Ace's list for ideas to add later...

Screw up game balance and fix bugs by creating more bugs. Now you too can join the discussion. This is where the magic happens. Sometimes actual magic.

Ace's list for ideas to add later...

Postby Aces » Sat Aug 29, 2015 7:17 pm

I'm just going to list things here that I want to try adding to the code in the future but am too lazy / reluctant to do now / are not practical to do now / idk how to do them.

Not everything here will get added but these are just ideas I want to toss in.

• Add an admin-controlled bluespace cannon explosion that works the same way as admin bombing but with the global alert for bluespace cannon. This way I can target a specific spot instead of randomly exploding a chunk of the general area I'm shooting.
  • Add a delay between bluespace artillery firing alert and explosion. The current "warning" is more like an announcement.
  • Add a false-alarm mechanic for various alerts.
  • Head of Staff desk announcements to have audio.
  • Replace all announcement voices with a nice female voice again.
  • Butt-Bots, because Wanker asked for them.
  • Random silly end-of-round fluff announcements. E.g. "The next shift is about to begin", "Please keep hands and feet outside of fellow crewmember's various orifices while boarding the shuttle", "Do not lick the pilot", "If you guys killed Pun Pun again, I swear, I'm calling security" etc.
  • Multiple-stomach support. No idea how to do this. Must pester Nightwing.
  • Voracious mobs. Must also pester Nightwing.
  • Gut the unbirth code and rewrite it from scratch because it's horrible.
  • Add feature to make filled boobs milkable by targeting someone with an empty glass.
  • Make bellies actually appear on your sprite when you eat someone.
  • Disable vore while internals are on. This makes no sense. It's silly. It shouldn't be possible. Not sure how to do it though.
  • Change how telescience works. Allow telescience to teleport people onto normally inaccessible adventure maps (and then maybe get home via bluespace gate).
  • Space Japan, passive bluespace gate location.
  • Inside a space whale, dangerous bluespace gate location.
  • Clown temple/crypt, puzzle-based bluespace gate location.
  • Planetside spaceport, passive bluespace gate location.
  • Expanded beach, passive bluespace gate location.
  • Abandoned base on unknown world, PvE bluespace gate location.
  • "The Big Stick: A Guide to Command" book, for teaching head of staff how to command effectively, based on Ace's experience.
  • "Unathi's Guide to Human Hunting" book, for teaching predators how to evade security.
  • Add some mechanic of catching fish to the beach level.
  • Make it possible to prepare sushi with said fish.

Bigger projects:
  • Create some kind of system for controlling NPCs via NPC nodes, setting them to patrol or advance through them according to their behavior settings. An attacking NPC would advance from one node to the next, stopping only to target enemies. A patrolling NPC would be similar except looping through NPC nodes. A movement node ignores enemies (although can still possibly fire while passing by?) and proceeds from point A to point B. Guard nodes provide static nodes to be returned to after combat is over. Will need to heavily gut the NPC code and possibly observe how Beepsky uses nodes to find his way around the station in the code and maybe adapt it.
Aces

Re: Ace's list for ideas to add later...

Postby orbisa » Sun Aug 30, 2015 12:32 am

Aces wrote:Must pester Nightwing.

Taking this one.

A bit more seriously, let me do a quick overview, since we have coding, mapping and spriting issues here, and we have a different set of people for each.

