Nevreans

Make shiny things to maybe appear in game. Or just dump all the sprites you've been working on. We might use some of them, or other people might use them.

Nevreans

Postby Scree » Sun Feb 14, 2016 7:42 am

As I've hinted in the skype chat a couple of times, I'm making birbs. Specifically, nevreans from the same place that sergals are from.

The side-view sprites are done for both male and female (males are on the left here) but I've not yet made any progress with hairstyles or tails. So, if anyone wants to make feathery headfluff, go for it!

Tails are something I'll do once I've got the north-south view finished.
Scree

Re: Nevreans

Postby orbisa » Sun Feb 14, 2016 4:24 pm

Remember, the current system vore uses for humanoid mobs is piece by piece...
RetiredEnslaved Coder
orbisa

Postby Scree » Sun Feb 14, 2016 4:56 pm

orbisa wrote:Remember, the current system vore uses for humanoid mobs is piece by piece...

I am well well well well aware which is why doing this has taken fucking ages for me to get around to doing it 'cause all I saw was the sheer number of tiny fiddly sprites and just thought "Urrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrgh...."
Scree

Postby orbisa » Sun Feb 14, 2016 8:55 pm

You could just use tajaran's body set and modify the hands and feets
RetiredEnslaved Coder
orbisa

Postby Scree » Sun Feb 14, 2016 9:02 pm

I did it with unathi and I'm already done :p
Scree

Postby Scree » Mon Feb 15, 2016 2:41 am

Actually, there's a few things I wanna know:

what's with r_def_lizard.dmi? As opposed to just r_lizard.dmi? I've got all the parts in the latter. (well, in r_nevrean.dmi)

Also in effects/species.dmi, they all seem to have several icons: there's "sogtail_s" (which looks like the directional tail sprites) but also "sogtail_s backup" which is almost the same thing but it has the pixels that would be visible between the characters' legs, and also sogtail_l which is just a south-facing tail sprite rotated 90 degrees.
I notice the _l sprites are missing for sharks and sergals so I assume they're not actually necessary.

Basically, what do I need to put together for these and how does the game arrange all these fiddly sprites?

edit: here's the full versions for both species, all relevant layers displayed.
Scree

Postby orbisa » Mon Feb 15, 2016 7:05 am

Sergals and Akula are a good base to see what's needed
RetiredEnslaved Coder
orbisa

Postby antsnap2 » Wed Feb 17, 2016 9:57 am

orbisa wrote:Sergals and Akula are a good base to see what's needed

This. It's better to work off existing sprites and not mess with the connective parts (the top of arms i.e. the parts that connect to the torso). This way things don't appear to float.

As far as I know, it's the r_race.dmi sprites used for the races. If some races don't have it--like the r_def whatever--then don't worry too much I'd reckon.
Antsy Coder. Characters: Muffy (drider), Jaslene (naga), Susan (slime), Miki (oni), Alythess (Demon)
antsnap2

Postby Scree » Wed Feb 17, 2016 5:37 pm

Yeah. I've got the r_nevrean.dmi file put together. Taking a couple of days off (because of, yanno, actual work) and then I'll do the tails. Considering whether to put headfeathers as ears or not, probably not necessary if I can make them as a hairstyle.

I'll also be making an alternative "tail" with the longer arm-wings (like the male on the reference picture).
Scree

Postby Scree » Tue Feb 23, 2016 10:10 am

I now have enough sprites done to actually make a species from them.
Extra stuff like hairstyles and alternate tails for the fluff menu can come later, for now they should be fine with the existing hair sprites.

So. In icons/mob/human_races, these files need to be added:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/0avu73lq5qorg ... n.dmi?dl=0
https://www.dropbox.com/s/78tqn6vn98vcs ... n.dmi?dl=0

in icons/effects, this needs to be imported into species.dmi:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/8bkju2m27vy5i ... s.dmi?dl=0

And finally, for monkey purposes, this file needs to be imported into monkey.dmi in the icons/mob folder:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/wcmo3ygk4dgs2 ... y.dmi?dl=0

Unfortunately I have no idea how to make the code for an actual species. NOW we need to discuss what to give 'em as an actual species. (I mean we could just make them a copy of unathi with a peep-peep-peep language :p )
Scree

Next

Return to Spriting