Nanotrasen Announcement: Exodius MK3 status

An online forum for Nanotrasen employees to access and communicate even while off station.
Forum rules
All posting in this forum is strictly in-character and related to in-character things. Post as if you're one of your characters. Use this for silly or useful things, but it all must be in character, and you must specify which character you're posting as.

Nanotrasen Announcement: Exodius MK3 status

Postby Aces » Thu Aug 13, 2015 2:56 pm

Nanotrasen Update:

The new station is still under heavy construction. We've encountered an issue regarding the handling of Akula and Sergal crew members. Systems and hardware made standard on the station does not include support for these species. We are working to amend this issue.

We apologize for the delays.
Aces

Re: Nanotrasen Announcement: Exodius MK3 status

Postby Atlantean » Sun Aug 16, 2015 11:12 pm

Cerah Hayes Posted

So we have any idea how long until these life support things get sorted out? Also are the blueprints any different then our old station?
Atlantean

Postby orbisa » Mon Aug 17, 2015 11:57 am

Dr. Richard D'angelo posted

I saw the planes and they are quite good, medbay is a beautiful thing now and the brig has doors that open to outside, so no more security officers forgetting of opening you or having to babysit you around. We also have a nicer pool, a bigger Holodeck and shuttle docking automatizations, wich is a very nice thing to have, it's a very modern station. But knowing our crew, we will need to fix the dormitories area.
RetiredEnslaved Coder
orbisa

Postby Aces » Mon Aug 17, 2015 12:25 pm

Jeremiah 'Ace' Acacius posted:

I'm not liking that they reverted the changes to the gateway area. I'll just have Kayleen copy the schematics and upgrade the station. Does anyone know the power load of this new station yet? I might put in a work order for extended solars as well.
Aces

Postby orbisa » Mon Aug 17, 2015 1:36 pm

Dr. Richard D'angelo posted:

I just ran a simulation Ace, and you better appreciate it becouse they have all the power compartamentalized...

When the station is idle, it consumes at least 250k, plus 32k from atmos and 6k from the ai.

Now, power was intended to be divided by areas, but either my simulation didn't cover these or it needs an adittional configuration from engineering

I did noticed that some solars are without cables in those plans...

Dr. Richard D'angelo edited:

Also boss, it seems the load before things are charged up is around 470k, for reference, we have 300k of initial load in our current station, and 200k of idle charge.

On a final note, it has little signs that points where you are going, like enginering or medbay..
RetiredEnslaved Coder
orbisa

Postby Vorrarkul » Mon Aug 17, 2015 6:22 pm

MD. Lucina Dakarim posted:

Is the new medical bay blue? I heard it might be blue, and I kinda like our current green-accented medbay. I think it's more original to have medbay be green.
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Vorrarkul

Postby orbisa » Mon Aug 17, 2015 6:55 pm

Dr. Richard D'angelo posted:

I think it's blue, yes.
RetiredEnslaved Coder
orbisa

Postby warbrand2 » Mon Aug 17, 2015 9:30 pm

Brandy draca posts:

I want xeno botany now, I want to grow a mouce eating plant... though I might be on its prey list but who cares.
I think to much.

disclaimer: Unless I cuss, I am generally not meaning to be hostile.
warbrand2

Postby Kayleen » Mon Aug 17, 2015 10:58 pm

Aces wrote:Jeremiah 'Ace' Acacius posted:

I'm not liking that they reverted the changes to the gateway area. I'll just have Kayleen copy the schematics and upgrade the station. Does anyone know the power load of this new station yet? I might put in a work order for extended solars as well.

Kayleen Pyroph Posted:

I've already been tinkering with the new plans and made quite a few adjustments.

The new station actually has one more solar than ours does at current, so powerload shouldn't be an issue. The RCONs make it far less painful to configure solar power, too.

One interesting note: The new station's got a lot of temporary expansions to maintenance that they're meant to use during construction and then cut out; I've gone ahead and requested that they leave them in so we can used them ourselves.
Kayleen

Postby warbrand2 » Mon Aug 17, 2015 11:01 pm

Brandy draca says:

Kayleen while looking over things think you can sneak some hidden dorms into the maintenance halls.... for emergency use mainly, that and it would give some less likely to be notice private areas for thoughs of us who like privacy... why must centcom put cameras everywhere seriously surprised they haven't put one on this site... oh wait found it never mind.
I think to much.

disclaimer: Unless I cuss, I am generally not meaning to be hostile.
warbrand2

Next

Return to (IC) Nanotrasen Virgo-Sector Hypernet Forum