Room building Exploits

An online forum for Nanotrasen employees to access and communicate even while off station.
Forum rules
All posting in this forum is strictly in-character and related to in-character things. Post as if you're one of your characters. Use this for silly or useful things, but it all must be in character, and you must specify which character you're posting as.

Room building Exploits

Postby ulviiriara » Sun Mar 13, 2016 1:13 am

Yuuko Shimmerpond Posted:

So am I the only person who builds rooms? Even then I only tend to build one.... Anyone else done any room building or something? Or have any tips on what I should put in a room and where I should build it? I would LOVE to hear what all of you have done with room building though. I'm outright curious.
ulviiriara

Re: Room building Exploits

Postby Scree » Sun Mar 13, 2016 5:06 am

Scree posted:

I bilt a new theater on old stashun

The holodeck wos tiny.

Also bilt the old sec EVA. And a bunch of other stuff. Bilding stuf is wot got me into engy work.
Scree

Postby rikaru19 » Sun Mar 13, 2016 6:51 am

Scree wrote:Scree posted:

I bilt a new theater on old stashun

The holodeck wos tiny.

Also bilt the old sec EVA. And a bunch of other stuff. Bilding stuf is wot got me into engy work.

Reika Ezaren posted:

Speaking of building stuff... No more experimental singulos please? The last one you made ate telecomms that same shift, no idea how the hell it happened but it did.
rikaru19

Postby ulviiriara » Sun Mar 13, 2016 1:18 pm

Yuuko Shimmpond Posted

Well thats no fun. I mean if he can shield it properly, Why not do it?
ulviiriara

Postby Scree » Sun Mar 13, 2016 4:02 pm

Scree posted:

I gots no idea how the hell it got to telecoms without burning out.

I had to get out of there cos NTs cheap bleedin suits - the ones they givs us fer workin on singulos in space - aint bloody rad sheelded properlike.

I got a stripy tan around the joints and soft bits and could taste metal
Scree

Postby ulviiriara » Sun Mar 13, 2016 9:59 pm

Yuuko Shimmerpond Posted

Well then. I'm glad I don't work with the engine at all. I prefer solars. Though I did recently build a new section basically north of the pool. Its a shame NT takes apart anything we build new though.
ulviiriara

Postby rikaru19 » Mon Mar 14, 2016 5:51 am

I had to get out of there cos NTs cheap bleedin suits - the ones they givs us fer workin on singulos in space - aint bloody rad sheelded properlike.

...I honestly want to just say 'bluespace shenanigans' as to how it ate telecomms. I have no fucking idea.

All I know is it got loose somehow, ate telecomms, had to call an evac since I got concerned about it getting too close to the station at that point.

Fuck that noise.
rikaru19

Postby Scree » Mon Mar 14, 2016 12:06 pm

ulviiriara wrote:Yuuko Shimmerpond Posted

Well then. I'm glad I don't work with the engine at all. I prefer solars. Though I did recently build a new section basically north of the pool. Its a shame NT takes apart anything we build new though.

Scree posted:

wot

SM engine is easy. Is all pipes.
Scree

Postby ulviiriara » Wed Mar 16, 2016 12:47 am

Scree wrote:
ulviiriara wrote:Yuuko Shimmerpond Posted

Scree posted:

wot

SM engine is easy. Is all pipes.

Yuuko Shimmerpond posted

Never said it was hard, Just that I don't like using it. Mostly because I don't like being near radiation sources but ehhhhh.
ulviiriara

Postby Mech__Warrior » Tue May 24, 2016 1:04 am

Harmony Pretchl posted:

Pfffft, any more rad shielding and we'd be walking around in space like we had elephantitus, like we would with those heavy rad suits we have now. :p Hell, those normal suits kept me relatively safe when I had to manually grab a Supermatter core and haul it out into space. Relatively. I think my hair did fall out though.

Back on topic, I'm still working on my station that I just haven't had to the time to work on. You see, I got this grant two years ago for two hundred thousand thallers or whatever to build my own research station within the vicinity of V.O.R.E. I still think I got the space permit here, and a majority of the structure has been built already but with the constant station shifts and changes, as well as looking into different endeavors, this was a project put on hold. I also proposed a station extension where I manually lengthened the station in all directions but NT must've put that aside or something. Then there was that one time the engine blew up and we rebuilt it, only to have someone accidentally open the box the core was in and then touch the core. That happened to me too. Was not a good day that day.
On again/off again coder/mapper.
Mech__Warrior

Return to (IC) Nanotrasen Virgo-Sector Hypernet Forum