• Add an admin-controlled bluespace cannon explosion that works the same way as admin bombing but with the global alert for bluespace cannon. This way I can target a specific spot instead of randomly exploding a chunk of the general area I'm shooting. [Coding]
  • Add a delay between bluespace artillery firing alert and explosion. The current "warning" is more like an announcement. [Coding] Clarification: ten seconds?
  • Add a false-alarm mechanic for various alerts. [Coding]
  • Head of Staff desk announcements to have audio. [Coding] Clarification: Audio Requested?
  • Replace all announcement voices with a nice female voice again. [Coding]
  • Butt-Bots, because Wanker asked for them. [Coding] [Spriting] Clarification: Not a joke Right? Clarification: Poop included? Clarification: Really, not a joke?
  • Random silly end-of-round fluff announcements. E.g. "The next shift is about to begin", "Please keep hands and feet outside of fellow crewmember's various orifices while boarding the shuttle", "Do not lick the pilot", "If you guys killed Pun Pun again, I swear, I'm calling security" etc. [Coding] Clarification: Randomized from a set?
  • Multiple-stomach support. No idea how to do this. Must pester Nightwing. [Coding]
  • Voracious mobs. Must also pester Nightwing. [Coding] [Spriting]
  • Gut the unbirth code and rewrite it from scratch because it's horrible. [Coding] Clarification: We need a set definition of what needs to be done here, change sex, race, heal, etc.
  • Add feature to make filled boobs milkable by targeting someone with an empty glass. [Coding] Clarification: Only females, right? becouse we could recycle Betsy code. All races? {Xeno Milk}
  • Make bellies actually appear on your sprite when you eat someone. [Coding] [Spriting] Clarification: Wasn't Nightwing working on this one? I seen some fat sprittes on our code.
  • Disable vore while internals are on. This makes no sense. It's silly. It shouldn't be possible. Not sure how to do it though. [Coding] Clarification: This one might be easy, remember the CPR code that checks if you have a mask on.
  • Change how telescience works. Allow telescience to teleport people onto normally inaccessible adventure maps (and then maybe get home via bluespace gate). [Coding] Clarification: Right now telescience it's an aproximate gamble to send you to a spot, works with math and it's limited with cristals. to teleport you to adventure maps it's easy, just a change in the config.txt if IIRC, the thing is, you want only that changed or the whole telesci? Also remember that new map unless our mappers added it again got telesci removed.
  • Space Japan, passive bluespace gate location. [Coding] [Spriting] [Mapping]
  • Inside a space whale, dangerous bluespace gate location. [Coding] [Spriting] [Mapping]
  • Clown temple/crypt, puzzle-based bluespace gate location. [Coding] [Mapping]
  • Planetside spaceport, passive bluespace gate location. [Coding] [Mapping]
  • Expanded beach, passive bluespace gate location. [Coding] [Mapping]
  • Abandoned base on unknown world, PvE bluespace gate location. [Coding] [Mapping] Clarification: All these multiple gate locations, it could be modified on Gateway's code to display a list before picking out a map.
  • "The Big Stick: A Guide to Command" book, for teaching head of staff how to command effectively, based on Ace's experience. [Mapping]
  • "Unathi's Guide to Human Hunting" book, for teaching predators how to evade security. [Mapping]
  • Add some mechanic of catching fish to the beach level. [Coding] [Spriting] Clarification: I say spriting, I think we have some fishes in the code besides carp, but we might need nets or fishing poles.
  • Make it possible to prepare sushi with said fish. [Coding] [Spriting]
RetiredEnslaved Coder
orbisa

Postby Aces » Sun Aug 30, 2015 2:33 am

I'm gonna throw more stuff on this list, mind you. This is mostly just a public list of ideas I come up with.
Aces

Postby Atlantean » Sun Aug 30, 2015 11:11 am

Make bellies actually appear on your sprite when you eat someone.

Would there be any way to avoid this. Characters Suddenly becoming fat after vore takes me out of it, despite how much "sense" it would or would not make. I don't mind this happening to other people, of course, (I'm sure many people are very excited for it) but I'd rather have a way to avoid it with my own pred characters. I'm hoping voring micros wouldn't make you become fat,that would be enough for me. I'm just asking so I know what to expect whenever this actually does happen.
Atlantean

Postby Lindy Grey » Sun Aug 30, 2015 2:48 pm

Butt-bots could be fun but im not sure iff i realy want them around. Lindy would be disturbed whenewer she sees one thats for sure.

Milking could be fun. Citadel station had that option and it made some interesting rolleplay opportunities (That were most of the time tosed out when someone bombed the bridge again) and Lindy also had a lot of fun makeing cheesecakes useing her own milk. (Also it was broken as i could make endless amount of cheese then again Betsy coud to she just neads more time.)

