Saving character info at round end?

Screw up game balance and fix bugs by creating more bugs. Now you too can join the discussion. This is where the magic happens. Sometimes actual magic.

Re: Saving character info at round end?

Postby Scree » Wed Apr 13, 2016 11:54 am

If we're going to be accessing the savefile mid-round, would that be a way to get people's flavortext back when they get cloned?
Scree

Postby Aces » Wed Apr 13, 2016 1:07 pm

Scree wrote:If we're going to be accessing the savefile mid-round, would that be a way to get people's flavortext back when they get cloned?

It would be, yes!
Aces

Postby Wickedtemp » Wed Apr 13, 2016 2:21 pm

Wait, by that do you mean we'd be able to access the 'character setup' file while in-game, or am I being a dum and just misunderstanding things?
Wickedtemp

Postby Zeke Sturm » Wed Apr 13, 2016 10:57 pm

So one thought I've had relating to this - Altering records should probably be non kosher, all things considered. But having a separate, add-on section that's only editable by station staff and carries over between rounds that displays with the character-written records might not be a terrible idea? It could be used to make amendments and such. I realize it's not a perfect idea, but it's a thought.
Zeke Sturm

Postby Aces » Thu Apr 14, 2016 9:27 am

Or I could just add a confirmation when you edit your own flavor text. "Is this what you want your new flavor text to be? It will be saved at round end." If yes, then go ahead and save your changes. If no, then obviously, don't.

Other players editing your record is not going to be a thing though.
Aces

Previous

Return to Coding