VR in Virgo

Make gateway missions or shiny new stations, then get help when you can't figure out why the fuck there's no air in the rooms. Maybe post finished products to be shared.

VR in Virgo

Postby iiVoracious » Wed Feb 06, 2019 4:05 pm

Hello there, it is I, legs! I recently went on to another lewd furry Server, Citadel and it wasn't nearly as bad as I expected it to be, that being said, the server also wasn't really the greatest thing in the world, however it had one really neat feature that a few other stations have, one that I believe could fit virgo quite well, that feature being VR pods. The VR pods on Citadel were a neat little feature because they took you to a relatively small world that you had to survive in with resources and hostile mobs scattered around the map. What I would like to do is work on such a project for the station, to be specific what I want to create is a jungle with vore mobs and things to find and explore around in. As somebody who has yet to do any serious mapping, I have a few questions regarding the implementation of this concept, such as what the size of said map should be? Will we be able to put VR pods into virgo? If not, why? And How to make sure that this is 100% compatible with the server's code. With these questions answered, I will or won't see if I can't get to work on developing this map. It should also be worth noting that I want to put this onto virgo because at times during low pop it can be quite difficult to make your own fun. The goal is for these VR pods to make it easier for players to find enjoyment if the server is low-pop or if they simply want to do something with their friends. Plus, eager explorers can't always go exploring due to a lack of staff or nobody willing to give the green light, this could be an ideal alternative to that.

I thank you for taking the time to read this and any questions are greatly appreciated as it will help make this project suck less should it actually go into development.
iiVoracious

Re: VR in Virgo

Postby Konkons » Mon Feb 18, 2019 12:20 pm

We already have VR pods I believe. They were in the gym for a bit but were removed for whatever reason. I think this is a cool idea though, I would definitely utilize it, probably give you a cookie if you finish the project if that's any incentive!
Konkons

Re: VR in Virgo

Postby Mewchild » Mon Feb 18, 2019 7:50 pm

The VR pods were in for a single round as a test for them, once Polaris added them and we synced. They were never mapped in, and the environment it sent you to was a custom map so the devs could test things. There were several problems with the pods, namely that dying in VR would eject you from the pod, but would still activate your death/alarm backup implant.
Mewchild

Return to Mapping