Moderator: Game Admins

[Jazzywolf] Gabriel Namaka - Annoyance, broke OOC IC

Postby Jazzywolf » Sun Jan 12, 2020 11:57 pm

Byond account and character name: Jazzywolf / Gabriel Namaka
Discord ID (if applicable): None
Banning admin: mrsignmeup
Ban type (What are you banned from?): Banned from whole server
Ban length: permanent?
Approximate date that the ban was placed (including time zone): 1/12/2020 at around 11 or so pacific time
Your side of the story: I'm very VERY new to the game and had a few experienced friends that were on the server and thought it would be cool to join them, one of whom is Sivaad Veiter. I had NO idea as to how the general behavior, rp style, mechanics or ANYTHING revolving around the game worked. I just knew there was vore and RP that was very intensive and strict in terms of in character. I was thinking of ways to make things fun for everyone by giving people (namely security) things to do as I was told by Sivaad that the server needed more troublemakers to spice things up. So he had taught me how to hack doors and even where to get the captains spare ID. I thought it sounded like a lot of fun but was STILL worried that I would annoy people the entire time. I made quite a few mistakes in this regard. I was in the brig and accidentally killed myself then rejoined the same round with the same character (I had no idea how to tell when a new round had started and thought the one I died in was over) and continued to hack doors because I didn't know I was actually being excessive as well..I'm very VERY new and was told by a veteran of the server they needed troublemakers. However I was warned after the disposal incident and then again after being caught hacking into places once again. So two warnings for two different reasons. Then once I finally decided to stop hacking in general because I was now very VERY upset I had caused legit OOC drama which I wanted to avoid from the very start. So I went and got drunk instead acting out IC how he was drinking because he was upset about being fired as an engineer. Then Yikatihaki came into the picture and started abusing me after I was already down and out. Apparently there is some mix up as to how things went down but I will be 100% honest as to how things went from the best my memory can provide.

When I was learning to start the engine, I warned him about radiation and then never saw him again because after that I was in trouble and in the brig not long after that point.

then I was sad about getting on peoples nerves so I got drunk and while I was drunk stumbling through the halls is when he found me and picked me up stripped me down then put me in this weird glass thing in security that I was trapped in. because I was drunk I kept trying to get out but only hit the window and hurt myself really bad trying to get out. That's when someone else found me and I was healed.

Then with no belongings I scavenged the maintenance tunnels for clothes and such and food. Then I was begging for food in the lift I was eating when he found me picked me up then waited for the doors to almost close and threw me, causing me to glitch under the lift and kill me. He then proceeded to brag about how he killed me and ate my organs. Apparently I learned recently that he was a "changeling" and that is why he murdered me but as a new player I knew nothing of this. So I complained to the admins about how I was murdered but they claimed he could of no way intentionally done that and let him off the hook. So naturally I was angry and a bit traumatized from the whole thing of being yelled at for just being a trouble maker but he got off the hook for breaking one of the biggest rules, murder. I felt hated by everyone including admin, and when I rejoined again as Gabriel (again still not knowing how to check when the rounds ended) I was yelled at by engineering with Yikatihaki added "you're fired" to it all to really rub in how much I was not liked at all around there. Which is when I made another mistake and said something OOC but IC and said "Don't worry thought a new round started, I'm leaving dickheads. Have fun"

I was talked to by an admin for a 3rd time at that point and asked them how to check round length so I could know and not join again before a new round started but was banned after that regardless. I felt horrible because all this happened thinking it was OKAY to be a trouble maker and being IGNORANT of how to check things like round length because it was literally my 3rd day playing, then snapping out of anger and saying something I shouldn't have breaking the OOC IC rule. I feel very traumatized from it all because I wanted to get along with everyone but was unintentionally mislead and ruined my reputation entirely..

I feel horrible and honestly quite scared to even go back on if I get unbanned because of how everything unfolded..but I'm doing this because my few friends still want to try and play with me and help me fix everything I've done wrong.

Why you think you should be unbanned: I'm very VERY new and was simply doing as I was told I could and should do to liven up the server and make things fun. I made a lot of mistakes but this whole experience has traumatized me enough (I know it's just a game but still..I was and am very effected by it all because I loved the people on the station) to not want even a tiny bit of trouble anymore. I didn't want any of this to happen..I just thought I was making things fun but then ruined everything and I feel everyone hates me..

I'm so sorry for everything that happened and if given another chance I would be more than grateful..I just hope it's not too late to make things right..
Jazzywolf

Re: [Jazzywolf] Gabriel Namaka - Annoyance, broke OOC IC

Postby Jazzywolf » Mon Jan 13, 2020 12:08 am

Sorry wrong date of ban it was 1/11/2020 at around 11 pm pacific time
Jazzywolf

Postby Mr_Signmeup » Mon Jan 13, 2020 1:20 pm

Here's the ban reason:
Consistent annoyance to crew, constantly breaking into areas such as the armory and bridge, stealing items like a taser and just being a general nuisance. Broke OOC in IC rule with the statement; "[Engineering] Gabriel Namaka (follow) says, "Don't worry thought a new round started, I'm leaving dickheads. Have fun."

We'll be sure to speak to Sivaad in regards to:
I was told by Sivaad that the server needed more troublemakers to spice things up.
Cause, no. We don't need troublemakers to spice things up. What he was encouraging you to do is against our rules of 'self-antagging'.

In regards to the Vox, yes. It was entirely a fluke that his 'yeet' managed to get you crushed by the elevator. However, the main reason he was let off the hook because of your previous behaviour in being an annoyance. Which is why we had some lenicence. The organ eating, however, will definitely be something we'll bring up about, especially the 'bragging' about it as that sort of behaviour violates our rules concerning reasonable characters.

I highly consider that your friends on the server take this appeal seriously and steer you away from rule-breaking behaviour because with what you said, they seem to be at fault for misguiding you towards this path with the whole 'troublemakers are needed to spice things up'.

Let me reiterate my point before.

We do not need troublemakers to spice things up.

The kind of troublemaking you were encouraged to do is not fun for anyone that has to get involved in it. You'll need to develop awareness of other players when doing things, asking yourself questions like; "Will this be fun for others?" before you do something or even ahelping to ask an admin if you can do something is a much better alternative than just doing it.

I'm willing to give you a second chance for your friends to help you enjoy the server in a more appropriate way and hopefully these so-called 'veterans' change their attitude in regards to certain behaviour so that their friends that are new to the server don't get banned.

Sound good?
Reshskaskakss Seekiseekis: Chief of Security
Mr_Signmeup

Postby Jazzywolf » Mon Jan 13, 2020 1:25 pm

Yes that's very fair and again I'm really sorry for causing this kind of trouble I really didn't want that to happen I wanted to have fun and create fun for everyone..

Trust me I will behave because I really enjoy the server and enjoy playing with the people in it.

I just hope it's not too late to redeem myself..
Jazzywolf

Postby Jazzywolf » Mon Jan 13, 2020 1:31 pm

also in regards to him eating my organs and bragging about it I couldn't get everything he said but I managed to copy this little bit from him. But know that he definitely said more than just this

Yikatihaki says, "Gabe fell and elevator crush"
[Common] Employee Oversight states, "Alexandria Kozetto, Paramedic, has moved Off-Duty."
Yikatihaki says, "I ate organs"
Jazzywolf

Postby Mr_Signmeup » Mon Jan 13, 2020 1:33 pm

Appeal approved.

Might be best to start off with a fresh slate and make a new character. Gabriel will probably just make people groan.
Reshskaskakss Seekiseekis: Chief of Security
Mr_Signmeup

Return to Approved