Genetics research proposal

An online forum for Nanotrasen employees to access and communicate even while off station.
Forum rules
All posting in this forum is strictly in-character and related to in-character things. Post as if you're one of your characters. Use this for silly or useful things, but it all must be in character, and you must specify which character you're posting as.

Genetics research proposal

Postby Arbon » Wed Aug 19, 2015 6:24 am

Arbon (Mouse 777) posted:

To the centcom directors and head of staff, I would like to submit a request to have genetics research moved out of the hands of medical and under the sole direction of the actual research director. All we have discovered while examining irradiated monkeys and injured people is a small handful of dazzlingly potent super-powers that are too dangerous to make use of, and a large number of completely useless disabilities. Given the extremely varied nature of the crew itself and our periodic access to creatures with no human analogy, including somewhat tamed xenomorphs, I propose either upgrading or replacing genetics scanners with new machines designed to record, manipulate and analyze new types of DNA. With the geneticist’s new task being to convince members of the crew to allow him to scan them and isolate specific genes.

All this time genetics has been focusing on the larger, grander powers that can be obtained by pure luck from enough radiation. Now it is time we looked to smaller options, learning to mimic the bits of DNA that come flooding in with each new assistant. And for squeak’s sake, lets let a geneticist actually get some work done without being shouted at by the CMO to wipe all the data on their hard drive. This is a research station and I would like to see some actual research come out of it.

((A plug to here, for further OOC discussion viewtopic.php?f=20&t=124 ))
Arbon

Return to (IC) Nanotrasen Virgo-Sector Hypernet Forum