Kitchen/Bar Recipe Expansion

Suggest new things or complain about things that suck/are broken. Work with people to better your idea(s), or help each other figure out how to fix something that isn't working as you thought it should. Getting feedback for your characters can also be done here.

Kitchen/Bar Recipe Expansion

Postby DonkHonk » Sun Aug 16, 2015 7:14 pm

As a player, I love working both the kitchen and the bar. However I have one bane when working either, and I notice it on any station's wiki or current code standing.

Recipes and mixtures that over use ingredients, or just types of food in botany that go unused. Honestly count how many times you use carrots or even the types of dishes you can make with rice.

This thread is here to help expand on that. For both Bar Mixtures and Recipes.

NOTE
- Keep the recipes and mixtures with what is in the code now. If we have to add or create a new type of food, I guarantee that's a hassle for the coders. Keep in mind, on /tg/ I made a suggestion for Tortillas by using Corn in the Processor. The idea was simple but it took awhile to implement so understand that even the best coders have limits they need to work with.
- On that note. Please don't add drinks or food that give side effects. again, that's just more hassle for a poor coder.
- If you have an idea of how to limit a current recipe with heavy ingredient usage, please post! Sometimes its just ridiculous to make a chocolate chip cookie with a bunch of ingredients when a dough slice and chocolate bar will do.
- Again as mentioned with coding, nothing that involves cooking micros, or making them into stuff. Too much hassle nuff as is with basic foods.

PLANTS THAT NEED MORE USE CURRENTLY
- Bananas
- Berries
- Cabbage [seriously...I know we got someone here who would love to see some chow mein usage with this]
- Carrots [Carrot Juice]
- Cherry Jelly [Or something akin to Maraschino Syrup]
- Corn [Note: We went with the Processor route on /tg/. Here I would suggest just going with using Corn for Burritos and Tacos]
- Rice
- Soybeans [Even going beyond the soy aspect to using them as regular beans for burritos]

Drinks that could have more use in the Bar
- Absinthe [even just one mix. This stuff is super strong though, but makes me wish there was something to make with it]
- Blue Carcao / Melon Liquor / Grenadine Syrup [Nice for color but needs more use in some areas]
- Cognac
- Tequila
- Banana Juice
- Carrot Juice
- Sodas like Dr. Gibb, Grape Soda, Space Up or Space Moutain Wind. We have a few non-alcoholic characters on station who enjoy the non-liquored up drinks
- Lemon Lime
- Lemonade [What no Hard Lemonade]
- Potato Juice [Not even a Whiskey Recipe for this? FOR SHAME SEAMUS!]

I'll edit this around a bit when I notice more drinks and food ideas pop up
DonkHonk

Re: Kitchen/Bar Recipe Expansion

Postby orbisa » Mon Aug 17, 2015 12:00 pm

new recipes without any new effects aren't hard, but we do need the sprites for them
RetiredEnslaved Coder
orbisa

Re: Kitchen/Bar Recipe Expansion

Postby DonkHonk » Mon Aug 17, 2015 9:12 pm

orbisa wrote:new recipes without any new effects aren't hard, but we do need the sprites for them

Never knew that. I just figured to add ease to ideas or suggetions that could go over the top was all.
DonkHonk

Return to Suggestions, Feedback, and Troubleshooting