[Gateway] Junker Spaceship (Early Concept, Help Wanted)

Make gateway missions or shiny new stations, then get help when you can't figure out why the fuck there's no air in the rooms. Maybe post finished products to be shared.

[Gateway] Junker Spaceship (Early Concept, Help Wanted)

Postby Aces » Sat Oct 03, 2015 8:48 pm

So I came up with an idea earlier today that could make for a very interesting gateway map. A junk ship, cruising through space, laden with a huge variety of junk cargo ranging from totally useless trash to valuable and rare artifacts and weapons.

I am going to want a lot of custom assets for this map, however. Trash piles as obstacles, rusted and damaged robots and cyborgs, maybe a few IPC roaming around among other creatures, the ideas go on.

Do you guys have any ideas to throw in? I haven't even sketched up a map yet.
Aces

Re: [Gateway] Junker Spaceship (Early Concept, Help Wanted)

Postby Vorrarkul » Sat Oct 03, 2015 9:17 pm

This brings to mind the space hulks from 40K.

Blurb from a 40K wiki:
[+]
A Space Hulk is the term given by the Imperium of Man to the wreckage of a starship or a mangled twist of various starships and artificial debris found drifting through the vacuum of the Milky Way Galaxy without apparent direction. Many times they are so huge that they have their own atmosphere and gravity. Since the Hulks often exit and re-enter the Warp seemingly at random, searching or traveling within them is dangerous in the extreme. Space Hulks have many times been used as a means of transport by certain unsophisticated factions. The Orks, the Genestealers, and even Chaos Space Marine renegades use them occasionally to invade other worlds.

Perhaps something similar- a jumble of ships smashed together, with all sorts of dangerous crawlies inside?
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Vorrarkul

Re: [Gateway] Junker Spaceship (Early Concept, Help Wanted)

Postby warbrand2 » Mon Oct 05, 2015 6:16 pm

hmm if you want, you can use the PDA stuff I submitted somewhere for this, just seeing parts of old PDA's laying around and maybe even a rarity for finding a working hacked PDA with some function out side the normal ones.
I think to much.

disclaimer: Unless I cuss, I am generally not meaning to be hostile.
warbrand2

Return to Mapping