[suggestion] leech species.

Suggest new things or complain about things that suck/are broken. Work with people to better your idea(s), or help each other figure out how to fix something that isn't working as you thought it should. Getting feedback for your characters can also be done here.

[suggestion] leech species.

Postby Ominous » Wed May 03, 2017 8:39 am

Having a new species that can be playable on station, for those people who enjoy blood related fetishes such as blood sucking. Adding a leech in game would be quite interesting as it could use the mechanic of the iv drips for its ability to suck blood from its.... willing victims.

Sprites can be made to resemble those of a snake however just more fat.

To make a list of interesting things that could be done for this species.
A large fat snake while moving but can also lift up its head.
Ability to suck different kinds of blood for nutrition.
A bit if nightvision as well as immunity to drowning.
Ominous

Re: [suggestion] leech species.

Postby Wickedtemp » Wed May 03, 2017 11:07 am

You may run into issues with the following:
• If you don't know how much blood you're taking, you could end up taking too much, the oxy damage really increases pretty fast for blood loss.
• If you ingest blood, it poisons you. Doesn't matter the blood type.
• For injections, blood type DOES matter, depending on how this is done you could end up potentially poisoning yourself that way, too.
Wickedtemp

Postby Ominous » Thu May 04, 2017 6:45 am

After confirming with one of the developers. The blood issues can be fixed in many ways such as adding an additional organ which will allow the leech to process blood in a different way without it receiving toxins. As for the blood levels problem, it'll give medical something to do once and a while and the leeches would be responsible if they drank too much.
Ominous

Postby Vorrarkul » Thu May 04, 2017 8:06 am

I believe the concern is that there is not much way to gauge how much is too much, without a health analyzer or other way to 'scan' their blood level.
On a separate note, my sympathies go out to all vampire players, now that I know that ingested blood is poisonous.
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Vorrarkul

Postby ArbyTheDragon » Thu May 04, 2017 7:39 pm

Nobody will care about a health analyzer if having low blood wasn't so ridiculously hazardous.

The safe blood level is currently anything >85%. Anything below that is when you feel faint, and start to incur a little bit of oxy-loss. The problem is that now, any amount of oxy loss will give you BRAIN DAMAGE.
At about 80%, you can still live because the oxy loss tops off at about 20, but any amount of oxy damage causes. In my opinion, this is more ludicrous when it didn't do any brain damage at all.

Brain damage should be bumped down to the blood level where you lose consciousness (I forget what the oxy damage level is for that, but the blood level for it is 70%?). Cause right now, even having below safe for a single tick is enough to guarantee you're gonna have permanent brain damage. If we did that, then feeling faint would be the perfect indicator that you've lost enough just as it used to be before the brain damage changes.
ArbyTheDragon

Postby Wickedtemp » Fri May 05, 2017 2:28 pm

IIRC you pass out at 50 Oxy.
Wickedtemp

Return to Suggestions, Feedback, and Troubleshooting