Reskinned ML3M - Chakat Tempest Venosare - Wickedtemp

Now with 20% more special snowflake! Also permits from CentCom go here too.

Reskinned ML3M - Chakat Tempest Venosare - Wickedtemp

Postby Wickedtemp » Tue Mar 17, 2020 8:25 pm

Name of Item: Rod of ML3M

Item description: (try to keep it short and sweet) "A rod about the size of Tempest's forearm with a snake carved around it, winding its way up the sides of the rod. Something about it seems to inspire in you the responsibility and duty to help others."

Sprites (or link to sprites): This, but colored differently -- https://gyazo.com/70754f0f48a0ac39a0edbb9944dcb046

Any additional resources: (in a .zip or .7z file, including sounds and DM files with code in them) Ingame

BYOND Key (Username): Wickedtemp

Name of Character: Chakat Tempest Venosare

Main Job(s) of Character: Medical, Offduty Medical

Why your character should have this item: It's a ML3M. Some may even call it fate. Anyway, it's a healing gun, I've wanted something like this as a custom-item for a long, long time and now it's finally made and actually extremely functional. The starting tiers of powercells it uses are mediocre at best and unless upgraded cells are acquired, you'll have to choose between healing 20 brute, 20 burn, or 10/10/10 burn/brute/toxin per power cell. Not anywhere close to as good as a proper first-aid kit as far as sheer healing values go, but it's cooler and is ranged so it has advantages over basic kits to balance out the disadvantages. As for an IC reason, could be anything from hir ordering one, receiving it as a gift from either a close friend or another NT employee, already possessing one and only just now being given permission to bring it along, etc. It's a neat medical item and Tempest is exclusively a medical character.

Additional Notes: Basically just this but with a set icon decided viewtopic.php?f=28&t=1584
Wickedtemp

Re: Reskinned ML3M - Chakat Tempest Venosare - Wickedtemp

Postby AegisOA » Tue Mar 17, 2020 9:09 pm

For what it's worth, Tempest had poked me in DMs about the idea after making this application, and I'd be happy to work on recoloring/redrawing the necessary staff art for them should this be accepted. Something that also came up was the possibility of having it keep the animated tongue flick of the same Asclepius Staff from /tg/, different (minor) sprite changes for what cell the ML3M is using, or both. Optional additions to it, of course, but I figured I'd put it out there anyways if the application needs the clarification.
AegisOA

Re: Reskinned ML3M - Chakat Tempest Venosare - Wickedtemp

Postby Wickedtemp » Tue Mar 17, 2020 9:37 pm

Quick note:
It wouldn't come with any mags or cells. At most, it'd have the ML3M case with this one spawning in. Since Medbay spawns with 2 ML3Ms every shift, I don't think having a custom reskinned one provides any notable advantage. Especially when.. a lot of times neither are used.
Wickedtemp

Return to Fluff Items / Permits