Redspace Theory peer review

An online forum for Nanotrasen employees to access and communicate even while off station.
Forum rules
All posting in this forum is strictly in-character and related to in-character things. Post as if you're one of your characters. Use this for silly or useful things, but it all must be in character, and you must specify which character you're posting as.

Redspace Theory peer review

Postby jemli » Fri Oct 23, 2015 5:39 pm

Rrrr Hadii posted:

So, seeing as I'm still rather new to the station, I figure I would put in a post here to see what my good fellows think of my current working theory on red space.

Currently, from the understanding of red space, we know that we know that unless in a constant state of manipulation, objects hit by a red space field lose the properties that change the size of the object involved rather quickly. Organic objects are also affected, however, people keep the same size unless further manipulated by an object that changes the red space properties. While it's all just theorized so far, my belief of why this is so is believed to be related to the highly theorized 'soul'. This soul is what contains the field, and in addition, helps to maintain the field's effects. In addition, direct contact with said soul causes objects that are brought into contact to become affected by the same field, which is why micros are able to use the same items that macros are, and the object snaps back to it's proper size once released by the other sized beings.

Now, be good chaps and let me know if I should change the working theory.
jemli

Re: Redspace Theory peer review

Postby jemli » Fri Oct 23, 2015 10:25 pm

Rrrr Hadii posted:

Upon further thinking, I realize that the fact that the redspace field relies on a soul could explain a few other things. Like, the fact that red space creatures seem to be associated with things that in the old past were considered to be demonic, hinting that perhaps those myths came from breaches that may have occurred, and what got those creatures associated with matters of the soul in the first place.

Another, less fortunate for some points of view, effect of this is the observation that animals don't seem to be affected by the red space field changing device, commonly known as the shrink ray. Instead of having their size changed by the energy, it seems that the beam will instead act like a typical laser, with similar results as to the same thing. Unfortunately for the kids of the galaxy, this points to evidence that their pets don't actually possess what one might call a soul.
jemli

Postby Mech__Warrior » Wed Dec 23, 2015 3:16 pm

jemli wrote:Rrrr Hadii posted:

Upon further thinking, I realize that the fact that the redspace field relies on a soul could explain a few other things. Like, the fact that red space creatures seem to be associated with things that in the old past were considered to be demonic, hinting that perhaps those myths came from breaches that may have occurred, and what got those creatures associated with matters of the soul in the first place.

Another, less fortunate for some points of view, effect of this is the observation that animals don't seem to be affected by the red space field changing device, commonly known as the shrink ray. Instead of having their size changed by the energy, it seems that the beam will instead act like a typical laser, with similar results as to the same thing. Unfortunately for the kids of the galaxy, this points to evidence that their pets don't actually possess what one might call a soul.

Harmony Pretchl posted:

You know, that might explain how the Faithless are able to locate us and 'hurt' us, despite there being a lack of physical eyes and leaving behind physical wounds. It might also hint at the earlier days when exosuits would be inexplicably damaged by an unknown force.
On again/off again coder/mapper.
Mech__Warrior

Postby Aces » Thu Dec 31, 2015 6:49 pm

Jeremiah Acacius posted:

We do know Redspace is sort of a field. We know it has to do with multi-dimensional bullshit I can barely wrap my head around. I should really ask Kisuke about this. I'll send him a buzz on Space Skype.
Aces

Postby Scree » Thu Dec 31, 2015 7:42 pm

Scree posted:

it makes me bloody ed hurt and all I knows is them shadowy hinges is a pain in a ass to kill an done even make for good eat[Voice2text-pro has encountered an error and has had to shut down. Error code 0100bf4c]
Scree

Postby Kisuke_Gema » Thu Dec 31, 2015 8:21 pm

Dr. Gema posted:
Goddamn what the hell is going on that I'm being dragged out of bed for.
Redspace? Doesn't like. ANYONE publish my work. Ever?
Redspace is, as far as we can tell, another dimension, a realm layered beneath our own. Think of it as a place where all the spookies you hear stories about escape from.

As for what it does, its really.. Hard to explain. Redspace energy can manipulate a number of things. Volume, mass, brainwaves, even the base energy of sentient life. Souls, as you call them.

In laymans terms, it is a realm where physics are broken and very little makes sense. Thought can become reality.

The Faithless are a different story. They're a manifistation of fear and doubt. Living shadows of life.

TL;DR, for you all: Redspace is fucking broken. Space gods, pls nerf. I'll try to write up an actual lecture on this shit sometime. If you have questions, message me. Please. Shit's boring at the desk.
Kisuke_Gema

Postby Aces » Fri Jan 01, 2016 2:14 pm

Jeremiah Acacius posted:

Not enough coffee today, koos?
Aces

Postby Kisuke_Gema » Sat Jan 02, 2016 2:07 am

Dr. Gema posted:

Not enough of a lot of things, Ace. Not enough of a lot of things.

Especially coffee.
Kisuke_Gema

Postby warbrand2 » Sat Jan 02, 2016 10:40 pm

Brandy Draca posts:

surprised you haven't wired some sort of teleporter to your body so that you are directly infused with caffeine at all times... though I did hear things like that where dangerous, but who cares 24/7 coffee.

Also I know little about redspace, but what I do know that place looks like a lovecraft horror combined with a henti fetishest worst nightmare. Think I found a comic on the old earth net archives which unwittingly describes it once. was called order of the black dog or something.
I think to much.

disclaimer: Unless I cuss, I am generally not meaning to be hostile.
warbrand2

Postby Scree » Sun Jan 03, 2016 2:44 am

Scree posted:

Now I wanna know if xenobio can whip up a coffee slime.
Scree

Next

Return to (IC) Nanotrasen Virgo-Sector Hypernet Forum