Cant realy say much else here, all of these ideas sound nice and would be awsome iff they could be aded.
Lindy Grey

Postby warbrand2 » Sun Aug 30, 2015 3:38 pm

Ok, doubt I should be posting this but on unbirth and milk think they should have a tie together thing.

for milkible breasts think there should be a set of requirements these are all and/or things

1. must have "digested" a breast vore prey

2. must have a prey in unbirth (alive or digesting doesn't mater)

3. must be female get 3 uses by default? (optional, as I know for some this would be pref breaking)

milking breasts should be limited to that of the user only, or under specific grab.

for example

a character can milk their own breasts for a container of specially name milk by using a glass on the breasts. this gives 20 units of the milk
milk name depends on race and if breast vore was involved.
:example tajaran's would produce sweet milk, and a tajaran that turned a prey into milk would produce bulk sweet milk. (when filled gives 50 units for container)

for others to milk it would require a grab and either a other hand click aimed at chest (drink) or other hand click on chest with glass (milk).

also think milk from creatures should have effects though this would be limited as one person may have a sergal model but is playing as a kitsune while another uses a tajaran for the same thing. (no ideas for this)

yeah way to much idea detail for one little thing... they I personally would never be involved in.

on the unbirth code needing changes

think it should have options like the following.

hold: default does nothing

aggressive regression: "digests" prey before turning them into the race of the pred (including taur parts)

passive regression: slowly turns prey into race of pred, causes the pred to become hungry.

healing: like passive regression but but doesn't change the prey.

aggressive and passive regression would cause milking to be permitted on the pred, though it is a slow gain rate at 1 unit of liquid for 2 minutes.

On the vore mob stuff here is an idea for xenobiology

xenomorph hybrid
info: a dark purple xenomorph queen modified so that they can unbirth as well as standard oral.
how it works: this drone would be in a special secure room with 2 turrets out side of its container at all times... unlike slimes which die it just goes dormant when not fed and can be awoken by splashing water on it.

how to feed: monkey shoot, like slimes, unlike slimes it will swallow the monkeys hole.

to "tame": stand in cell while it is digesting a monkey be warned if stay in after it is done it will grab you and try to unbirth. (can resist to flee)

to harvest: after a few feedings the hybrid will lay an egg this can be collected and cut open it should be noted that the eggs it produces are duds and when cut open produce metal, liquid plasma, and xeno acid
harvest steps
1. use saw to cut open top
2. use crystal beaker to collect acid
3. use saw to strip away exterior
4. use scalpel to cut away exterior
5. use needle to extract plasma (each egg has 10 units)
6. use saw to strip away flesh
7. use hands to remove "metal"

items produced
xeno chitin: can be used like metal and is basicly just reskined metal
xeno acid: (one beaker 50 units) residual item though can be used ot make nerotoxin
plasma: 10 units

how the hybrid xeno works

the hybrid queen is hostile at the start but if the person feeding it stays in the cage for 4 feedings it will start to see them as a drone bringing food. be warned though improving this sight may lead to the xeno queen unbirthing the biologist (requires like 20 feedings before it tries) which will result in a 10 minute stay in the xenos womb before being released as a drone. (not the antag type is more purple in hue, also has a "belt slot" allwoing for ID hold) a scientist released as a drone will retain memories but will be influenced by the queen to want to let her out.

special admin stuff

rogue queen: causes the queen to escape and try to convert the station (player controls queen)

queen free dgree: controls the stages that the queen wants free by default 1
0. queen content will not influence (mesages like dreams) drones to try and free her
1. queen wants "out", queen would be content with just being out of its cage, warning if let queen out xeno bio is dangerous to all who have not been around the queen for 4 feedings. (will not try to escape xeno bio and will not go near the airlock)
2. queen wants hive (admin event level, AI will try to escape xeno bio and create a hive)
3. rogue queen (Requires player)
4. dangerous queen (queen tries to kill everything)

I have a lore sheet for this concept if anyone wants it.
I think to much.

disclaimer: Unless I cuss, I am generally not meaning to be hostile.
warbrand2

Postby Aces » Sun Aug 30, 2015 4:42 pm

Atlantean wrote:
Make bellies actually appear on your sprite when you eat someone.

