[Suggestion] Alraune/plant Species (Whitelist species)

Suggest new things or complain about things that suck/are broken. Work with people to better your idea(s), or help each other figure out how to fix something that isn't working as you thought it should. Getting feedback for your characters can also be done here.

[Suggestion] Alraune/plant Species (Whitelist species)

Postby Natje » Thu Apr 27, 2017 8:23 pm

Just nicked some template pieces from the SCA template to make it easier for myself~

Species: Alraune.
As it's meant to be like a "template" kind of thing, for people who want to play Dryad, Alraune/mandrake, humanoid Treant, or any other kind of species, the name isn't really that important... But Alraune is my personal favorite name. (It's german for mandrake apparently, and seems to be often for humanoid plant creatures, often the kind buried into the ground in a plant bulb.)

Some example names of the species:
Lavender, Rosania, Rosemary, Mapelis, anything plant-ish, I suppose.

Summarize what you know about the species:
I'd imagine the base form of this species to perhaps be a xenobotanical creation, similarly to how Prometheans are a xenobiological/sciencey creation (Unless I got things completely wrong there.)
Perhaps, created in xenobotanical research facility by splicing Diona DNA/matter with human/humanoid DNA, or just have them be a sub-species of diona, that instead of being a mass of several consciousnesses(diona nymphs) are more of a singular entity.
Orr, just a completely different species from somewhere completely different.

Why do you want to play this species?:
I really, really love Alraune/plant creature species, and put bluntly, I want to violate people as a plant-being. However, I'm also the kind of person who needs the mechanical ingame things to match atleast a little, and the idea of bleeding red blood, drowning in water, or other human-like problems occuring throws me off... It doesn't take all that much to temporarily shut down my ability to roleplay when it comes to immersion-shattering things.
(Also I really hate the diona sprite but shhh, don't tell them that!)

What do you expect them to bring to the station's RP by this species being allowed?:
People would be more inclined to play plant-creatures. I know there are dryads and plant-like being present on the station occasionally, and some of them seemed quite positive to the idea of an actual species for it existing.

As for how they would be implemented... My idea would be copying Diona, and slapping on a human body form. As it will be whitelisted, and plant people being a little bit of a rarer fetish thing (I think?) there's bound to be few of them, and easily regulated and stopped should they be abused.
(Not that I think that'd be a problem... I mean, I don't even hear about Prometheans being abused, and they're not even whitelisted, which this should be.)

Criticism, feedback and suggestions are VERY welcome.
Natje

Re: [Suggestion] Alraune/plant Species (Whitelist species)

Postby Natje » Fri Apr 28, 2017 6:44 am

Discussing things with people on Discord, I've come to know just how ridicolously overpowered Dionas are. I don't really want them to be that powerful... I do want them to be strong, but not GOD TIER strong. That's silly

My idea of fixing that would be increasing the damage they take from fire sources dramatically, reducing the healing speed for that, while also reducing the base healing speed when in lights, perhaps to Promethean levels, or slightly below.
However, along with this, one thing I'd LOVE to see, is them being able to buckle onto empty hydroponic trays, and get a heal boost from nutrition in them. That would correlate well with them being plants, and they wouldn't be at the stage where they could fight down the entire gateway with nothing but fists and determination, while still retaining some power.

I'd also want the split-into-nymp-on-death removed, as it wouldn't make sense. Perhaps instead, make them turn into indigestible seeds on death, so they can be grown, or simply be cloneable? I want them to be able to be digestible for scenes where they're prey, else prey plant creatures wouldn't be able to do digestion scenes, which I personally love, and want to be possible without dying off completely.
Natje

Postby Aphelion » Sat Apr 29, 2017 6:20 am

Tbh, I think plant people would be lovely to add. I'm not really sure about their origins being a science experiment, I'd rather if the fictional species their lore is based off to be like the floran. Tribalistic voracious plant people
Aphelion

Postby Natje » Sun Apr 30, 2017 2:19 am

While I don't really want them to be voracious(I don't really want there to be any characters using this that may cause problems with Sec and stuff like that, because no pain makes them a PAIN to stop if they decide to resist.), being their own species might be the best, yeah. However, then there would be a need of a detailed lore, and I don't think I have to skills necesary to write up a good lore.

Of course, if someone volunteered to write something up, that'd be wonderful!
Natje

Postby orbisa » Mon May 01, 2017 11:31 am

Plant people are always fun, and I think that the reason our own arent played much is becouse of the speed, so if I have to make just one suggestion, is to use a normal movement speed, giver or take 0.5, no more than that, otherwise it might not be played much.

I also discourage the use of a whitelist for any species, but thats a suggestion for another time and tangential to this. Good work asking for something as cute as this Nat, hope it gets through.
RetiredEnslaved Coder
orbisa

Postby somekindofpony » Mon May 08, 2017 9:12 am

Doesn't seem like something that would be game breaking, plus non-diona dryads would be great.
somekindofpony

Postby Scree » Thu May 18, 2017 11:29 am

tbh I'd just give them near-identical stats to humans with some minor tweaks like nutrition from light (though nothing on the scale of diona) and possible benefits like healing faster when in a CO2-enriched atmosphere.

Oh, and the IS_PLANT tag, obviously. So we can shoot them with somatorays and make them fat.
Scree

Return to Suggestions, Feedback, and Troubleshooting