Abandoned crates

Screw up game balance and fix bugs by creating more bugs. Now you too can join the discussion. This is where the magic happens. Sometimes actual magic.

Re: Abandoned crates

Postby Scree » Thu Mar 17, 2016 7:48 pm

https://github.com/SpadesNeil/VOREstation/pull/467 I put up a PR.

Also, the old crate puzzle was quick and it was easy but still random chance of failure. The new ones... once you get the method down, you can get a pretty good chance (near-certain, in fact) of getting it open. If anything, going back to the old puzzle would push them into "meh" territory, they're just a thing to crack open and roll the dice at getting some goodies, whereas the new puzzle feels more like "prizes await you if only you feel like putting some effort in".

At that point the biggest concern is that the loot might not be worth the few minutes of time it takes to crack the code (only a 1% chance of getting a mystery box, but 150 cargo points will let you just order one if security aren't looking, which isn't much at all if you concentrate on mining plasma), but balancing the loot is an entirely different issue.
Scree

Postby antsnap2 » Sun Mar 27, 2016 3:36 pm

Yeah both you Scree and Ace made good points. Now that the puzzle is harder we need to talk about more interesting goodies. I, for one, would not open the chest for bad ties.
Antsy Coder. Characters: Muffy (drider), Jaslene (naga), Susan (slime), Miki (oni), Alythess (Demon)
antsnap2

Postby Aces » Sun Mar 27, 2016 6:11 pm

antsnap2 wrote:Yeah both you Scree and Ace made good points. Now that the puzzle is harder we need to talk about more interesting goodies. I, for one, would not open the chest for bad ties.

https://github.com/SpadesNeil/VOREstation/issues/485
Aces

Previous

Return to Coding