Edit Sec/Med Access!

Suggest new things or complain about things that suck/are broken. Work with people to better your idea(s), or help each other figure out how to fix something that isn't working as you thought it should. Getting feedback for your characters can also be done here.

Edit Sec/Med Access!

Postby Wickedtemp » Wed May 03, 2017 2:16 am

So! A relatively slight access change, after being discussed in Discord, for Security and the CMO.
The Changes:
- Removal of Medical Access from Head of Security
- Removal of Basic Sec Access from CMO
- Encourage cooperation, as neither Head can simply barge in and get what they need!
The Reasons!:
- Sec tends to abuse this access. A lot. Whether it's them running in to steal a first aid kit, a syringe, or raid a nanomed vendor for sedatives or if they just want in to 'patrol', there are some rounds where I see the HoS hanging out in Medical more often than their own department.
- Right now, Sec has access to Med Records. So if Sec needs someone's records, they just take whatever they need. They'd have to actually ask a Department for that Department's documentation. This might sound like a big deal to some, but it boils down to simply asking and presenting a valid reason for why they require this set of records, such as "Hello, Security is requesting the records of X, there was DNA left at the scene of a crime and the fingerprints match, we simply need to check their DNA strand for any matches." ... And done. Medical and Security are supposed to work together for investigations. The two departments are the main 'guardian' roles, the Sword and Shield, so I believe that encouraging cooperation would be beneficial, overall.
- One the CMO's side of the changes, as mild compensation, the CMO will no longer be able to run into Security. Paramedic might have this access too, so you should prolly check. Anyways, more often than not if someone's hurt in Sec, there's usually someone NOT hurt to come and grab the door for you on your way in. This is true for pretty much every department. Medical being called to Cargo, an outpost, Science, etc, generally there's at least one person around who can help with access.

There were a few other reasons brought up in the discord, feel free to post thoughts, comments, questions, concerns, and fun facts.

Edit: https://github.com/VOREStation/VOREStation/issues/1463 -- I was told to post this on git after I made the forum post... so... Iunno. I'll be checking both frequently.
Last edited by Wickedtemp on Wed May 03, 2017 2:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
Wickedtemp

Re: Edit Sec/Med Access!

Postby arokha » Wed May 03, 2017 2:18 am

[post redacted since too hard to keep up with editing both this and github, will just reply there]
arokha

Re: Edit Sec/Med Access!

Postby Dhaeleena » Wed May 03, 2017 2:32 am

Okay so yes this is an issue. I was thinking on making a new access called access_medbay_doors, similar to the access_security_doors all heads of staff have to walk into the first security doors. Currently, In the new map, If we implement this, it would only allow heads of staff to walk into the first room of medbay which only contains the scanners and that stuff. I think heads having this "front doors" access to medbay is very important. Anyways, HoS or HoP CAP or anyone that isn't medical just waltzing in and doing medical's job isn't ok. That is against the rules "Stay in your department" and also could break the "Realistic characters" rules, As, HoS and sec should have minimal first aid skills but none of them should know how to set up cryo, Do chems in chemistry, reesleve someone or do surgery. If this happens it needs to be reported to admins because its not ok. Just like a HoP of Cap should not be walking into science and doing research, And just like Captain with all their mighty access should not be doing any other job that isn't well being the cap. If anyone ever gives the excuse of "But i have muh access" Then they are going to be slapped because they are not supposed to be doing someone's else job. ANYWAYS i went into a bit of a rant there. I believe if we could take the access_medical away from all heads and give them the new access_medical_doors (only front doors) access to them.

TL dr: Heads will only be able to access the main medbay door. They will be locked for every other single room of medbay unless they have explicit access to said area for some reason. People will be severely admin slapped for doing medbay's job when not medical personnel and having other medical personnel on site.
Dhaeleena

Return to Suggestions, Feedback, and Troubleshooting