CentCom Genetic Acid Resistance Experiment

An online forum for Nanotrasen employees to access and communicate even while off station.
Forum rules
All posting in this forum is strictly in-character and related to in-character things. Post as if you're one of your characters. Use this for silly or useful things, but it all must be in character, and you must specify which character you're posting as.

CentCom Genetic Acid Resistance Experiment

Postby Vorrarkul » Sat Aug 22, 2015 6:54 pm

Lucina Dakarim posted:

So, I did an experiment for CentCom, we had three predators eat three prey, all willing volunteers, and one of the prey was injected with the genetic power known as Warmth. My findings are thus:
  • The burn damage did increment on the test subject, but as a significantly slower rate than either control subjects.
  • The brute damage was unaffected, perhaps even amplified? The test subject's brute damage slightly outpaced either control, though this may just be natural variance. (More testing required)
  • The subject did eventually perish from brute damage, the stomach muscles kneading and breaking him down in a brutal manner. Humane, this isn't.
CentCom strongly advises more experiments, and as you can see my tests have flaws that need to be ironed out with further testing. I too am curious about this phenomenon. I should've timed it, but I didn't, sorry. I'll be conducting a second test soon, timed this time.
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Vorrarkul

Re: CentCom Genetic Acid Resistance Experiment

Postby warbrand2 » Sat Aug 22, 2015 7:28 pm

Brandy Draca posts:

ethics comity to V.O.R.E wait never mind stay back. Hey if need prey volunteers I could be of help. Should also test with things that block brute damage, though no clue what would do that.
I think to much.

disclaimer: Unless I cuss, I am generally not meaning to be hostile.
warbrand2

Postby orbisa » Sat Aug 22, 2015 7:36 pm

Dr. Richard D'angelo posted:

Fascinating! Some food for though, why don't you try with a diona? since they have a lower siemens coeficient I imagine they will receive lower brute damage, I might be wrong of course, but such a test could be done with an ipc too.

There is an armor that will increse the siemens coeficient greatly too, Central used it for the poor control group of the rigsuits prototypes and then were repurposed to laser tag armors, maybe you can use them to see if there is a difference in the siemens coeficient.
RetiredEnslaved Coder
orbisa

Postby Scree » Sat Aug 22, 2015 7:42 pm

Avida posted:

Not sure about prevention, but shooting the patient up with a suitably large dose of DD and tricordrazine would help - I'd suggest Bicaridine as well, though they MAY have to cut it with dylovene to counter the side-effects of the kind of dosage we'd be talking about (assuming the other general-remedies aren't sufficient). It wouldn't last forever, but might help for a SHORT trip.

Incidentally, the control patients? Their lower rate of brute-force damage - could that be down to their bodies' natural healing rate? If the patient with the genetic enhancement had been on their feet for a while without eating, their body would not be able to respond as well to the damage.

I suggest giving them all a dose of lipozine next time to knock their glucose levels down to a base level, then feeding them all a measured nutriment dose.
Scree

Postby orbisa » Sat Aug 22, 2015 7:48 pm

Dr. Richard D'angelo posted:

Not to forget that certain races, unathi and tajaran, are less and more suceptible to burns.
RetiredEnslaved Coder
orbisa

Postby Vorrarkul » Sat Aug 22, 2015 7:55 pm

Lucina Dakarim posted:

All good points. All three subjects were human or near-human, but the satiation level could be why each suffered differing levels of damage.
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Vorrarkul

Postby Aces » Sun Aug 23, 2015 4:17 am

Scree wrote:Avida posted:

Not sure about prevention, but shooting the patient up with a suitably large dose of DD and tricordrazine would help - I'd suggest Bicaridine as well, though they MAY have to cut it with dylovene to counter the side-effects of the kind of dosage we'd be talking about (assuming the other general-remedies aren't sufficient). It wouldn't last forever, but might help for a SHORT trip.

Incidentally, the control patients? Their lower rate of brute-force damage - could that be down to their bodies' natural healing rate? If the patient with the genetic enhancement had been on their feet for a while without eating, their body would not be able to respond as well to the damage.

I suggest giving them all a dose of lipozine next time to knock their glucose levels down to a base level, then feeding them all a measured nutriment dose.

Jeremy Neil posted:

Yea no please no medicine cocktails. Keegan did that to me once. I lasted really long but I felt so nauseous until the acids starting burning me faster than I could recover. Although it really made me last a good long time. Still I'd rather just be digested. x.x
Aces

Return to (IC) Nanotrasen Virgo-Sector Hypernet Forum