[Job posting] Need to consult a lawyer

An online forum for Nanotrasen employees to access and communicate even while off station.
Forum rules
All posting in this forum is strictly in-character and related to in-character things. Post as if you're one of your characters. Use this for silly or useful things, but it all must be in character, and you must specify which character you're posting as.

[Job posting] Need to consult a lawyer

Postby Aces » Sun Sep 27, 2015 3:15 pm

Jeremy Neil posted:

Keegan and I finally got married! We went on vacation on the planet Peran and for the last week of the trip, we got married under the moonlight in the deserts of Akeshlahab. Nagas, taurs, nekos, quite a diverse crowd! Very public wedding.

Anyway, I need to talk to a lawyer because I have some marriage paperwork including our marriage license to be put through to Nanotrasen. I'm still not on Keegan's healthcare plan, and, as such, if I die without an on-station clone... I stay dead. We've been trying to fix that for over a year since we started dating. I think Nanotrasen is intentionally screwing me over because of my spotty record saying anti-NT things in the past on social media hyp sites like Spacebook.

I know my rights, and I'm pretty sure Nanotrasen delaying our paperwork is a violation of them. Been living with Keegan for nearly a year now I think, I'm out of college, but Nanotrasen won't hire me for more than part time. I feel like I'm getting fucked over here so I need legal help.

I know lawyers cost money but if you think I can sue, you can keep the pain and suffering damages. I just want to be on the healthcare plan. Otherwise I'll just pay you for straightening out my paperwork.
Aces

Re: [Job posting] Need to consult a lawyer

Postby Mech__Warrior » Sun Sep 27, 2015 9:19 pm

Aces wrote:Jeremy Neil posted:

Keegan and I finally got married! We went on vacation on the planet Peran and for the last week of the trip, we got married under the moonlight in the deserts of Akeshlahab. Nagas, taurs, nekos, quite a diverse crowd! Very public wedding.

Harmony Pretchl posted:

Really man? You guys just got married off station even though you guys requested me to hold the service? That's a tad rude.
On again/off again coder/mapper.
Mech__Warrior

Postby orbisa » Sun Sep 27, 2015 9:34 pm

Dr. Richard D'angelo posted:

Aw, you guys got married already? And here I though it would be a grand event...
RetiredEnslaved Coder
orbisa

Postby Aces » Sun Sep 27, 2015 9:41 pm

Jeremy Neil posted:

Guys I tried to do it on station but the scheduling just DIDN'T WORK, EVER. I mean we could totally hold another ceremony...

Point is I need a lawyer though.
Aces

Postby Arbon » Thu Oct 01, 2015 1:00 pm

Drallinda Take posted:

“Oh honey that’s so sad to hear. So ya’ll getting screwed over by those same pencil pushers who got me, huh? I’m not a lawyer and can’t think of any good ones to send ya too, but I do have the next best thing. There’s a guy out in Sol currently who runs a private insurance company. Its 10 grand a clone, and charges ya after you just get cloned back so keep careful track of your funds. And it’s a bit of a dangerous walk getting out of the dark alleys he likes to keep the equipment. One time it was just this really greasy van but I think he’s upgraded recently. Just contact if you’re desperate and I’ll hook ya up with a meeting hon.”
Arbon

Return to (IC) Nanotrasen Virgo-Sector Hypernet Forum