Whitelist Diona?

Suggest new things or complain about things that suck/are broken. Work with people to better your idea(s), or help each other figure out how to fix something that isn't working as you thought it should. Getting feedback for your characters can also be done here.

Should Diona be whitelisted?

Poll ended at Mon Oct 31, 2016 10:32 pm

Yes. Players should require an application to play them.
60%
No. I do not think players should have to apply for a whitelist.
40%

Total votes : 30

Whitelist Diona?

Postby Aces » Wed Oct 19, 2016 10:32 pm

I just realized Diona aren't affected by the alien whitelist. I thought they were.

So here's arguments in favor of a Diona whitelist, and arguments against. Add your own arguments for or against. Voting will go until the end of the month.

Pro-Whitelist
  • Tanky as fuck, pretty much indestructible to most forms of damage except burning them down and turning off the lights.
  • Force players of Diona to actually behave like Diona which are peaceful intellectuals, instead of dumb angry tree people who punch things and doesn't afraid of anything.
  • Robust tanky tree people. Seriously, have you tried to punch a tree? It doesn't fucking work, especially when the tree can punch back.
  • Diona nymphs can be obnoxious as hell and spamming them gets annoying.
  • Nightmare for Security, who can't stun trees, and usually can't kill them either because they are fueled by light and shitcurity's tears.
  • Did I mention how fucking tanky they are?

Anti-Whitelist
  • Slow as balls.
  • Seriously, they're fucking slow.
  • Actually okay balanced until they start using the cargo train to get around like cheeky cunts.
  • Aside from nymph spam and those idiots who play angry trees, Diona haven't actually been a big problem yet as far as I know.
  • A few people play Diona already. A couple are actually good.
Aces

Re: Whitelist Diona?

Postby Wickedtemp » Wed Oct 19, 2016 10:42 pm

Given that Diona are meant to be played a certain way, and that it's ANNOYING AS FUCK to have a random diona player just show up, disintegrate into nymphs and run around being an annoying nymph...

Tajaran characters, and other non-human species, don't require a whitelist partially because they're often used as a "base" for a different species. Tajaran is essentially a generic feline base at this point.

But for Diona, that isn't the case. A Tajaran character could be...any manner of feline. A diona character is still just a diona. And as such, I think they should be played as one, until this is changed.

Edit for clarification: This is mainly because I had to deal with essentially grey-tide Nymphs ONCE, and that was more than enough for me. That shit got OLD.
Last edited by Wickedtemp on Wed Oct 19, 2016 10:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Wickedtemp

Postby Kayleen » Wed Oct 19, 2016 10:45 pm

I agree with what WickedTempest has said. I'd argue they'd be better off on a whitelist.
Kayleen

Postby Demicus_Maximus » Wed Oct 19, 2016 10:51 pm

I'm for the white-list. It's not a big issue right now, but there have been some irritating incidents in the past.
Demicus_Maximus

Postby arokha » Wed Oct 19, 2016 10:58 pm

It's a little ... well. Something something. That they can split into a bunch of mobs and such. S'kinda... a thing that might belong on a whitelist.
arokha

Postby Scree » Wed Oct 19, 2016 11:04 pm

The splitting-into-nymphs thing can be annoying, yes. It's very much the HEY CHECK OUT MY COOL POWERS thing. Someone who's been a mass of nymphs their entire life shouldn't find such... novelty in splitting like that.
Scree

Postby ulviiriara » Wed Oct 19, 2016 11:20 pm

They can easily solo away missions. In the run right through sort of way. Whitelist them.
ulviiriara

Postby Molenar » Wed Oct 19, 2016 11:24 pm

Voting FOR the whitelist, mainly due to having seen a couple of the crazed style ones and those that really just feel like diona skin on another generic character. I agree that they dont really do as a base for anything but themselves. Nymph mode aside, I see the poor diona characters in the same light as I do the poorly played xenomorph ones we had issues with a while back. It kinda breaks the species concept on something with specific ways they should act, having all but one or two of them being so far off from the norm.
Molenar

Postby Wickedtemp » Wed Oct 19, 2016 11:26 pm

The vote is tied as of now, however, every comment has been approving of the whitelist... I'm curious as to hear the reasons why people would be against it.
Wickedtemp

Postby Zalvine » Thu Oct 20, 2016 1:00 am

I'd say I'm against white list, as there are some folks who use diona for other type of species. Some use them as Treant types, I've noticed.
That and they have a sufficient level of cons, that most players aren't even interested in using them most of the time. Namely, the whole...well.
THEY ARE FUKKIN SLOW. It drives most people not to play them. I've seen..3 diona? Only one was around longer than a single round.

Now, on to what I think -should- get white listed, is Prometheans. Why? Well, allow me to explain.

PROS to Prometheans:
-You regen from everything in 60 seconds. Everything short of critical/death.
-You're fast as everyone else.
-No bones, no organs, no surgery ever needed on you. Period.
-Emulate any species you want, just see through and goopy.
-No air required! You have no organs, put on any flimsy space suit, and you can be EVA indefinitely.
-Far as testing proved, you're also immune to cold!
-Tanky as fuck as long as you're not immediately hosed down in bullets or lasers. Tank through regeneration!
-Unlike diona, you aren't starved with no light! Go ahead, eat what you want.

Cons:
-You cannot be cloned.
-You cannot be healed. However, you regen rapidly anyway, almost not even a con.

All in all. I would be far more happy if Prometheans hit the white list barrier rather than Diona. This is speaking as someone who has played both.
Zalvine

Next

Return to Suggestions, Feedback, and Troubleshooting