Genetics Break-Ins

An online forum for Nanotrasen employees to access and communicate even while off station.
Forum rules
All posting in this forum is strictly in-character and related to in-character things. Post as if you're one of your characters. Use this for silly or useful things, but it all must be in character, and you must specify which character you're posting as.

Genetics Break-Ins

Postby Vorrarkul » Sat Aug 22, 2015 7:59 pm

Lucina Dakarim posted:

This has been the second time in as many days that genetics has been broken into. First off, you would-be geneticists are idiots because I had already finished the research by the time you broke in. secondly, you're bigger idiots because under most circumstances, I would've LET you in to do genetics if you simply ASKED ME FIRST. I AM CMO, I CAN HELP YOU ACTUALLY GET THE JOB YOU'RE TRYING TO DO ILLEGALLY.

One last thing, I want more security around medbay and genetics in particular, it seems to be a hotspot for trouble recently, with the would-be-murder of an SSD diona in the lobby and at LEAST two break-ins to genetics.
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Vorrarkul

Re: Genetics Break-Ins

Postby Aces » Mon Aug 24, 2015 4:53 pm

Jeremiah 'Ace' Acacius posted:

CentCom's had me away with administrative crap. I'll try to have someone send some additional security. Next time Roland is in his office, I'll ask him to assign an additional security detail to medbay. He's CentCom's Chief of Security after all.

No promises though. You'll get faster results by speaking to the on-station HoS on any given shift.
Aces

Postby orbisa » Mon Aug 24, 2015 5:08 pm

Dr. Richard D'angelo posted:

I had this problem before, it got solved pretty quickly leaving a few clusters named 'X-ray' with the monkey SE. Disks are your friends
RetiredEnslaved Coder
orbisa

Postby Vorrarkul » Mon Aug 24, 2015 5:16 pm

Lucina Dakarim posted:

I'll have to try that X-Ray thing, Richard. It'd serve them right.
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Vorrarkul

Postby Scree » Mon Aug 24, 2015 5:28 pm

Avida posted:

I'd be more inclined to give them every conceivable genetic flaw. Blind them, strike them deaf, destroy their hand-eye coordination, wreck their balance, the works. Will Ryetalin fix that if it comes from an actual DNA-injector rather than cloning damage or radiation? I've never had occasion to test it.
Scree

Postby Aces » Mon Aug 24, 2015 6:15 pm

orbisa wrote:Dr. Richard D'angelo posted:

I had this problem before, it got solved pretty quickly leaving a few clusters named 'X-ray' with the monkey SE. Disks are your friends

Jeremiah 'Ace' Acacius posted:

That is fucking hilarious.
Aces

Postby Arbon » Mon Aug 24, 2015 6:45 pm

Arbon (Mouse 777) Posted:

While hilarious and potentially fun, as someone who used to roam the vents himself I can say that the monkey gene might cause more trouble than its worth. For that enables anyone to break into anywhere they wish, including the captain's office, and throw things around. Worse still it won't be viable to talk them down and it would be a pain to catch them without welding every single vent on the station. If you can find them go put on genetic disabilities such as blindness or stumbling instead, if you wanted to keep people from breaking in. Monkey is for whenever you want people to still have fun, just taking their pranks to a different level.
Arbon

Postby orbisa » Mon Aug 24, 2015 6:59 pm

Giving them many genetics flaws, not only adds a lot of work, but it's still viable for them to manipulate their way to a cure again, and they could even get the geneticist in trouble.

Monkey on the other hand leaves a vent crawling pest that will either learn his lesson, will need to rely on aanother crew member to get his body back, possibly the geneticist, and in the worst case, will feed a member of Security should they choose to make mayhem.

All in all a win in my book
RetiredEnslaved Coder
orbisa

Postby warbrand2 » Mon Aug 24, 2015 7:09 pm

Brandy draca posts:

I don't know much about genetics but shouldn't you guys be able to get science to put a turret in genetics to guard the area? something simple like a turret loaded with a stun weapon or shrink ray?

wait forget I said that, last thing we need is this station to have turrets guarding anything important, AI goes nuts and suddenly you have to worry about turrets turning the bar into a bunch of stuned micros or worse.
I think to much.

disclaimer: Unless I cuss, I am generally not meaning to be hostile.
warbrand2

Postby orbisa » Mon Aug 24, 2015 8:21 pm

Still working on Shrink ray turrets, sorry!
RetiredEnslaved Coder
orbisa

Next

Return to (IC) Nanotrasen Virgo-Sector Hypernet Forum