 am

alright, well considering you have no endorsement that i would consider predictive insofar as behavior on a ss13 server goes, i will still extend you a second chance however you will be banned from command/exploration/talon, is this acceptable? if not i will deny the appeal until you are able to get me something predictive.
Kenzie

Postby Nightshadow » Mon Dec 06, 2021 2:03 pm

Kenzie wrote:alright, well considering you have no endorsement that i would consider predictive insofar as behavior on a ss13 server goes, i will still extend you a second chance however you will be banned from command/exploration/talon, is this acceptable? if not i will deny the appeal until you are able to get me something predictive.

i am willing to accept a job ban if it means i am able to return to the server. joining the server and showing that i am capable of behaving for some time will likely help me in showing that i am capable of staying
Nightshadow

Postby Kenzie » Mon Dec 06, 2021 2:14 pm

alright i lifted the server ban
Kenzie

Return to Approved