Material Science Update : Thoughts?

Screw up game balance and fix bugs by creating more bugs. Now you too can join the discussion. This is where the magic happens. Sometimes actual magic.

Should we change our current coding of walls, floors, etc. over to Goonstation's?

Yes
75%
No
13%
Maybe (Discuss)
13%

Total votes : 8

Material Science Update : Thoughts?

Postby Mech__Warrior » Tue Apr 26, 2016 3:09 am

I know I've been talking about massively overhauling mining, walls, floors, and possibly research and assembly coding with the Goon code to make things a bit more realistic and to mix things up greatly on the server. The possibilities are endless, really; teleporting floors, complex armors, perhaps modding the mecha code so that the materials used for the inner and outer armor layers affect damage resistance. However, this project is going to be incredibly complex and simply thinking about it makes me want to hide like I've seen an Eldritch god. I have a decent idea of where to go from here, but I'm gonna need some help.
On again/off again coder/mapper.
Mech__Warrior

Re: Material Science Update : Thoughts?

Postby Spooky » Tue Apr 26, 2016 9:11 am

Yes. I cannot stress how much I'm for this. Awhile back I tried to redo RnD for a modular research system, but I gave up the project because I couldn't get any community input; however the idea remains the same. Research right now is boring. It's an interesting the first few times, but once you get used to the system of putting items in and deconstructing them over and over, it offers no new possibilities, which considering the game and the potential of the setting, is baffling.
Spooky

Re: Material Science Update : Thoughts?

Postby Mech__Warrior » Tue Apr 26, 2016 12:46 pm

I have a decent understanding of how Goon's code works for this, and I have thought of ways on how to integrate it into our own materials. That was the main thing that kept me going to Goon was what kind of armor could I think of next. But it's going to be a massive project, nonetheless.
On again/off again coder/mapper.
Mech__Warrior

Return to Coding