[Suggestion] Fairies!

Suggest new things or complain about things that suck/are broken. Work with people to better your idea(s), or help each other figure out how to fix something that isn't working as you thought it should. Getting feedback for your characters can also be done here.

[Suggestion] Fairies!

Postby Silhouette » Mon Oct 24, 2016 12:45 am

So, I remember prior to switching over to Polaris, there were fairy mobs. While looking into seeing if I could get a character whitelisted to play as one, I was told they were no longer in the game.

I'd like to see something like a Fairy race or mob added to the game that we could potentially play as.

Argobarg even made a few sprites for it, when we mentioned it on the chat, earlier; The idea being that they're tiny fairies, but they becoming a flying belly when they eat someone bigger than them:

http://i.imgur.com/lKojLEX.gifv

http://i.imgur.com/Drnh2j0.gifv
Silhouette

Re: [Suggestion] Fairies!

Postby Aces » Wed Aug 09, 2017 5:39 am

I wish I got to this sooner. This should be a thing. Where's the .dmi files?
Aces

Postby Ketrai » Sat Sep 16, 2017 4:53 pm

I've seen people make fairy-like characters already. is there anything specific you'd like to see? since like, mobs and races imply special abilities. I may be able to help code something in.
Ketrai

Postby Scree » Sun Sep 17, 2017 8:02 am

I like.

Also maaaaan I need to look at code and hoooowwwwwwww do you make a critter that becomes immobilised upon eating something

I wanna add gluttonous little critters that get too fat to move
Scree

Postby ArgobargSoup » Sun Sep 17, 2017 5:39 pm

Scree wrote:I like.

Also maaaaan I need to look at code and hoooowwwwwwww do you make a critter that becomes immobilised upon eating something

I wanna add gluttonous little critters that get too fat to move

Dunno about outright stoppin' them, but you could just turn their "speed" and "turns_per_move" variables ta somethin' high (higher speed value = slower mob accordin' to the code), and maybe "stop_automated_movement" ta stop AI-controlled ones from wanderin'.

My old catgirl mob test code from a while back had them eventually stop movin' and fall asleep when full, might be able ta salvage somethin' from that.
ArgobargSoup

Return to Suggestions, Feedback, and Troubleshooting