Would there be any way to avoid this. Characters Suddenly becoming fat after vore takes me out of it, despite how much "sense" it would or would not make. I don't mind this happening to other people, of course, (I'm sure many people are very excited for it) but I'd rather have a way to avoid it with my own pred characters. I'm hoping voring micros wouldn't make you become fat,that would be enough for me. I'm just asking so I know what to expect whenever this actually does happen.

Yea that seems fair. And no eating micros wouldn't make your gut large obviously.

The big problem comes with how taur sprites handle being full. I think someone attempted a fix of the glitchy taur sprites on different sprite sizes, but there's still the matter of how to make bellies on taurs appear. Our naga sprite just isn't built for it, for instance. Nor is the dridder. It's more an art problem than code problem.

Lindy Grey wrote:Butt-bots could be fun but im not sure iff i realy want them around. Lindy would be disturbed whenewer she sees one thats for sure.

Milking could be fun. Citadel station had that option and it made some interesting rolleplay opportunities (That were most of the time tosed out when someone bombed the bridge again) and Lindy also had a lot of fun makeing cheesecakes useing her own milk. (Also it was broken as i could make endless amount of cheese then again Betsy coud to she just neads more time.)

Cant realy say much else here, all of these ideas sound nice and would be awsome iff they could be aded.

Butt bots won't be possible to build, but abusive admins Wanker will want to spawn one because that's his fetish for reasons.

Warband's post has way too much for me to quote and go through so I'll just respond to what I like.

Milking will require someone to have been boobgurgled in order for it to work. Otherwise there's potential for abuse (infinitely milkable boobs). And I don't want it to be based on nutriment.

I do want to change unbirth to allow the possibility of changing taur bodies and the species. I want to do it correctly though. The hacky way of doing it is just changing the mob icons being used. If I did that, you would, for example, become a Tajaran with none of the melee damage perks or the heat sensitivity drawbacks.

Would be nice to give xenobio things more uses... I don't know how I'd make a xeno queen go docile after being fed so many times. Maybe there's a way to check the hidden fingerprints var. I think slimes already do something similar if you attack a monkey and send it to feed them. They are less inclined to attack you I think. I'll look at the code. If it exists, I'm very good at butchering other people's code and putting it back together to suit my needs.
Aces

Postby warbrand2 » Sun Aug 30, 2015 5:01 pm

right now if I remember right the slimes will go passive instantly if you are inside their cage standing right next to them as they "Eat" a monkey.

think the biggest thing about a xeno queen for xeno bio would be that it would have to have a heavy security on it... like glass bridge to its cage with turrets in the cage heavy. hmm... would be fun though having a creature that is the deadliest thing in existence in a cage behind turrets and an easy to blow bridge.

EDIT

on teh unbirth thing... tie all traits to genetics and make it so unbirth can change the genetic make up of a being.
I think to much.

warbrand2

Postby warbrand2 » Sun Aug 30, 2015 6:26 pm

-post removed stupid to work on concept that will never happen-
https://mega.nz/#!h8MXEA7K!47PKTu72A6zA ... ja_Dmzs1sk

leaving link to .dmi file incase any one wants it but yeah I jumped the gun... I had an idea and it was on I know can be made with little work. (mostly splicing things together) didnt think about form only function and failed at realizing none of my ideas are good. eh overthinkings draw back... have thousands of ideas many of which may be good but none of them are good.

As such sorry for wasting everyones time with ideas and concepts, I will stick around I think, but yeah will stop.
I think to much.

warbrand2

Postby Molenar » Wed Sep 09, 2015 2:30 am

From what I remember last I talked with em, the belly sprites were going to be a toggleable thing for people to see, and for display, so it would take both you "the viewer" and the person with the belly having it "ON" to be visible. though as far as I know the belly would only display on the "human" part of the body for taurs, though honestly if it was a single person and not larger than the pred's size, I would think it easy enough to hide a prey inside a tauric body of any kind.

Also I think there was something in the works on changing how Taur sprites worked alltogether so they would be better attached, not sure of the specifics.

on the mapping and new places bits, I would say from the spriting end of things, it would be good to have a layout of the map and what was needed before making sprites. Also, I wonder if there would be possibility of ripping sprites from other Byond things, or other games even, though making from scratch would be more fun in my opinion.
Molenar

Return to Coding