memory experments

An online forum for Nanotrasen employees to access and communicate even while off station.
Forum rules
All posting in this forum is strictly in-character and related to in-character things. Post as if you're one of your characters. Use this for silly or useful things, but it all must be in character, and you must specify which character you're posting as.

memory experments

Postby warbrand2 » Sun Aug 23, 2015 10:44 am

Brandy draca posts:

Ok no clue what I am doing but, I think I should post something about this. I have to ask have we ever done any experiments with memory and death. The reason I ask is cause some people like me remember dying half the time when clones while others if you even mention they are a clone will break down mentally cause they thought they just fell asleep on the job.

I know this would be a hard experiment to conduct but would like to know what causes a memory laps for thoughs of us who do remember and what causes people to forget. I have heard "explanations from" the soul remembers to, your brain just had that info recorded before clone.... neither of which make sense. Also I have an ulterior motive, any one who knows me knows I have died thousands of times... that I can remember thing is my memory is getting worse to the point where I can barely remember names of some crew members I see regularly. I am beginning to think my mind is actually degrading with the cloning and reviving as well I think medical has at least 20 case files of me "waking" with extreme brain damage.
I think to much.

disclaimer: Unless I cuss, I am generally not meaning to be hostile.
warbrand2

Re: memory experments

Postby Aces » Mon Aug 24, 2015 4:51 pm

Jeremiah 'Ace' Acacius posted:

I feel like this violates some ethics.

Although it would be interesting to test memory after cloning, if only we could get people to do such things. The problem is I think you're going to get wildly unexpected results with absolutely no consistent pattern.

(( OOC trouble is we leave this really wishy-washy in terms of lore and OOC rules. I don't think it's a good idea. ))
Aces

Re: memory experments

Postby warbrand2 » Mon Aug 24, 2015 5:35 pm

Brandy draca posts:

Yeah noticed that.... that an telling people they where cloned jsut to test memory.... think I heard some one scream through out the station once when a doctor let it slip to some one.

Hmm might be a good idea to hide this topic as well cloning stuff tends to be way to dangerous to people who have no memory of it.

off topic, any one read that report on some sort of black band energy might help with info on this... though might be a waste of everyone's time.

((ooc: yeah probibly shouldn't have made the topic, as icly lore is meant to be open making a IC lore for memory might be a bad idea))
I think to much.

disclaimer: Unless I cuss, I am generally not meaning to be hostile.
warbrand2

Return to (IC) Nanotrasen Virgo-Sector Hypernet Forum