Cobra hood (for snakes)

Make shiny things to maybe appear in game. Or just dump all the sprites you've been working on. We might use some of them, or other people might use them.

Re: Cobra hood (for snakes)

Postby Nightwing » Thu Feb 18, 2016 11:05 am

For my two cents on the colour addition/multiplication thing, not only do I think sprites are easier to work with if you use multiplication (since not only can people easily make a greyscale sprite, but I can also easily convert any coloured sprite to greyscale), but colour multiplication is better for blending colours, which addition doesn't allow. Addition is just messily slapping extra values onto the hex string, which means that multiple additions rapidly tend towards pure white. With multiplication, things tend towards black instead, but much more slowly, and actually blend properly, because all values are changed proportionally to the new colour rather than just slapping in a new colour.

For instance, let's say you have a base sprite which you colour blue, but then you want to make it red. Can't do that easily with colour addition, because adding red just makes the whole thing purple. It's easy with colour multiplication, which would dull the blue tones down to nothing and then apply reds over the top.
Nightwing

Previous

Return to Spriting